Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Global health training for pediatric residents.Pediatr Ann. 2008; 37 (792–6): 786-787
Committee on the U.S. Commitment to Global Health, Institute of Medicine. The U.S. Commitment to Global Health: Recommendations for the Public and Private Sectors. Washington, DC: The National Academies Press; 2009. Available at: http://books.nap.edu/catalog/12642.html. Accessed February 4, 2011.
- Global, regional, and national causes of child mortality in 2008: a systematic analysis.Lancet. 2010; 375: 1969-1987
- Developmental potential in the first five years for children in developing countries.Lancet. 2007; 369: 60-70
Partners in Health. Child health. Available at http://www.pih.org/pages/child-health/. Accessed January 11, 2011.
- International child health electives for pediatric residents.Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med. 1999; 153: 1297-1302
- Global health training in pediatric residency programs.Pediatrics. 2008; 122: 28-33
Laraque D, Mendoza F, Dreyer B, et al. Cross cultural and linguistic appropriate care: pediatric residents preparedness. Pediatric Academic Societies Annual Meeting, Vancouver, BC, Canada, 2010; 1497.567.
- The International Health Program: the fifteen-year experience with Yale University’s internal medicine residency program.Am J Trop Med Hyg. 1999; 61: 1019-1023
- International health and internal medicine residency training: The Duke University experience.Am J Med. 1995; 99: 291-297
- Influence of international emergency medicine opportunities on residency program selection.Acad Emerg Med. 2002; 9: 679-683
- A successful international child health elective.Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med. 2006; 160: 191-196
- Global health training and international clinical rotations during residency: current status, needs, and opportunities.Acad Med. 2009; 84: 320-325
Association of American Medical Colleges. 2010 GQ Medical School Graduation Questionnaire. Available at: https://www.aamc.org/download/140716/data/2010_gq_all_schools.pdf. Accessed February 14, 2011.
- Educational effects of international health electives on U.S. and Canadian medical students and residents: a literature review.Acad Med. 2003; 78: 342-347
- Teaching international health issues to medical students.Med Educ. 2001; 35: 806-810
Anspacher M, Denno D, Pak-Gorstein S, et al. National survey of pediatric resident training in global health. Pediatric Academic Societies Annual Meeting, Vancouver, BC, Canada, 2010; 2839.98.
Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education. ACGME Pediatric Program Requirements for Graduate Medical Education in Pediatrics. Available at: http://www.acgme.org/acWebsite/downloads/RRC_progReq/320_pediatrics_07012007.pdf. Accessed January 1, 2011.
- I found myself to be a down to earth Dutch girl: a qualitative study into learning outcomes from international traineeships.Med Educ. 2004; 38: 749-757
- Effectiveness of an international health elective as measured by NBME Part II.J Med Educ. 1976; 51: 468-472
- New world views: preparing physicians in training for global health week.Fam Med. 2000; 32: 566-572
- The educational effect of clinical rotations in nonindustrialized countries.Fam Med. 1994; 26: 226-231
- International health training. The Tulane Experience.Infect Dis Clin North Am. 1995; 9: 439-443
- A core curriculum for international health: evaluating ten years’ experience at the University of Arizona.Acad Med. 1992; 67: 90-94
- The effect of medical students’ international experiences on attitudes toward serving underserved multicultural populations.Fam Med. 2003; 35: 273-278
- Career influence on an international health experience during medical school.Fam Med. 2004; 36: 412-416
Evert J, Stewart C, Chan K, et al. Developing Residency Training in Global Health: A Guidebook. San Francisco, Calif: Global Health Education Consortium; 2008. Available at: http://globalhealthedu.org/PublicDocs/GHEC20Residency20Guidebook.pdf. Accessed February 1, 2010.
- Development of a competency-based curriculum in global child health.Acad Med. 2011; 86: 521-528
- Understanding global health issues: are international medical electives the answer?.Med Educ. 2004; 38: 688-690
- Ethical considerations for short-term experiences by trainees in global health.JAMA. 2008; 300: 1456-1458
- Working Group on Ethics Guidelines for Global Health Training (WEIGHT).Am J Trop Med Hyg. 2010; 83: 1178-1182