Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Preterm birth rates in the United States, 1997–2007. March of Dimes. Peristats. Available at http://www.marchofdimes.com/peristats/level1.aspx?reg=99&slev=1&top=3&stop=60&obj=1&lev=1&dv=cg. Accessed March 16, 2007.
- Board on Health Sciences Policy, Committee on Understanding Premature Birth and Assuring Healthy Outcomes, Institute of Medicine of the Academies. Neurodevelopmental, health, and family outcomes for infants born preterm.in: Behrman R.E. Butler A.S. Preterm Birth: Causes, Consequences, and Prevention. The National Academies Press, Washington, DC2006: 346-397
- Longitudinal outcomes of very low birthweight: neuropsychological findings.J Int Neuropsychol Soc. 2004; 10: 149-163
- Early developmental intervention programs post hospital discharge to prevent motor and cognitive impairments in preterm infants.Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews. 2007; (Issue 2. Art. No.: CD005495.)
PL 108–446. Individuals with Disabilities Education Act, Reauthorization 2004. Available at: http://www.copyright.gov/legislation/pl108–446.pdf. Accessed November 28, 2011.
- A framework for describing variation in state early intervention systems.Top Early Child Spec Educ. 2000; 20: 195-207
- Pathways of risk and resilience after prematurity: role of socio-economic status.in: Nosarti C. Murray R.M. Hack M. Neurodevelopmental Outcomes of Preterm Birth. University Press, Cambridge, UK2010: 224-236
- A life course approach to chronic disease epidemiology: conceptual models, empirical challenges and interdisciplinary perspectives.Int J Epidemiol. 2002; 31: 285-293
- Transactional regulation: the developmental ecology of early intervention.in: Shonkoff J.P. Meisels S.J. Handbook of Early Childhood Intervention. 2nd ed. University Press, Cambridge, UK2000: 135-159
- Ordinary magic: resilience processes in development.Am Psychol. 2001; 56: 227-238
- Effectiveness of early intervention for vulnerable children: a developmental perspective.Am J Ment Retard. 1998; 102: 319-345
Infant and Toddlers Association (December, 2009) Part C Implementation: State Challenges and Responses. (Internet) IDEA Infant and Toddler Coordinators Association: Available at: http://www.ideainfanttoddler.org/pdf/09_Annual_Survey_Report-State_Challenges.pdf. Accessed November 28, 2011.
- A transactional model of sleep-wake regulation in infants born preterm or low birthweight.J Pediatr Psychol. 2009; 34: 837-849
- The development of effortful control in children born preterm.J Clin Child Adolesc Psychol. 2010; 39: 522-536
- Depressive symptoms in mothers of prematurely born infants.J Dev Behav Pediatr. 2007; 28: 36-44
- The contribution of neighborhood and family income to developmental test scored over the first three years of life.Child Dev. 1998; 69: 1420-1436
Bayley N. Manual for the Bayley Scales of Infant Development. 2nd ed. San Antonio, Tex: Psychological Corporation; 1993.
Roid G. Stanford-Binet Intelligence Scales. 5th ed. Itasca, Ill: Riverside Publishing; 2003.
- The effect of state early intervention (EI) eligibility on EI participation among children with special health care needs.Pediatrics. 2009; 124: S368-S374
- Prevalence of developmental delays and participation in early intervention services for young children.Pediatrics. 2008; 121: 1503-1509
- Using linked data to assess patterns of early intervention (EI) referral among very low birth weight infants.Matern Child Health J. 2008; 12: 24-33
- Maternal depressive symptoms and participation in early intervention services for young children.Matern Child Health J. 2010; (doi:10.1007/s10995-101-0715-3)
- The CES-D scale: a self-report depression scale for research in the general population.Appl Psychol Measure. 1977; 1: 385-401
- Anxiety and depression in mothers of low birth weight and very low birth weight infants: birth through 5 months.Issues Compr Pediatr Nurs. 1990; 13: 97-109
Squires J, Bricker D. Ages and Stages Questionnaire-Third edition (ASQ-3). Baltimore, Md: Brooke Publishing; 2009.
Ages and Stages Questionnaire-Third edition (ASQ-3). Minnesota Department of Human Services. Available at: http://www.health.state.mn.us/divs/fh/mch/devscrn/instr/asq.pdf. Accessed November 28, 2011.
- Effects of stress and social support on mothers and premature and full-term infants.Child Dev. 1983; 54: 209-217
McManus BM, Poehlmann J. Maternal depression and perceived social support as predictors of cognitive function trajectories during the first 3 years of life for preterm infants in Wisconsin. Child Care Health Dev. 2011. doi:10.1111/j.1365-2214.2011.01253.x.
- Practical problems 1; ethics, participant recruitment, and random assignment.in: Shadish W.R. Cook T.D. Campbell D.T. Experimental and Quasi-Experimental Designs for Generalized Causal Inference. Houghton Mifflin Company, Boston, Mass2002
- Propensity score matching for social epidemiology.in: Oakes J.M. Kaufman J.S. Methods in Social Epidemiology. John Wiley & Sons, San Francisco2006
- Transactional regulation: the developmental ecology of early intervention.in: Shonkoff J.P. Meisels S.J. Handbook of Early Childhood Intervention. 2nd ed. Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, UK2000: 135-159
- Reducing bias in a propensity score matched-pair sample using Greedy matching techniques.SUGI Paper. 2009; : 214-226
SAS v9.13, Copyright 2002–2003 by SAS Institute Inc., Cary, NC, USA.
- An Introduction to Latent Variable Growth Curve Modeling: Concepts, Issues, and Applications.Lawrence Erlbaum, Mahwah, NJ1999
- Cutoff criteria for fit indices in covariance structure analysis: conventional criteria versus new alternatives.Struct Equation Model. 1999; 6: 1-55
Muthen LK, Muthen BO. Mplus User’s Guide. 5th ed. Los Angeles, Calif: Muthen & Muthen; 1998–2007.
- Adaptive and maladaptive parenting: perspectives on risk and protective factors.in: Shonkoff J.P. Meisels S.J. Handbook of Early Childhood Interventions. University Press, Cambridge, UK2000: 54-75
- Supporting parents of at-risk infants.in: Nugent J.K. Petrauskas B. Brazelton T.B. The Newborn as a Person: Enabling Healthy Infant Development Worldwide. John Wiley and Sons, Hoboken, NJ2009: 51-59
- Family-based intervention to enhance infant-parent relationship in the neonatal intensive care unit.J Pediatr Psychol. 2005; 30: 667-677
- Family-centered service: a conceptual framework and Research Review.Phys Occup Ther Pediatr. 2000; 20: 59-79
- The influence of maternal and child characteristics and paternal support on interactions of mothers and their medically fragile infants.Res Nursing Health. 2007; 30: 17-30
- Agreement between CASA parent reports and provider records of children’s ADHD services.J Behavioral Health Services Res. 2003; 30: 462-469
- Validity of maternal report of acute health health care use for children younger than 3 years.Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med. 2005; 159: 167-172
- Concordance between parent reports of children’s mental health services and service records: The services assessment for children and adolescents (SACA).J Child Family Studies. 2000; 9: 315-331
- Validity of parental reporting of recent episodes of acute otitis media: a Slone Center Office-based Research (SCOR) Network study.J Am Board Family Med. 2007; 2: 160-163
- Predictors of children’s healthcare use: the value of child versus parental perspectives on healthcare needs.Med Care. 2004; 42: 232-238
- Improved survival rates with increased neurodevelopmental disabilities of extremely low birth weight infants in 1990’s.Pediatrics. 2005; 115: 997-1003
Johnson RC, Schoeni RF. The influence of early-life events on human capital, health status, and labor market outcomes over the lifecourse. National Center for Poverty Working Paper Series; 2007. Available at: http://npc.umich.edu/publications/u/working_paper05–07.pdf. Accessed November 28, 2011.
- Predictors of depressive symptom trajectories in mothers of preterm or low birth weight infants.Journal of Family Psychology. 2009; 23: 690-704