Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
McCaig L, Nawar E. National Hospital Ambulatory Medical Care Survey: 2004 emergency department summary. In: Advance Data from Vital and Health Statistics. No. 372. Hyattsville, Md: Center for Health Statistics; 2006:1–30.
- Safety net research in emergency medicine: proceedings of the Academic Emergency Medicine Consensus Conference on “The Unraveling Safety Net.”.Acad Emerg Med. 2001; 8: 1024-1029
- Usual source of care and nonurgent emergency department use.Acad Emerg Med. 2002; 9: 916-923
- When the visit to the emergency department is medically nonurgent: provider ideologies and patient advice.Qual Health Res. 2001; 11: 161-178
- Ambulatory visits to hospital emergency departments. Patterns and reasons for use. 24 Hours in the ED Study Group.JAMA. 1996; 276: 460-465
- Quality of primary care and subsequent pediatric emergency department utilization.Pediatrics. 2007; 119: 1131-1138
- Health, United States, 2005 With Chartbook on Trends in the Health of Americans.National Center for Health Statistics, Hyattsville, Md2005
- Hospital factors associated with emergency center patients leaving without being seen.Am J Emerg Med. 2000; 18: 767-772
- Patients who leave a public hospital emergency department without being seen by a physician. Causes and consequences.JAMA. 1991; 266: 1085-1090
- Patients who leave emergency departments without being seen by a physician: magnitude of the problem in Los Angeles County.Ann Emerg Med. 1994; 23: 294-298
- The impact of outpatient department and emergency room use on costs in the Texas Medicaid Program.Med Care. 1983; 21: 892-910
- Emergency room encounters of pediatric patients with asthma: cost comparisons with other treatment settings.J Ambul Care Manage. 1996; 19: 9-21
- Emergency medicine versus primary care: a case study of three prevalent, costly, and non-emergent diagnoses at a community teaching hospital.J Health Care Finance. 2000; 27: 51-65
- Continuity and quality of care for children with diabetes who are covered by Medicaid.Ambul Pediatr. 2001; 1: 99-103
- Association of lower continuity of care with greater risk of emergency department use and hospitalization in children.Pediatrics. 2001; 107: 524-529
- Measuring hospital quality: what physicians do? How patients fare? Or both?.JAMA. 2006; 296: 95-97
- Immunization performance measurement in a changing immunization environment.Pediatrics. 1999; 103: 889-897
- Does quality of care affect rates of hospitalization for childhood asthma?.Pediatrics. 1996; 98: 18-23
- Impact of inhaled antiinflammatory therapy on hospitalization and emergency department visits for children with asthma.Pediatrics. 2001; 107: 706-711
- Effectiveness of the 2003–2004 influenza vaccine among children 6 months to 8 years of age, with 1 vs 2 doses.Pediatrics. 2005; 116: 153-159
- Crossing the Quality Chasm: A New Health System for the Twenty-First Century.National Academy Press, Washington, DC2001
- The Consumer Assessment of Health Plan Study (CAHPS) survey of children's health care.Jt Comm J Qual Improv. 1999; 25: 369-377
- CAHPS in practice: the Iowa demonstration.J Ambul Care Manage. 2002; 25: 32-42
- Methods of categorizing emergency department visit urgency: a survey of pediatric emergency medicine physicians.Pediatr Emerg Care. 2006; 22: 635-639
- Association between parental and childhood emergency department utilization.Pediatrics. 2005; 115: e147-e151
- Categorizing urgency of infant emergency department visits: agreement between criteria.Acad Emerg Med. 2006; 13: 1304-1311
- The impact of realized access to care on health-related quality of life: a two-year prospective cohort study of children in the California State Children's Health Insurance Program.J Pediatr. 2006; 149: 354-361
- The effect of prior interactions with a primary care provider on nonurgent pediatric emergency department use.Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med. 2004; 158: 78-82
- Comparison of quality of care by specialist and generalist physicians as usual source of asthma care for children.Pediatrics. 2001; 108: 432-437
- The impact of allergy and pulmonary specialist care on emergency asthma utilization in a large managed care organization.Health Serv Res. 2005; 40: 1443-1465
- Fragmentation of care and the medical home.Pediatrics. 1977; 60: 559
- Access to the medical home: results of the National Survey of Children With Special Health Care Needs.Pediatrics. 2004; 113: 1485-1492
- Care-seeking patterns of inner-city families using an emergency room. A three-decade comparison.Med Care. 1996; 34: 1171-1179
- Lack of a regular source of care among children using a public hospital emergency department.Pediatr Emerg Care. 1999; 15: 13-16
- The impact of a pediatric medical home on immunization coverage.Clin Pediatr (Phila). 2000; 39: 89-96
- Risk factors associated with failure to receive vaccinations.Pediatrics. 1979; 64: 304-309
Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality. 2006 National Healthcare Disparities Report. Rockville, Md: Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality; 2006.
Merrill C, Owens P, Stocks C. Pediatric emergency department visits in community hospitals from selected states, 2005. HCUP Statistical Brief 52.
AHRQ Pediatric Quality Indicators. Pediatric quality indicators overview. Available at: http://www.qualityindicators.ahrq.gov/pdi_overview.htm. Accessed November 25, 2008.