Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Armstrong Lecture 2005: If I were king of pediatrics.Ambul Pediatr. 2005; 5: 263-267
- Youth and disability in the 21st century: the 2004 George Armstrong Lecture of the Ambulatory Pediatric Association.Ambul Pediatr. 2004; 4: 402-406
- Racial/ethnic disparities in child health: familiar problems and unknown solutions.Ambul Pediatr. 2005; 5: 317-318
- Child Health and the Community.2nd ed. Transaction Publishers, New Brunswick, NJ1993
Dubay L, Haley J, Kenney G. Children's eligibility for Medicaid and SCHIP: a view from 2000. The Urban Institute. No. B-41 in the series New Federalism: National Survey of America's Families. March 1, 2002. Available at: http://www.urban.org/health_policy/url.cfm?ID=310435. Accessed July 21, 2008.
American Dental Association statement on the death of Deamonte Driver. Available at: http://www.ada.org/public/media/releases/0703_release01.asp. Accessed June 3, 2008.
- Science and ambulatory health services for children.in: The George L. Armstrong Lectureship, 1969. 30th Anniversary: The Ambulatory Pediatric Association: Its History and the Collection of the George Armstrong Lectureships (1960–1990). Ambulatory Pediatric Association, McLean, Va1990: 41
Szilagyi PG, Schaffer SJ, Shone LP, et al. 1999 Monroe County Immunization Survey. Available at: http://www.monroecounty.gov/p/health-mcimmunizationsurvey.pdf. Accessed June 4, 2008.
- Is underimmunization a marker for insufficient utilization of preventive and primary care?.Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med. 1995; 149: 393-397
- A randomized study of tracking with outreach and provider prompting to improve immunization coverage and primary care.Pediatrics. 1999; 103: 31-38
- Reducing geographic, racial, and ethnic disparities in childhood immunization rates by using reminder/recall interventions in urban primary care practices.Pediatrics. 2002; 110: e58-e66
- Evaluation of children's health insurance: from New York State's Child Health Plus to SCHIP.Pediatrics. 2000; 105: e687-e691
- Improved access and quality of care after enrollment in the New York State Children's Health Insurance Program (SCHIP).Pediatrics. 2004; 113: e395-e404
- Reduction in racial and ethnic disparities after enrollment in the State Children's Health Insurance Program.Pediatrics. 2005; 115: e697-e705
- The State Children's Health Insurance Program.Curr Opin Pediatr. 2005; 17: 764-772
- Improved asthma care after enrollment in the State Children's Health Insurance Program (SCHIP) in New York.Pediatrics. 2006; 117: 486-496
- Improved healthcare among children with special health care needs (CSHCN) after enrollment in the State Children's Health Insurance Program (SCHIP).Ambul Pediatr. 2007; 7: 10-17
Kaiser Commission on Medicaid and the Uninsured. SCHIP program enrollment: June 2005 update. Available at: http://www.kff.org/medicaid/upload/7607.pdf. Accessed June 4, 2008.
Kaiser Commission on Medicaid and the Uninsured. Enrolling uninsured low-income children in Medicaid and SCHIP. Available at: http://www.kff.org/medicaid/upload/2177-05.pdf. Accessed June 4, 2008.
- Federation of Pediatric Organizations (FOPO) position statement: health insurance for all children and youth in the United States.J Pediatr. 2008; 153: 301-302
- The fate of SCHIP—surrogate marker for healthcare ideology?.N Engl J Med. 2007; 357: 2104-2107
- The proxy war—SCHIP and the government's role in SCHIP reform.N Engl J Med. 2008; 358: 869-872
US Census Bureau. Income, poverty, and health insurance coverage in the United States: 2006. Available at: http://www.census.gov/prod/2007pubs/p60-233.pdf. Accessed June 7, 2008.
Iglehart JK. Insuring all children—the new political imperative. N Engl J Med. 357;1:70–76.
Wise PH. Laying the framework: the effects of environmental and social determinants of child health. Paper presented at: Peds 21: Pediatrics for the 21st Century symposium series. American Academy of Pediatrics NCE. October 26, 2007; San Francisco, Calif.
- Good to Great.HarperCollins, New York, NY2001
Academic Pediatric Association. Available at: http://www.ambpeds.org/site/index.htm. Accessed June 7, 2008.
- Some steps needed to ensure the health of America's children: lessons learned from 50 years in pediatrics.Ambul Pediatr. 2006; 6: 123-129
- Pediatric phylogeny and lessons learned in the garden.Ambul Pediatr. 2003; 3: 223-227
Presented to the Academic Pediatric Association on May 5, 2008, in Honolulu, Hawaii.