Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Subscribe:Subscribe to Academic Pediatrics
The Social Security Act § 1601 et. Seq., 42 U.S.C. § 1381 et. Seq. Compilation of the Social Security Laws Web site. Available at: http://www.ssa.gov/OP_Home/ssact/title16b/1601.htm. Accessed July 12, 2011.
Social Security Administration. SSI: History of Provisions. Public Law 92-603. Social Security Administration Web site. Available at: http://www.ssa.gov/history/pdf/ssi.pdf. Accessed July 25, 2011.
Social Security Administration. Disability Evaluation Under Social Security (Blue Book- September 2008). Available at: http://www.ssa.gov/disability/professionals/bluebook/general-info.htm. Accessed March 6, 2012.
Social Security Administration. Annual Report of the Supplemental Security Income Program. 2011. Available at: http://www.ssa.gov/oact/ssir/SSI11/ssi2011.pdf. Accessed July 2, 2011.
- Containing costs and improving care for children in Medicaid and CHIP.Health Affairs (Millwood). 2009; 28: w1025-w1036
Social Security Administration. Annual Statistical Report of the Supplemental Security Income Program. 2001. Available at: http://www.ssa.gov/policy/docs/statcomps/di_asr/2001/di_asr01.pdf. Accessed July 6, 2011.
Social Security Administration. Annual Statistical Report of the Supplemental Security Income Program. 2006. Available at: http://www.ssa.gov/policy/docs/statcomps/ssi_asr/2006/ssi_asr06.pdf. Accessed July 6, 2011.
- Dynamics of obesity and chronic health conditions among children and youth.JAMA. 2010; 303: 623-630
- Eliminating waste in US health care.JAMA. 2012; 307: 1513-1516
- A Legacy of Unintended Side Effects.Boston Globe. December 12th, 2010; (Available at:) (Accessed August 14th, 2011)http://articles.boston.com/2010–12–12/news/29327138_1_ssi-supplemental-security-income-federal-disability-program
- Report to Congressional Requesters. Supplemental Security Income: Better management oversight needed for Children's benefits. GAO-12–497.General Accounting Office, Washington, DCJune 2012
- Medical Continuing Disability Reviews and Related Concepts: A Discussion of Medical CDRs and then Age 18 Redetermination.Cornell University, Ithaca, NYJuly 2003 (Available at:)Accessed March 6, 2012)
Office of the Inspector General, Social Security Administration. Full Medical Continuing Disability Reviews. 2010;A-07–09–29147. Available at: http://oig.ssa.gov/sites/default/files/semiannual/Fall%202010.txt. Accessed July 14, 2011.
United States General Accounting Office, Statement of Jane L. Ross. Continuing Disability Reviews Improved, But More Targeted Reviews Needed. Testimony Before the Subcommittee on Social Security Committee on Ways and Means, House of Representatives. 1994. Available at: http://www.gao.gov/new.items/d03662.pdf. Accessed July 12, 2011.
Social Security Administration. Report on Continuing Disability Reviews, Fiscal Year 2009. 2011. Available at: http://www.ssa.gov/legislation/SSIRedeterminationFY09-Signed-062411.pdf. Accessed July 12, 2011.
Office of the Inspector General, Social Security Administration. O'Carroll Jr PP. Inspector General Response to Honorable Charles Boustany and Honorable Sam Johnson regarding August 1, 2011 correspondence asking questions for the record. 2011. Available at: http://waysandmeans.house.gov/UploadedFiles/SSA.OIG.RESPONSE.QFRs.pdf. Accessed December 1, 2011.
Office of the Inspector General, Social Security Administration. Childhood Continuing Disability Reviews and Age 18 Redeterminations. 2006;A-01–06–21093. Available at: http://oig.ssa.gov/sites/default/files/audit/full/pdf/A-01-06-21093.pdf. Accessed July 12, 2011.
- Social Security Disability: Reviews of Beneficiaries' Disability Status Require Continued Attention to Achieve Timeliness and Cost-Effectiveness. GAO-03–662.General Accounting Office, Washington, DC2003
- The age-18 redetermination and postredetermination participation in SSI.Soc Secur Bull. 2009; 69: 1-25
- Financial burden for families of children with special health care needs.Matern Child Health J. 2005; 9: 207-218