Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Health Literacy Studies Web Site.Accessed July 5, 2003)
- Accessed July 10, 2003)
- Executive summary of adult literacy in America: a first look at the results of the national adult literacy survey. National Center for Education Statistics Web site.Accessed August 31, 2004)
- Inadequate literacy is a barrier to asthma knowledge and self-care.Chest. 1998; 114: 1008-1015
- Association of health literacy with diabetes outcomes.JAMA. 2002; 288: 475-482
- Race and Hispanic or Latino: 2000 (Table GCT-P6) Geographic Area: United States.Available at:http://factfinder.census.gov/servlet/GCTTable?_bm=y&-geo_id=01000US&-_box_head_nbr=GCT-P6&-ds_name=DEC_2000_SF1_U&-_lang=en&-format=US-9&-_sse=on(Accessed November 21, 2004)
- Providing patients with written medication information.Ann Pharmacother. 1998; 32: 962-968
- The gap between patient reading comprehension and the readability of patient education materials.J Fam Pract. 1990; 31: 533-538
- Reading ability of parents compared with reading level of pediatric education materials.Pediatrics. 1994; 93: 460-468
- Parental literacy and understanding of medical information.Pediatrics. 1998; 102: 1-6
- Parents can dose liquid medication accurately.Pediatrics. 1997; 100: 330-333
- TOFHLA: Test of Functional Health Literacy in Adults. Peppercorn Books & Press, Snow Camp, NC1995
Presented in part at the annual meetings of the Eastern Society for Pediatric Research in Connecticut, March 2004, and the Pediatric Academic Societies in San Francisco, Calif, May 2004.