Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act of 1989 - Social Security Act SEC. 501. [42 U.S.C. 701] (a) (C) (D) (2) [ 673 (3)].
Education of the Handicapped Act Amendments of 1986. PL 99-457. (October 8, 1986). Title 20, U.S.C. 1400 et seq: U.S. Statutes at Large, 100, 1145–1177.
The Comprehensive Community Mental Health Services Program for Children and Their Families. 1992. Public Health Services Act, Title V, Part E, Section 561, Public Law 102–321, 42 U.S.C.
- Achieving family and provider partnerships for children with special health care needs.Pediatrics. 2006; 118: 1607-1615
- Guide to Using the Family-Centered Care Self-Assessment Tool.Family Voices, Inc, Albuquerque, NM2008
- Partnering with Patients and Families to Design a Patient and Family Centered Health Care System: Recommendations and Promising Practices.Institute for Family-Centered Care, Bethesda, Md2008
American Academy of Pediatrics, American Academy of Family Physicians, American College of Physicians, American Osteopathic Association. Joint Principles of the Patient-Centered Medical Home. Available at: http://www.medicalhomeinfo.org/downloads/pdfs/jointstatement.pdf. Accessed September 30, 2009.
- Genetic counseling, insurance status, and elements of medical home: analysis of the National Survey of Children with Special Health Care Needs.Matern Child Health J. 2007; 11: 559-567
Pawlson LG, Bagley B, Barr M, et al. Patient-centered medical home from vision to reality. Available at: http://pcpcc.net/content/pcmh-vision-reality. Accessed September 30, 2009.
National Committee for Quality Assurance. Physician practice connections–patient-centered medical home. Available at: http://www.ncqa.org/tabid/631/Default.aspx. Accessed September 30, 2009.
- Closing the divide: how medical homes promote equity in health care: results from The Commonwealth Fund 2006 Health Care Quality Survey.The Commonwealth Fund, New York2007
- Institute of Medicine: Committee on Quality of Health Care in America. Crossing the Quality Chasm: A New Health System for the 21st Century.National Academy Press, Washington, DC2001
- Implementing community-based systems of services for children and youths with special health care needs: how well are we doing?.Pediatrics. 2004; 113: 1538-1544
- The National Survey of Children with Special Health Care Needs.Ambul Pediatr. 2002; 2: 29-37
- The National Survey of Children with Special Health Care Needs Chartbook 2005–2006.U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Rockville, Md2007
- Progress toward Implementing Community-Based Services for Children with Special Health Care Needs: Summary Tables from the National Survey of Children with Special Health Care Needs, 2001.U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Hyattsville, Md2003
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Health Resources and Services Administration. Strategic plan: vision, mission, goals, sub-goals, and guiding principles. Available at: http://www.hrsa.gov/about/strategicplan.html. Accessed July 19, 2010.
- Implementing and using quality measures for children's health care: perspective on the state of the practice.Pediatrics. 2004; 113: 217-227
- Design and operation of the National Survey of Children with Special Health Care Needs, 2001.Vital Health Stat. 2003; 1
- Design and operation of the National Survey of Children with Special Health Care Needs, 2005–2006.Vital Health Stat. 2008; 1: 1-188
- A new definition of children with special health care needs.Pediatrics. 1998; 102: 137-140
- Identifying children with special health care needs: development and evaluation of a short screening tool.Ambul Pediatr. 2002; 2: 38-48
- National health surveys and the behavioral model of health services use.Med Care. 2008; 46: 647-653
- Geographic disparities in access to the medical home among US CSHCN.Pediatrics. 2009; 124: S352-S360
- Shared decision-making in school-age children with asthma.Pediatr Nurs. 2007; 33: 111-116
- Toward family-centered inpatient medical care: the role of parents as participants in medical decisions.J Pediatr. 2007; 151: 690-695
- A simple approach to improving satisfaction.Clin Pediatr. 2005; 44: 797-800
- State of Health Care Quality 2007.National Committee for Quality Assurance, Washington, DC2007
- Family-Centered Care for Children with Special Health Care Needs.Association for the Care of Children's Health, Bethesda, Md1989
- Campaign 87–Commitment to a Family-Centered, Coordinated Care for Children with Special Health Care Needs. Publication No. HRS/D/MC 87–2.U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Hyattsville, Md1987
- Barriers and facilitators to implementing shared decision-making in clinical practice: a systematic review of health professionals' perceptions.Implement Sci. 2006; 1: 1-16
The views in this article are those of the authors and not necessarily those of the Health Resources and Services Administration of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.