Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Anticipatory guidance in pediatric practice.Pediatrics. 1980; 66: 889-892
- Bright Futures: Guidelines for Health Supervision of Infants, Children, and Adolescents.3rd ed. American Academy of Pediatrics, Elk Grove Village, Ill2008
- Measuring the quality of preventive and developmental services for young children: national estimates and patterns of clinicians’ performance.Pediatrics. 2004; 113: 1973-1983
- Anticipatory guidance: what information do parents receive? What information do they want?.Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med. 2000; 154: 1191-1198
- What do pediatric primary care providers think are important research questions? A perspective from PROS providers.Ambul Pediatr. 2006; 6: 352-355
- Rethinking well-child care.Pediatrics. 2004; 114: 210-216
- Improving pediatric preventive care.Acad Pediatr. 2009; 9: 133-135
Glascoe FP, Oberklaid F, Dworkin PH, et al. Brief approaches to educating patients and parents in primary care. Pediatrics. Jun; 101:E10.
- A High-Performing System for Well-Child Care: A Vision for the Future.The Commonwealth Fund, New York NYOctober 2006
- Health promotion using television in hospital waiting rooms: the Adelaide Children’s Parent Education Project.J Paediatr Child Health. 1995; 31: 523-526
- Randomised controlled trial of a parenting intervention in the voluntary sector for reducing child conduct problems: outcomes and mechanisms of change.J Child Psychol Psychiatry. 2006; 47: 1123-1132
- A multimedia program helps parents manage childhood aggression.Clin Pediatr (Phila). 2006; 45: 835-840
- Use of a preanesthetic video for facilitation of parental education and anxiolysis before pediatric ambulatory surgery.Anesth Analg. 1999; 88: 246-250
- Assessment of a pilot video’s effect on physical activity and heart health for young children.Fam Community Health. 2002; 25: 10-17
- Knowledge of Infant Development Inventory (KIDI).University of North Carolina, Department of Psychology, 1981
- Infant care self-efficacy.Sch Inq Nurs Pract. 1989; 3: 199-211
- Measurement Tools in Patient Education.Springer, New York1998
- Mothers’ perceptions of problem-solving competence for infant care.West J Nurs Res. 1991; 13: 164-176
- Detection of postnatal depression. Development of the 10-item Edinburgh Postnatal Depression Scale.Br J Psychiatry. 1987; 150: 782-786
- Changes in maternal depressive symptoms across the postpartum year at well child care visits.Ambul Pediatr. 2006; 6: 221-224
- A randomized, controlled trial of a behavioral intervention to reduce crying among infants.J Am Board Fam Med. 2010; 23: 315-322
- Parents view a brief violence prevention program in clinic.Clin Pediatr (Phila). 2007; 46: 724-734
- Voluntary or required viewing of a violence prevention program in pediatric primary care.Clin Pediatr (Phila). 2008; 47: 461-468
- Transition to motherhood: a longitudinal study.Infant Mental Health Journal. 1987; 8: 251-265
- First-time mothers’ and fathers’ transition to parenthood: infant care self-efficacy, parenting satisfaction, and infant sex.Issues Compr Pediatr Nurs. 2001; 24: 31-43
- A randomized trial of practice-based education to improve delivery systems for anticipatory guidance.Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med. 2005; 159: 456-463
Paradis HA, Montes G, Szilagyi PG. A national perspective on parents’ knowledge of child development, its relation to parent-child interaction, and associated parenting characteristics [abstract]. Presented at: Pediatric Academic Societies Meetings; May 4, 2008; Honolulu, Hawaii.
The authors have no conflicts of interest to disclose.