Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Academic Pediatrics
- Depth of information processing and memory for medical facts.Med Teach. 1995; 17: 307-313
- Engaging the Online Learner: Activities and Resources for Creative Instruction.Jossey-Bass, San Francisco, Calif2004
McKeachie WJ. McKeachie's Teaching Tips: Strategies, Research, and Theory for College and University Teachers. 11th ed. Boston, Mass: Houghton Mifflin; 2002.
- Using games-based eLearning technologies in overcoming difficulties in teaching information systems.JITE. 2006; 5: 459-476
- Multi-institutional development and utilization of a computer-assisted learning program for the pediatrics clerkship: the CLIPP project.Acad Med. 2005; 80: 847-855
- Students’ learning styles and their preferences for online instructional methods.J Educ Tech Syst. 2005; 34: 199-201
- Computer gaming and interactive simulations for learning: a meta-analysis.J Educ Comput Res. 2006; 34: 243-299
- Simulations and games: use and barriers in higher education.Act Learn High Educ. 2006; 7: 227-242
- Constructivism, instructional design, and technology: implications for transforming distance learning. Educational Technology & Society.Educ Tech Soc. 2000; 3: 50-60
Kendrick J, Ogershok P, Maloney C. MEDGAME, the medical boardgame. Available at: http://www.medgame.org/. Accessed July 17, 2008.
- The pediatric board game.Med Teach. 2004; 26: 514-517
- Playing games in this pediatrics department can boost learning.AAP News. 2002; 21: 258-259
Kendrick J, Maloney C. MEDGAME flashcards. Available at: http://www.medgame.org/medflash.html. Accessed July 17, 2008.
University of Maryland. QUIS. Questionnaire for user interaction satisfaction. Version 7.0 (software, version 7.0). Available at: http://lap.umd.edu/QUIS/. Accessed July 17, 2008.
Chin J, Diehl V, Norman K. Development of an instrument measuring user satisfaction of the human-computer interface. In: CHI ’88 Conference Proceedings: Human Factors in Computing Systems. Proceedings of SIGCHI 1988 Conference. New York, NY: Association for Computing Machinery Press; 1988: 213–218. Available at: http://lap.umd.edu/quis/publications/chin1988.pdf. Accessed May 1, 2008.
Harper B, Norman K. Improving user satisfaction: the questionnaire for user interaction satisfaction version 5.5. In: Proceedings of Mid Atlantic Human Factors Conference, Virginia Beach, Va. 1993:224–228. Available at: http://lap.umd.edu/quis/publications/harper1993.pdf. Accessed May 1, 2008.
Harper B, Slaughter L, Norman K. Questionnaire administration via the WWW: a validation & reliability study for a user satisfaction questionnaire. Available at: http://www.lap.umd.edu/webnet/paper.html. Accessed May 1, 2008.
Slaughter L, Harper B, Norman K. Assessing the equivalence of the paper and on-line formats of the QUIS 5.5. Proceedings of Mid Atlantic Human Factors Conference. 1994:87–91.
- Psychological research as the phenomenologist views it.in: Valle R. King M. Existential-Phenomenological Alternatives for Psychology. Oxford University Press, New York, NY1978: 48-71
- Boyer's expanded definitions of scholarship, the standards for assessing scholarship, and the elusiveness of the scholarship of teaching.Acad Med. 2000; 75: 877-880
McGrath D. The scholarship of application. J Ext. 2006;44:2FEA8. Available at: http://www.joe.org/joe/2006april/a8.shtml. Accessed July 17, 2008.
- Objectives, evaluation, and the improvement of education.Stud Educ Eval. 2005; 31: 102-113
- Information Age Publishing, Greenwich, Conn2001 Learning From Media: Arguments, Analysis, and Evidence.
- Comparison of individualized computer game reinforcement versus peer-interactive board game reinforcement on retention of nutrition label knowledge.J Health Educ. 2000; 31: 138-142