Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- From Neurons to Neighborhoods: The Science of Early Child Development.National Academy Press, Washington, DC2000
- Untangling the links of parental responsiveness to distress and warmth to child outcomes.Child Dev. 2006; 77: 44-58
- The relations of parental warmth and positive expressiveness to children’s empathy-related responding and social functioning: a longitudinal study.Child Dev. 2002; 73: 893-915
- Economic pressure in African American families: a replication and extension of the family stress model.Dev Psychol. 2002; 38: 179-193
- Social class gradients and health in childhood.Ambul Pediatr. 2002; 2: 238-246
Masten AS, Gewirtz AH. Vulnerability and resilience in early child development. In: McCartney K, Phillips DA, eds. Handbook of early childhood development. Malden, Mass: Blackwell Publishing: 2006.
- Introduction: addressing the millennial morbidity—the context of community pediatrics.Pediatrics. 2005; 115: 1121-1123
Bowlby J. Attachment and loss: Vol. 2. Separation. New York, NY: Basic Books; 1973.
Hagan JF Jr, Shaw JS, Duncan P, eds. Bright Futures: Guidelines for Health Supervision of Infants, Children, and Adolescents. 3rd ed. Elk Grove Village, Ill: American Academy of Pediatrics; 2008.
- Child Abuse and Neglect: The Family and the Community.Ballinger Publishing Company, Cambridge, Mass1976
- Randomized trial of a statewide home visiting program to prevent child abuse: impact in reducing parental risk factors.Child Abuse Negl. 2004; 28: 623-643
- Randomized trial of a statewide home visiting program: impact in preventing child abuse and neglect.Child Abuse Negl. 2004; 28: 597-622
- Parenting Stress Index Professional Manual.3rd ed. Pediatric Psychology Press, Charlottesville, Va1995
- Measuring Health: A Guide to Rating Scales and Questionnaires.2nd ed. Oxford University Press, New York, NY1996
- An improved diagnostic evaluation instrument for substance abuse patients: the Addiction Severity Index.J Nerv Ment Dis. 1980; 168: 26-33
- Screening for alcohol problems in primary care: a systematic review.Arch Intern Med. 2004; 160: 1977-1989
- The revised Conflict Tactics Scales (CTS2): development and preliminary psychometric data.J Fam Issues. 1996; 17: 283-316
- The Home Inventory: review and reflections.Adv Child Dev Behav. 1994; 25: 241-288
- The Home Observation for Measurement of the Environment (HOME) Inventory: the derivation of conceptually designed subscales.Parent Sci Pract. 2004; 4: 99-114
- The relation between behavior problems and peer preference in different classroom contexts.Child Dev. 1999; 70: 169-182
- The distal impact of two first grade preventive interventions on conduct problems and disorder in early adolescence.J Emot Behav Disord. 2001; 9: 146-160
Hopkins, W.G. A new view of statistics. Available at: http://www.sportsci.org/resource/stats/logtrans.html. Accessed July 29, 2010.
- Testing equivalence of mediating models of income, parenting, and school readiness for white, black, and Hispanic children in a national sample.Child Dev. 2007; 78: 96-115
- Family processes as pathways from income to young children’s development.Dev Psychol. 2002; 38: 719-734
- The development and dissemination of the Triple P-Positive Parenting Program: a multilevel, evidence-based system of parenting and family support.Prev Sci. 2002; 3: 173-189
- Readiness for Kindergarten: Parent and Teacher Beliefs.National Center for Education Statistics, Washington, DC1995 (Report NCES 93-257)
- Guidance for effective discipline.Pediatrics. 1998; 101: 723-728
- Overview of the content of health supervision for young children: reports from parents and pediatricians.Pediatrics. 2004; 113: 1907-1916
Paradis H, Montes G, Szilagyi P. A national perspective on parents knowledge of child development, its relation to parent-child interaction, and associated parenting characteristics. Presented at: Pediatric Academic Societies, May 4, 2008. Honolulu, Hawaii. 2008.
- Gaps in the evidence for well-child care: a challenge to our profession.Pediatrics. 2004; 114: 1511-1521
- The impact of a clinic-based literacy intervention on language development in inner-city preschool children.Pediatrics. 2001; 107: 130-134
- The contribution of parenting to ethnic and racial gaps in school readiness.Future Child. 2005; 15: 139-168
- Brief approaches to educating patients and parents in primary care.Pediatrics. 1998; 101: E10
- A practice-based intervention to enhance quality of care in the first 3 years of life: the Healthy Steps for Young Children Program.JAMA. 2003; 290: 3081-3091