Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Academic Pediatrics
- Influenzavirus infections in Seattle families, 1975–1979. I. Study design, methods and the occurrence of infections by time and age.Am J Epidemiol. 1982; 116: 212-227
- Interpandemic influenza in the Houston area, 1974–76.N Engl J Med. 1978; 298: 587-592
- Burden of influenza in children in the community.J Infect Dis. 2004; 190: 1369-1373
- Acute respiratory illness in the community. Frequency of illness and the agents involved.Epidemiol Infect. 1993; 110: 145-160
- The effect of influenza on hospitalizations, outpatient visits, and courses of antibiotics in children.N Engl J Med. 2000; 342: 225-231
- Illness among schoolchildren during influenza season: effect on school absenteeism, parental absenteeism from work, and secondary illness in families.Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med. 2002; 156: 986-991
- Influenza immunization of schoolchildren: can we interrupt community epidemics?.Pediatrics. 1999; 103: 1280-1282
- Population-wide benefits of routine vaccination of children against influenza.Vaccine. 2005; 23: 1284-1293
- Prevention and control of influenza: recommendations of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP), 2008.MMWR Recomm Rep. 2008; 57: 1-60
- Additional visit burden for universal influenza vaccination of US school-aged children and adolescents.Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med. 2008; 162: 1048-1055
- Impact of a severe influenza vaccine shortage on primary care practice.Am J Prev Med. 2007; 33: 486-491
- Late season influenza vaccination: a national survey of physician practice and barriers.Am J Prev Med. 2010; 39: 69-73
- Impact of the 2004–2005 influenza vaccine shortage on pediatric practice: a national survey.Pediatrics. 2009; 123: e186-e192
- A qualitative study of physicians’ experiences ordering and receiving influenza vaccine during the 2005–2006 influenza season.Prev Med. 2008; 47: 225-228
National Influenza Vaccine Summit, April 2007. Meeting minutes. Available at: http://www.preventinfluenza.org/summits/2007/meeting_minutes07.pdf. Accessed September 22, 2010.
- Pharmacist involvement with immunizations: a decade of professional advancement.J Am Pharm Assoc. 2006; 46: 168-179
- Where adults reported receiving influenza vaccination in the United States.Am J Infect Control. 2005; 33: 563-570
- Expanding the delivery of clinical preventive services through community collaboration: the SPARC model.Prev Chronic Dis. 2008; 5: A20
- Launching a community-wide flu vaccination plan.Fam Pract Manag. 2008; 15: 19-22
- “McFlu.” The Monroe County, New York, Medicare vaccine demonstration.Am J Prev Med. 1999; 16: 118-127
- A coordinated, communitywide program in Monroe County, New York, to increase influenza immunization rates in the elderly.Arch Intern Med. 1994; 154: 1741-1745
- Sentinel physician networks as a technique for rapid immunization policy surveys.Eval Health Prof. 2008; 31: 43-64
- The Practice of Social Research.4th ed. Wadsworth, Belmont, Calif1986
- Comparison of e-mail, fax, and postal surveys of pediatricians.Pediatrics. 2003; 111: e299-e303
- Lessons learned: role of influenza vaccine production, distribution, supply, and demand—what it means for the provider.Am J Med. 2008; 121: S22-S27
- Cost of universal influenza vaccination of children in pediatric practices.Pediatrics. 2009; 124: S499-S506
- Getting under the hood: exploring issues that affect provider-based recall using an immunization information system.Acad Pediatr. 2011; 11: 44-49
- Adoption of reminder and recall messages for immunizations by pediatricians and public health clinics.Pediatrics. 2003; 112: 1076-1082
- The daunting practicalities of in-office pediatric influenza vaccination, 2009–2010.Pediatr Ann. 2009; 38: 655-660
- Influenza vaccination coverage among children with asthma—United States, 2004–05 influenza season.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2007; 56: 193-196
- At what sites are parents willing to have their 11 through 14-year-old adolescents immunized?.Vaccine. 2010; 28: 2674-2678
Kelminson K, Saville A, Seewald L, et al. Parental views of school-based vaccine delivery. Paper presented at: 44th National Immunization Conference; April 19–22, 2010; Atlanta, Ga. Abstract available at: http://cdc.confex.com/cdc/nic2010/webprogram/Paper22612.html. Accessed August 4, 2011.
- Adolescent immunization practices: a national survey of US physicians.Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med. 2001; 155: 566-571
- Parental attitudes about influenza immunization and school-based immunization for school-aged children.Pediatr Infect Dis J. 2010; 29: 751-755
- Mass distribution of free, intranasally administered influenza vaccine in a public school system.Pediatrics. 2007; 120: e172-e178
- Statewide school-located influenza vaccination program for children 5–13 years of age, Hawaii, USA.Emerg Infect Dis. 2010; 16: 244-250
- School-based influenza immunization.Vaccine. 2008; 26: 4312-4313
- Effectiveness of school-based influenza vaccination.N Engl J Med. 2006; 355: 2523-2532
- School-based influenza vaccine delivery, vaccination rates, and healthcare use in the context of a universal influenza immunization program: an ecological study.Vaccine. 2010; 28: 2722-2729
- Impact of a school-based influenza immunization program on disease burden: comparison of two Tennessee counties.Vaccine. 2009; 27: 2695-2700
- Effect of influenza vaccination of children on infection rates in Hutterite communities: a randomized trial.JAMA. 2010; 303: 943-950
- Universal influenza vaccination and live attenuated influenza vaccination of children.Pediatr Infect Dis J. 2008; 27: S104-S109
- Community interventions and the epidemic prevention potential.Vaccine. 2002; 20: 3254-3262
- Strategy for distribution of influenza vaccine to high-risk groups and children.Am J Epidemiol. 2005; 161: 303-306
- Strategies for pandemic and seasonal influenza vaccination of schoolchildren in the United States.Am J Epidemiol. 2009; 170: 679-686
- Optimizing influenza vaccine distribution.Science. 2009; 325: 1705-1708
- Universal vaccination of children against influenza: are there indirect benefits to the community? A systematic review of the evidence.Vaccine. 2006; 24: 1047-1062
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Results from the November 2010 Rapid Flu Survey—United States, 2010–11 influenza season. 2011. Available at: http://www.cdc.gov/flu/pdf/vaccination/rapidflusurvey.pdf. Accessed January 10, 2011.
- Herd immunity in adults against influenza-related illnesses with use of the trivalent-live attenuated influenza vaccine (CAIV-T) in children.Vaccine. 2005; 23: 1540-1548
- Modification of an outbreak of influenza in Tecumseh, Michigan by vaccination of schoolchildren.J Infect Dis. 1970; 122: 16-25
- Benefits and costs of immunizing children against influenza at school: an economic analysis based on a large-cluster controlled clinical trial.Health Aff (Millwood). 2008; 27: w96-w104
- Universal influenza vaccination in the United States: are we ready? Report of a meeting.J Infect Dis. 2006; 194: S147-S154
National Influenza Vaccine Summit, June 2006. Meeting minutes. Available at: http://www.ama-ssn.org/resources/doc/infectious-disease/2006_summit_minutes.pdf. Accessed August 10, 2011.
- Influenza vaccine supply, 2005–2006: did we come up short? BMC.Health Serv Res. 2007; 7: 66
- Updated recommendations from the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices in response to delays in supply of influenza vaccine for the 2000–01 season.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2000; 49: 888-892
- Delayed influenza vaccine availability for 2001–02 season and supplemental recommendations of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2001; 50: 582-585
- Interim influenza vaccination recommendations, 2004–2005 influenza season.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2004; 53: 923-924
National Influenza Vaccine Summit, June 2009. Meeting minutes. Available at: http://www.preventinfluenza.org/NIVS_2009/summit_minutes.pdf. Accessed September 1, 2010.
- Regional influenza A (H1N1) 2009 monovalent vaccination campaign—Skokie, Illinois, October 16–December 31, 2009.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2010; 59: 909-913
The authors have no conflicts of interest to disclose.