Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Academic Pediatrics
- Childhood obesity: public-health crisis, common sense cure.Lancet. 2002; 360: 473-482
- Prevalence of childhood and adult obesity in the United States, 2011–2012.JAMA. 2014; 311: 806-814
- Childhood obesity.Lancet. 2010; 375: 1737-1748
- Childhood obesity and adult morbidities.Am J Clin Nutr. 2010; 91: 1499S-1505S
- The role of pediatricians in the coordinated national effort to address childhood obesity.Pediatrics. 2010; 126: 574-575
- Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders.4th ed., text revision ed. American Psychiatric Association, Washington, DC2000
- Changes in Prevalence of Parent-Reported Autism Spectrum Disorder in School-Aged US Children: 2007 to 2011–2012.National Center for Health Statistics, Hyattsville, Md2013 (National Health Statistics Report 65)
- A comparison of eating behaviors between children with and without autism.J Autism Dev Disord. 2004; 34: 433-438
- What is the current status of research concerning use of a gluten-free, casein-free diet for children diagnosed with autism?.J Am Diet Assoc. 2009; 109: 572
- Objectively measured physical activity between children with autism spectrum disorders and children without disabilities during inclusive recess settings in Taiwan.J Autism Dev Disord. 2008 Aug; 38: 1292-1301
- Physical activity, dietary habits and overall health in overweight and obese children and youth with intellectual disability or autism.Res Dev Disabil. 2013; 34: 1170-1178
- Obesity and obesity-related secondary conditions in adolescent with intellectual/developmental disabilities.J Intellect Disabil Res. 2010; 54: 787-794
- A longitudinal investigation of psychotropic and non-psychotropic medication use among adolescents and adults with autism spectrum disorders.J Autism Dev Disord. 2009; 39: 1339-1349
- A systematic review of the use of atypical antipsychotics in autism.J Psychopharmacol. 2002; 16: 93-101
- Weight gain and metabolic risks associated with antipsychotic medications in children and adolescents.J Child Adolesc Psychopharmacol. 2011; 21: 517-535
- Weight gain associated with use of psychotropic medications.J Clin Psychiatry. 1999; 60: 16-19
- The prevalence of obesity in children with autism: a secondary data analysis using nationally representative data from the National Survey of Children's Health.BMC Pediatr. 2010; 10: 11
- Prevalence of overweight in children and adolescents with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder and autism spectrum disorders: a chart review.BMC Pediatr. 2005; 5: 48
- Obesity in young children with autism spectrum disorders: prevalence and associated factors.Child Obes. 2013; 9: 125-131
- Obesity in children with autism spectrum disorder.Harv Rev Psychiatry. 2014; 22: 93-103
Zuckerman KE, Hill AP, Guion K, et al. Overweight and obesity: prevalence and correlates in a large clinical sample of children with autism spectrum disorder. J Autism Dev Disord. In press.
Phillips KL, Schieve LA, Visser S, et al. Prevalence and impact of unhealthy weight in a national sample of US adolescents with autism and other learning and behavioral disabilities. Matern Child Health J. In press.
- Calculating the benefits of a research patient data repository.AMIA Annu Symp Proc. 2006; : 1044
- Pediatrician identification of Latino children at risk for autism spectrum disorder.Pediatrics. 2013; 132: 445-453
- 2000 CDC growth charts for the United States: methods and development. National Center for Health Statistics.Vital Health Stat. 2002; 11
- Health Insurance Coverage in Massachusetts: Estimates from the 2008 Massachusetts Health Insurance Survey.Massachusetts Division of Health Care Finance and Policy, Commonwealth of Massachusetts, and Urban Institute, Boston, Mass2008 (Available at: http://www.urban.org/UploadedPDF/411815_Massachusetts_Insurance.pdf. Accessed May 13, 2014.)
- Pharmacological treatments prescribed to people with autism spectrum disorder (ASD) in primary health care.Psychopharmacology (Berl). 2014; 231: 1011-1021
- Medical comorbidities in autism: challenges to diagnosis and treatment.Neurotherapeutics. 2010; 7: 320-327
- Prevalence of overweight and obesity in the United States, 1999–2004.JAMA. 2006; 295 (http://www.urban.org/UploadedPDF/411815_Massachusetts_Insurance.pdf. Accessed May 13, 2014.): 1549-1555
- Racial/ethnic disparities in the identification of children with autism spectrum disorders.Am J Public Health. 2009; 99: 493-498
- Early diagnoses of autism spectrum disorders in Massachusetts birth cohorts, 2001–2005.Pediatrics. 2011; 127: 1043-1051
The authors declare that they have no conflict of interest.