Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Resident Duty Hours: Enhancing Sleep, Supervision, and Safety.National Academy of Sciences, Washington, DC2009
- Proposed Standards.(Available at:)Accessed September 1, 2010)
- The new recommendations on duty hours from the ACGME task force.N Engl J Med. 2010; E3: 1-6
- Available at:)Accessed September 4, 2010) (
- New requirements for resident duty hours.J Am Med Assoc. 2002; 288: 1112-1114
- Planning for change: medical education program design, patient care, and measures of effectiveness.Acad Pediatr. 2009; 9: 67-68
- Understanding medical error and improving patient safety in the inpatient setting.Med Clin North Am. 2002; 86: 847-867
- The impact of a regulation restricting medical housestaff working hours on the quality of patient care.JAMA. 1993; 269: 374-378
- The impact of a night float system on internal medicine programs.Int J Gen Med. 1993; 269: 374-378
- The Reflective Practitioner. How Professionals Think in Action.Temple Smith, London1983
- Promoting reflection on professionalism: acomparison trial of educational interventions for medical students.Acad Med. 2003; 78: 742-747
- Lost in translation: challenges and opportunities in physician-to-physician communication during patient handoffs.Acad Med. 2005; 80: 1094-1099
- Patient handoffs: the pitfalls and solutions of transferring patients safely from one caregiver to another.Hosp Health Netw. 2008; 82: 41-48
- A structured handoff program for interns.Acad Med. 2009; 84: 347-352
- Adequacy of information transferred at resident sign-out (inhospital handover of care): a prospective survey.Qual Saf Health Care. 2008; 17: 6-10
Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education. Proposed Common Requirements. Available at: http://acgme-2010standards.org/pdf/Proposed_Standards.pdf. Accessed September 11, 2010. Requirement: VI.B.1.
- Resident Duty Hours: Enhancing Sleep, Supervision, and Safety.National Academy of Sciences, Washington, DC2009 (296)
- Letter to program directors, designated officials, members of the faculty, residents, and fellows.(Available at:)Accessed September 9, 2010)