Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Preventing tetanus, diphtheria, and pertussis among adults: use of tetanus toxoid, reduced diphtheria toxoid and acellular pertussis vaccine recommendations of the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) and recommendation of ACIP, supported by the Healthcare Infection Control Practices Advisory Committee (HICPAC), for use of Tdap among health-care personnel.MMWR Recomm Rep. 2006; 55: 1-37
- Tetanus and pertussis vaccination coverage among adults aged >/= 18 years—United States, 1999 and 2008.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2010; 59: 1302-1306
- Increase in deaths from pertussis among young infants in the United States in the 1990s.Pediatr Infect Dis J. 2003; 22: 628-634
- Trends in Pertussis among Infants in the United States, 1980-1999.JAMA. 2003; 290: 2968-2975
- Duration of effectiveness of pertussis vaccine: evidence from a 10 year community study.Br Med J (Clin Res Ed). 1988; 296: 612-614
- Duration of immunity against pertussis after natural infection or vaccination.Pediatr Infect Dis J. 2005; 24: S58-S61
- Administration of tetanus, diphtheria, and acellular pertussis vaccine to parents of high-risk infants in the neonatal intensive care unit.Pediatrics. 2008; 122: e550-e555
- Pertussis immunization in a high-risk postpartum population.Vaccine. 2009; 27: 5599-5602
- Pertussis and patient safety: implementing Tdap vaccine recommendations in hospitals.Jt Comm J Qual Patient Saf. 2010; 36: 173-178
- Implementation of cocooning against pertussis in a high-risk population.Clin Infect Dis. 2011; 52: 157-162
- Cocooning Infants: Tdap Immunization for New Parents in the Pediatric Office.Acad Pediatr. 2009; 9: 344-347
- Community-Based Participatory Research for Health.2nd ed. Jossey-Bass, San Francisco2008
- The Risk of Determining Risk with Multivariable Models.Ann Intern Med. 1993; 118: 201
- NHIS Data By Year-2009 Td/Tdap.(Available at:)Accessed November 7, 2011)
Westra TA, de Vries R, Tamminga JJ, et al. Cost-effectiveness analysis of various pertussis vaccination strategies primarily aimed at protecting infants in the Netherlands. Clin Ther.32:1479–1495.
- Transmission of Bordetella pertussis to young infants.Pediatr Infect Dis J. 2007; 26: 293-299
- Updated Recommendations for Use of Tetanus Toxoid, Reduced Diphtheria Toxoid and Acellular Pertussis Vaccine (Tdap) in Pregnant Women and Persons Who Have or Anticipate Having Close Contact with an Infant Aged <12 Months—Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP), 2011.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2011; 60: 1424-1426
- Updated recommendations for use of tetanus toxoid, reduced diphtheria toxoid and acellular pertussis (Tdap) vaccine from the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices, 2010.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2011; 60: 13-15
- Progress in immunization information systems - United States, 2008.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2010; 59: 133-135
- Have you had a tetanus booster in the last 10 years? Sensitivity and specificity of the question.Patient Educ Couns. 2008; 70: 403-406
- Safety of Tdap-IPV given one month after Td-IPV booster in healthy young adults: a placebo-controlled trial.Hum Vaccin. 2009; 5: 315-321
- The safety of immunizing with tetanus-diphtheria-acellular pertussis vaccine (Tdap) less than 2 years following previous tetanus vaccination: Experience during a mass vaccination campaign of healthcare personnel during a respiratory illness outbreak.Vaccine. 2010; 28: 8001-8007
- Kaiser Family Foundation: Summary of New Health Reform Law.(Available at:)http://www.kff.org/healthreform/8061.cfm(Accessed March 16, 2010)Date: 2010
The authors have no conflicts of interest to disclose.