Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Final report of the FOPE II Pediatric Generalists of the Future Workgroup.Pediatrics. 2000; 106: 1199-1223
- Training of pediatricians in care of physical disabilities in children with special health care needs: results of a two-state survey of practicing pediatricians and national resident training programs.Pediatrics. 2000; 105: 554-561
- Committee on Children with Disabilities. Pediatric services for infants and children with special needs.Pediatrics. 1993; 92: 163-165
U.S. Department of Education. Available at: http://www2.ed.gov/about/reports/annual/osep/2005/parts-b-c/27th-vol-1.pdf. Accessed February 7, 2011.
American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009, Pub L No. 111–5, 123 Stat 182. Available at: http://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/PLAW-111publ5/html/PLAW-111publ5.htm. Accessed February 7, 2011.
U.S. Department of Education. American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009: IDEA recovery funds for services to children and youth with disabilities. Available at: http://www.ed.gov/policy/gen/leg/recovery/factsheet/idea.html. Accessed November 25, 2009.
- Tales from school trenches: AAC service-delivery and professional expertise.Semin Speech Lang. 2008; 29: 146-154
- A population approach to understanding children’s access to assistive technology.Disabil Rehabil. 2009; 31: 582-592
- A national study of commercial health insurance and Medicaid definitions of medical necessity: what do they mean for children?.Ambul Pediatr. 2001; 1: 16-22
- Financial burden of health care, 2001–2004.Health Aff. 2008; 27: 188-195
- Access to the medical home: results of the National Survey of Children with Special Health Care Needs.Pediatrics. 2004; 113: 1485-1492
- Genetic counseling, insurance status, and elements of medical home: analysis of the National Survey of Children with Special Health Care Needs.Matern Child Health J. 2007; 11: 559-567
- Quality medical homes: meeting children’s needs for therapeutic and supportive services.Pediatrics. 2008; 121: e127-e134
- Design and operation of the national survey of children with special health care needs, 2005–2006.Vital Health Stat 1. 2008; : 1-188
- Identifying children with special health care needs: development and evaluation of a short screening tool.Ambul Pediatr. 2002; 2: 38-48
- A review of the evidence for the medical home for children with special health care needs.Pediatrics. 2008; 122: e922-e937
- The influence of health insurance on parent’s report of children’s unmet mental health needs.Matern Child Health J. 2009; 13: 176-186
- Children in special education programs: attention deficit hyperactivity disorder, use of services, and unmet needs.Am J Public Health. 1998; 88: 880-886
- Medical home for children with hearing loss: physician perspectives and practices.Pediatrics. 2007; 120: 288-294
- More training needed in chronic care: a survey of US physicians.Acad Med. 2004; 79: 541-548
- The family-centered medical home: specific considerations for child health research and policy.Acad Pediatr. 2010; 10: 211-217
- Policy versus practice: comparison of prescribing therapy and durable medical equipment in medical and educational settings.Pediatrics. 2004; 114: e612-e625
- Access to the medical home: new findings from the 2005–2006 National Survey of Children with Special Health Care Needs.Pediatrics. 2009; 123: e996-e1004
- The patient-centered medical home: will it stand the test of health reform?.JAMA. 2009; 301: 2038-2040
- A longitudinal study of a pediatric practice-based versus an agency-based model of care coordination for children and youth with special health care needs.Matern Child Health J. 2009; 13: 667-676
- Which sources of child health advice do parents follow?.Clin Pediatr. 2011; 50: 50-56
- Parents’ trust in their child’s physician using an adapted Trust in Physician scale.Ambul Pediatr. 2006; 6: 58-61
- Care coordination for children and youth with special health care needs: a descriptive, multi-site study of activities, personnel costs, and outcomes.Pediatrics. 2008; 122: e209-e216
- Medical homes for at-risk children: parental reports of clinician-parent relationships, anticipatory guidance, and behavior changes.Pediatrics. 2005; 115: 48-56
- From concept to application: the impact of a community-wide intervention to improve the delivery of preventive services to children.Pediatrics. 2001; 108: e42
- Coordination of care for children with special health care needs.Curr Opin Pediatr. 2004; 16: 700-705
- Designing Vermont’s pay-for-population health system.Prev Chronic Dis. 2010; 7: A122
- Prevalence and natural history of primary speech and language delay: findings from a systematic review of the literature.Int J Lang Commun Disord. 2000; 35: 165-188
- Literature review. The epidemiology of hearing impairment in the United States: newborns, children, and adolescents.Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg. 2009; 140: 461-472
- The Pediatric Alliance for Coordinated Care: evaluation of a medical home model.Pediatrics. 2004; 113: 1507-1516
The views in this article are those of the authors and not necessarily those of the Health Resources and Services Administration of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services.