Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Teenage fatherhood: Issues confronting young black males.in: Gibb JT Young, Black, and Male in America. Auburn House, New York1988: 188-218
- Cross-cultural perspectives on fatherhood.in: Bozett F Hanson S Fatherhood and Family in Cultural Context. Springer, New York, NY1991: 1-27
- (In)visible men: Emerging research on low-income, unmarried, and minority fathers.Am Psychol. 2001; 56: 743-753
- The fathers of “fatherless” black children. Families in society.J Contemp Hum Serv. 1997; 78: 564-578
- The definition of fatherhood: in the words of never-married African American custodial mothers and the noncustodial fathers of their children.J Sociol Soc Welfare. 1998; 25: 81-104
- LONGSCAN: a consortium for longitudinal studies of maltreatment and the life course of children.Aggr Violent Behav. 1998; 3: 275-285
- NUD*IST Vivo (Version 1.0) [computer software]. QSR International Pty Ltd, Melbourne, Australia2000
- Gender and Power: Society, the Person, and Sexual Politics. Stanford University Press, Stanford, CA1987
- The role of social change.in: Bozett F Hanson S Fatherhood and Family in Cultural Context. Springer, New York, NY1991: 28-52
- Father involvement and children's functioning at age 6: a multi-site study.Child Maltreat. 2001; 6: 300-309
- Fathers and child development: An introductory overview and guide.in: Lamb ME The Role of the Father in Child Development. John Wiley, New York, NY1997: 121-142
- Father involvement and child behavior and development.Child Dev. 1999; 70: 967-978
- Fathers and pediatricians: enhancing men's roles in the care and development of their children.Pediatrics. 2004; 113: 1406-1411
- Paternal involvement: Levels, sources and consequences.in: Lamb ME The Role of the Father in Child Development. 3rd ed. John Wiley, New York, NY1997: 66-103
- The Father's Role: Cross-Cultural Perspectives. Erlbaum, Hillsdale, NJ1987
A version of this paper was presented at the Pediatric Academic Society meeting in Baltimore, Md, in May 2001.