Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- History of the medical home concept.Pediatrics. 2004; 113: 1473-1478
- The medical home: health care access and impact for children and youth in the US.Pediatrics. 2011; 127: 604-611
American College of Physicians. Patient-centered medical home. Available at: http://www.acponline.org/running_practice/pcmh/. Accessed November 13, 2012.
- Improved outcomes associated with medical home implementation in pediatric primary care.Pediatrics. 2009; 124: 358-364
- Access to the medical home: results of the National Survey of Children with Special Health Care Needs.Pediatrics. 2004; 113: 1485-1492
- Improvement in the family-centered medical home enhances outcomes for children and youth with special healthcare needs.J Ambul Care Manage. 2009; 32: 188-196
- Benefits of care coordination for children with complex disease: a pilot medical home project in a resident teaching clinic.J Pediatr. 2010; 156: 1006-1010
- The medical home.Pediatrics. 2002; 110: 184-186
- Trends in adolescent and young adult health in the United States.J Adolesc Health. 2009; 45: 8-24
- Lifetime prevalence and age-of-onset distributions of DSM-IV disorders in the National Comorbidity Survey replication.Arch Gen Psychiatry. 2005; 62: 593-602
- A review of the evidence for the medical home for children with special health care needs.Pediatrics. 2008; 122: e922-e937
- The value of the medical home for children without special health care needs.Pediatrics. 2012; 129: 87-98
- Health care use and expenditures associated with access to the medical home for children and youth.Med Care. 2012; 50: 262-269
- Adolescent Health Services: Missing Opportunities.National Academies Press, Washington, DC2008
Hagan JF, Shaw JS, Duncan PM, eds. Bright Futures: Guidelines for Health Supervision of Infants, Children, and Adolescents. 3rd ed. Elk Grove Village, Ill: American Academy of Pediatrics; 2008. Available at: http://brightfutures.aap.org/pdfs/Guidelines_PDF/18-Adolescence.pdf. Accessed November 13, 2012.
- Health care services and the transition to young adulthood: challenges and opportunities.Acad Pediatr. 2011; 11: 115-122
- The medical home as a mediator of the relation between mental health symptoms and famliy burden among children with special health care needs.Acad Pediatr. 2011; 11: 161-169
Knopf DK, Park MJ, Paul Mulye T. The Mental Health of Adolescents: A National Profile, 2008. San Francisco, Calif: National Adolescent Health Information Center, University of California, San Francisco; 2008. Available at: http://nahic.ucsf.edu/download/the-mental-health-of-adolescents-a-national-profile. Accessed November 13, 2012.
- Lifetime prevalence of mental disorders in US adolescents: results from the National Comorbidity Survey Replication–Adolescent Supplement (NCS-A).J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry. 2010; 49: 980-989
- Social consequences of psychiatric disorders 1: educational attainment.Am J Psychiatry. 1995; 152: 1026-1032
- Social consequences of psychiatric disorders, 2: teenage parenthood.Am J Psychiatry. 1997; 154: 1405-1411
- Consequences and correlates of adolescent depression.Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med. 2002; 156: 1009-1014
- Prior juvenile diagnoses in adults with mental disorder: developmental follow-back of a prospective-longitudinal cohort.Arch Gen Psychiatry. 2003; 60: 709-717
- Strategies to Support the Integration of Mental Health Into Pediatric Primary Care.National Institute for Health Care Management Research and Educational Foundation, Washington, DC2009 (Available at)Accessed November 13, 2012)
Blumberg SJ, Foster EB, Frasier AM, et al. Design and operation of the National Survey of Children’s Health, 2007. Vital Health Statistics. National Center for Health Statistics. Available at: http://ftp.cdc.gov/pub/health_statistics/nchs/slaits/nsch07/2_Methodology_Report/NSCH_Design_and_Operations_052109.pdf. Accessed November 13, 2012.
US Department of Health and Human Services. Healthy People 2020. Available at: http://healthypeople.gov/2020/topicsobjectives2020/overview.aspx?topicid=2. Accessed November 13, 2012.
- Revisiting the behavioral model and access to medical care: does it matter?.J Health Soc Behav. 1995; 36: 1-10
Child and Adolescent Health Measurement Initiative. Measuring Medical Home for Children and Youth: Methods and Findings From the National Survey of Children With Special Health Care Needs and the National Survey of Children's Health. Portland, Ore: Data Resource Center for Child and Adolescent Health; 2009. Available at: http://www.childhealthdata.org/docs/medical-home/mhmanual_withappendices-updated-12-7-10-pdf. Accessed November 13, 2012.
- Review of quality measures of the most integrated health care settings for children and the need for improved measures: recommendations for initial core measurement set for CHIPRA.Acad Pediatr. 2011; 11: S49-S58.e3.22
Child and Adolescent Health Measurement Initiative, Oregon Health and Science University. Measuring Medical Home for Children and Youth: Methods and Findings from the National Survey of Children with Special Health Care Needs and the National Survey of Children's Health—A Resource Manual for Child Health Program Leaders, Researchers and Analysts: Methodology for Medical Home in the 2007 NSCH. Available at: http://childhealthdata.org/docs/medical-home/mh_manual_methodology-pdf.pdf. Accessed November 13, 2012.
- Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders.4th ed. American Psychiatric Association, Washington, DC2000
- SUDAAN User’s Manual, Release 7.0.Research Triangle Institute, Research Triangle Park, NC1996
- The transition to adult health care for youth with special health care needs: do racial and ethnic disparities exist?.Pediatrics. 2010; 126: S129-S136
- Clinical report supporting the health care transition from adolescence to adulthood in the medical home.Pediatrics. 2011; 128: 182-200
- Managed behavioral health care carve-outs: past performance and future prospects.Annu Rev Public Health. 2007; 28: 303-320
National Council for Community Behavioral Health Care. Summary of the major provisions in the Patient Protection and Affordable Health Care Act. April 2010. Available at: http://www.thenationalcouncil.org/galleries/policy-file/HC%20Reform%20Bill%20Update-April%207.pdf. Accessed November 13, 2012.
English A. The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act of 2010: How Does It Help Adolescents and Young Adults? Chapel Hill, NC: Center for Adolescent Health and the Law; and San Francisco, Calif: National Adolescent Health Information and Innovation Center, 2010. Available at: http://nahic.ucsf.edu/download/the-patient-protection-and-affordable-care-act-how-does-it-help-adolescents-and-young-adults. Accessed November 13, 2012.
US Department of Health and Human Services (HHS). HHS Action Plan to Reduce Racial and Ethnic Disparities: A Nation Free of Disparities in Health and Health Care. Washington, DC: US Department of Health and Human Services, April 2011. Available at: http://minorityhealth.hhs.gov/npa/files/Plans/HHS/HHS_Plan_complete.pdf. Accessed November 13, 2012.
- Preventive care for adolescents: few get visits and fewer get services.Pediatrics. 2009; 123: e565-e572
- Clinician-rated mental health in outpatient child and adolescent mental health services: associations with parent, teacher and adolescent ratings.Child Adolesc Psychiatry Mental Health. 2010; 4 (Available at) (Accessed November 13, 2012): 29