Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Measurement of children’s health.Ambul Pediatr. 2004; 4: 365-370
Department of Health and Human Services. Healthy People 2010. Available at: http://www.health.gov/healthypeople/document/html/uih/uih_2.htm. Accessed February 21, 2007.
- A new definition of children with special health care needs.Pediatrics. 1998; 102: 137-140
- What Diagnosis does not tell–the case for a noncategorical approach to chronic illness in childhood.Soc Sci Med. 1989; 29: 769-778
- Identifying children with special health care needs: development and evaluation of a short screening tool.Ambul Pediatr. 2002; 2: 38-48
- Comparison of the children with special health care needs screener to the questionnaire to identify children with chronic conditions–revised.Ambul Pediatr. 2002; 2: 49-57
- Health Resources and Services Administration, Maternal and Child Health Bureau. The National Survey of Children with Special Health Care Needs Chartbook 2005–2006.Rockville, Md. 2007; (U.S. Department of Health and Human Services)
- Identification of children with special health care needs: a cornerstone to achieving healthy people 2010.Ambul Pediatr. 2002; 2: 22-23
- Implementing community-based systems of services for children and youths with special health care needs: how well are we doing?.Pediatrics. 2004; 113: 1538-1544
- An evaluation of the linguistic and cultural validity of the Spanish language version of the children with special health care needs screener [serial online].Matern Child Health J. 2007; 11: 568-585
- Is the prevalence of children and youth with special health care needs increasing? Toward an understanding of variations in findings across three national surveys.Matern Child Health J. 2008; 12: 1-14
- Approaches to Identifying Children and Adults with Special Health Care Needs: A Resource Manual for State Medicaid Agencies and Managed Care Organizations.Oregon Health & Science University, Portland, Ore2002
- Questionnaire for identifying children with chronic conditions (QuICCC): a measure based on a noncategorical approach.Pediatrics. 1997; 99: 513-521
- Implications for estimates of disability in children: a comparison of definitional components [serial online].Pediatrics. 1998; 101: 1025-1030
- Prevalence and impact of disabling chronic conditions in childhood [serial online].Am J Public Health. 1998; 88: 610-617
- Differentiating subgroups of children with special health care needs by health status and complexity of health care needs.Matern Child Health J. 2009; 13: 151-163
- Design and operation of the National Survey of Children With Special Health Care Needs, 2005-2006.Vital Health Stat. 2008; 45: 1-132
- Test Theory: A Unified Treatment.Erlbaum, Mahwah, NJ1999
- Psychometric Theory.2nd ed. McGraw-Hill, New York, NY1994 (701)
- Understanding internal consistency reliability estimates: a conceptual primer on coefficient alpha.Meas Eval Couns Dev. 2001; 34: 177-189
Carle AC. Interpreting the results of studies using latent variable models to assess data quality: an empirical example using confirmatory factor analysis. Qual Quant. In press.
Embretson S, Reise SP. Item response theory for psychologists. Mahwah, NJ: Lawrence Erlbaum Associates; 2000.
- Item response theory and its applications to patient-reported outcomes measurement.Eval Health Prof. 2005; 28: 264-282
Embretson S, Hershberger S. The new rules of measurement: what every psychologist and educator should know. Mahwah, NJ: Lawrence Erlbaum Associates; 1999.
- An item response theory analysis of the general and academic scales of the Self-Description Questionnaire II.J Res Pers. 1995; 29: 168-188
- Item Response Theory.Kluwer, Boston, Mass1985
- Do self-report instruments allow meaningful comparisons across diverse population groups? Testing measurement invariance using the confirmatory factor analysis framework.Med Care. 2006; 44: S78-S94
- Assessing and understanding measurement equivalence in health outcome measures. Issues for further quantitative and qualitative inquiry.Med Care. 2006; 44: S205-S210
- Estimation of latent ability using a response pattern of graded scores.Psychometrika Monogr Suppl. 1969; 34: 100
- Cutoff criteria for fit indexes in covariance structure analysis: conventional criteria versus new alternatives.Struct Equ Modeling. 1999; 6: 1-55
- Fit indices in covariance structure modeling: sensitivity to underparameterized model misspecification.Psychol Methods. 1998; 3: 424-453
- Assessing factorial invariance in ordered-categorical measures.J Multivariate Behav Res. 2004; 39: 479-515
- Monte Carlo based null distribution for an alternative goodness-of-fit test statistic in IRT models.J Educ Meas. 2000; 37: 58-75
- Empirical power and type I error rates for an IRT fit statistic that considers the precision of ability estimates.Educ Psychol Meas. 2003; 63: 566-583
- Assessing goodness of fit of item response theory models: a comparison of traditional and alternative procedures.J Educ Meas. 2003; 40: 331-352
- Developing tailored instruments: item banking and computerized adaptive assessment.Qual Life Res. 2007; 16: 95-108
Muthen LK, Muthen BO. Mplus User’s Guide. Fourth Edition. Los Angeles, Calif: Muthén & Muthén; 1998–2007.
- Skinner C.J. Holt D. Smith T.M.F. Analysis of Complex Surveys. Wiley, Chichester, England1989
Asparouhov T, Muthen B. Multivariate statistical modeling with survey data. Proceedings of the Federal Committee on Statistical Methodology (FCSM) Research Conference. November 14–16, 2005, Sheraton Crystal City Hotel, Arlington, Va. Federal Committee on Statistical Methodology, Washington, DC; 2005.