Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Haggerty R, Szilagyi P. Academic Pediatric Association Oral History Project interview. Conducted December 19, 2007.
Charney E, Cheng T. Academic Pediatric Association Oral History Project interview. Conducted October 10, 2008.
- History of the Ambulatory Pediatric Association. The early years.in: 30th Anniversary: The Ambulatory Pediatric Association: Its History and the Collection of the George Armstrong Lectureships (1960–1990). Ambulatory Pediatric Association, McLean, Va1990: 3-14
- The Ambulatory Pediatric Association—historical notes.Adv Pediatr. 1973; 20: 5-8
- The history of the Ambulatory Pediatric Association: 30 years of reflection and growth.in: 30th Anniversary: The Ambulatory Pediatric Association: Its History and the Collection of the George Armstrong Lectureships (1960–1990). Ambulatory Pediatric Association, McLean, Va1990: 15-27
- The Ambulatory Pediatric Association.Pediatrics. 1995; 95: 422-426
- An APA tradition: the APA debate.in: APA 50th Anniversary Tribute Book. Academic Pediatric Association, McLean, Va2010: 27-28
Lobach K, Laraque D. Academic Pediatric Association Oral History Project interview. Conducted June 11, 2009.
- APA/HRSA Faculty Development Scholars Program.Ambul Pediatr. 2004; 4: 83-128
APA Educational Scholars Program. Available at: http://www.academicpeds.org/education/education_scholars_program.cfm. Accessed November 13, 2010.
Academic Pediatric Association New Century Scholars Program. Available at: http://www.academicpeds.org/events/new_century_scholars.cfm. Accessed November 4, 2010.
Miller-Sarkin Mentoring Award. Available at: http://www.academicpeds.org/aboutUs/about_awards_millersarkin.cfm. Accessed November 15, 2010.
Educational Guidelines for Pediatric Residency. Available at: http://www.academicpeds.org/education/education_guidelines.cfm. Accessed November 4, 2010.
- One specialty’s approach to competency-based education: collaborative development of customizable curricular tools.Acad Med. 2009; 84: 1262-1268
- Use of an interactive, online resource for competency-based curriculum development.Acad Med. 2009; 84: 1269-1275
- Serving the underserved. Impact on resident education.Am J Dis Child. 1991; 145: 544-545
- Pediatric residency education in community settings.Pediatrics. 1996; 98: 1249-1301
- Academic general pediatric fellowships: curriculum design and educational goals and objectives.Ambul Pediatr. 2007; 7: 328-339
- Strengthening the academic base of general pediatrics fellowship programs: a national program and curriculum development project.Ambul Pediatr. 2007; 7: 340-347
- Boyer’s expanded definitions of scholarship, the standards for assessing scholarship, and the elusiveness of the scholarship of teaching.Acad Med. 2000; 75: 877-880
Gusic ME, Chandran L, Balmer DF, et al. Educator portfolio template of the Pediatric Academic Societies’ Educational Scholars Program. Available at: http://www.academicpeds.org/education/educator_portfolio_template.cfm. Accessed August 8, 2010.
- The APA and the rise of pediatric generalist network research.Acad Pediatr. 2011; 11: 195-205
- The Education of Physicians for Primary Care.US Dept of Health, Education, and Welfare, Rockville, Md1973 (DHEW publication (HRA) 74-3113)
- The Future of Pediatric Education.American Academy of Pediatrics, Evanston, Ill1979
- The future of pediatric education II: organizing pediatric education to meet the needs of infants, children, adolescents, and young adults in the 21st century.Pediatrics. 2000; 105: 163-212
- Residency review and redesign in pediatrics: new (and old) questions.Pediatrics. 2009; 123: S1-S60
- View from the Association of Pediatric Program Directors (APPD).Acad Pediatr. 2009; 9: 3
- Presidential address, 1974–1975. Ambulatory pediatrics: some challenges for the future.in: Shelov S. Berkowitz C. Ambulatory Pediatric Association Presidential Addresses, 1963–2001. Ambulatory Pediatric Association, McLean, Va2001: 23-27
- The role of Title VII funding in academic general pediatrics fellowships and leadership.Acad Med. 2008; 83: 1103-1106
- Health reform, primary care, and graduate medical education.N Engl J Med. 2010; 363: 584-590
- The pediatrics milestones: conceptual framework, guiding principles, and approach to development.J Grad Med Ed. 2010; 2: 410-418
Initiative for innovation in pediatric education. Available at: http://www.innovatepedsgme.org. Accessed November 4, 2010.
- 2009 Joseph W. St Geme Jr Leadership Award address. The whole and the sum of its parts.Pediatrics. 2010; 125: 173-177
- It’s not rocket science: rethinking our metaphors for research in health professions education.Med Educ. 2010; 44: 31-39
The author has no conflicts of interest to disclose.