Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Strengthening primary care to bolster the health care safety net.JAMA. 2006; 295: 1062-1064
- Primary care safety-net delivery sites in the United States: a comparison of community health centers, hospital outpatient departments, and physicians' offices.JAMA. 2000; 284: 2077-2083
National Association of Community Health Centers. America's health centers. August 2011. http://www.nachc.com/client/documents/USHealthCentersFS.pdf. Accessed May 4, 2012.
National Association of Community Health Centers. Expanding health centers under health care reform. June 2010. Available at: http://www.nachc.com/client/documents/HCR_New_Patients_Final.pdf. Accessed May 4, 2012.
- The patient protection and affordable care act and the future of child health policy.Acad Pediatr. 2012; 12: 363-364
- Incomplete specialty referral among children in community health centers.J Pediatr. 2011; 158: 24-30
- Recruitment and retention of primary care physicians at community health centers: a survey of Massachusetts physicians.J Health Care Poor Underserved. 2011; 22: 817-835
- Exploring the limits of the safety net: community health centers and care for the uninsured.Health Aff (Millwood). 2002; 21: 188-194
- The role of community health centers in delivering primary care to the underserved: experiences of the uninsured and Medicaid insured.J Ambul Care Manage. 2007; 30: 159-170
- The quality of chronic disease care in US community health centers.Health Aff (Millwood). 2006; 25: 1712-1723
- Ambulatory care sensitive hospitalizations and emergency visits: experiences of Medicaid patients using federally qualified health centers.Med Care. 2001; 39: 551-561
- Using existing population-based data sets to measure the American Academy of Pediatrics definition of medical home for all children and children with special health care needs.Pediatrics. 2004; 113: 1529-1537
- Transforming children's health care quality and outcomes—a not-so-random non-linear walk across the translational continuum.Acad Pediatr. 2011; 11: S91-S94
- The Children's Health Insurance Program Reauthorization Act quality measures initiatives: moving forward to improve measurement, care, and child and adolescent outcomes.Acad Pediatr. 2011; 11: S1-S10
- Racial and ethnic disparities in indicators of a primary care medical home for children.Acad Pediatr. 2009; 9: 221-227
Agency for Healthcare Quality and Research. Medical Expenditure Panel Survey. http://www.meps.ahrq.gov/mepsweb/about_meps/survey_back.jsp. Accessed May 4, 2012.
- Uninsurance among children eligible for the State Children's Health Insurance Program: results from a national survey.Manag Care Interface. 2006; 19: 31-39
- Internal psychometric properties of the children with special health care needs screener.Acad Pediatr. 2011; 11: 128-135
- Medical home disparities between children with public and private insurance.Acad Pediatr. 2011; 11: 305-310
- The medical home, preventive care screenings, and counseling for children: evidence from the Medical Expenditure Panel Survey.Acad Pediatr. 2010; 10: 338-345
- Revisiting the behavioral model and access to medical care: does it matter?.J Health Soc Behav. 1995; 36: 1-10
- Design and operation of the National Survey of Children With Special Health Care Needs, 2001.Vital Health Stat. 2003; : 1-136
- Model-based estimation of relative risks and other epidemiologic measures in studies of common outcomes and in case-control studies.Am J Epidemiol. 2004; 160: 301-305
- The relative merits of risk ratios and odds ratios.Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med. 2009; 163: 438-445
- Access to the medical home: results of the National Survey of Children With Special Health Care Needs.Pediatrics. 2004; 113: 1485-1492
- Inequality in America: the contribution of health centers in reducing and eliminating disparities in access to care.Med Care Res Rev. 2001; 58: 234-248
- The medical home: health care access and impact for children and youth in the United States.Pediatrics. 2011; 127: 604-611
- Medical home disparities for children by insurance type and state of residence.Matern Child Health J. 2012; 16: 178-187
- Access barriers to health care for Latino children.Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med. 1998; 152: 1119-1125
- Medical home capabilities of primary care practices that serve sociodemographically vulnerable neighborhoods.Arch Intern Med. 2010; 170: 938-944
- Barriers to specialty care and specialty referral completion in the community health center setting.J Pediatr. 2013; 162: 409-414.e401
- Specialty referral communication and completion in the community health center setting.Acad Pediatr. 2011; 11: 288-296
- America's Health Care Safety Net: Intact but Endangered.National Academies Press, Washington, DC2000
- Community health centers tackle rising demands and expectations.Issue Brief Cent Stud Health Syst Change. 2007; 116: 1-4
- America's health care safety net: revisiting the 2000 IOM report.Health Aff (Millwood). 2007; 26: 1490-1494
- Association between patient-centered medical home rating and operating cost at federally funded health centers.JAMA. 2012; 308: 60-66
The authors declare that they have no conflicts of interest.