Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- New approaches to molecular diagnosis.JAMA. 2013; 309: 1511-1521
- Genomic medicine—an updated primer.N Engl J Med. 2010; 362: 2001-2011
- Genomewide association studies and assessment of the risk of disease.N Engl J Med. 2010; 363: 166-176
Genetics Home Reference. Available at: http://ghr.nlm.nih.gov/. Accessed May 6, 2013.
Talking glossary of genetic terms. Available at: http://www.genome.gov/glossary. Accessed May 6, 2013.
- The Human Genome Project: lessons from large-scale biology.Science. 2003; 300: 286-290
- Human genome. Rival genome sequencers celebrate a milestone together.Science. 2000; 288: 2294-2295
International Consortium Completes Human Genome Project. Available at: http://www.genome.gov/11006929. Accessed November 30, 2012.
- A vision for the future of genomics research.Nature. 2003; 422: 835-847
- Comparing whole genomes using DNA microarrays.Nat Rev Genet. 2008; 9: 291-302
- Complement factor H polymorphism in age-related macular degeneration.Science. 2005; 308: 385-389
Catalog of published genome-wide association studies. Available at: http://www.genome.gov/gwastudies/. Accessed November 30, 2012.
- Consensus statement: chromosomal microarray is a first-tier clinical diagnostic test for individuals with developmental disabilities or congenital anomalies.American journal of human genetics. 2010; 86: 749-764
- Microarray technology: beyond transcript profiling and genotype analysis.Nat Rev Genet. 2006; 7: 200-210
- Systematic review: gene expression profiling assays in early-stage breast cancer.Ann Intern Med. 2008; 148: 358-369
DNA sequencing costs. Available at: http://www.genome.gov/sequencingcosts/. Accessed November 30, 2012.
Nature ENCODE Explorer. Available at: http://www.nature.com/encode/#/threads. Accessed November 30, 2012.
ENCODE data describes function of human genome. Available at: http://www.genome.gov/27549810. Accessed May 6, 2013.
- Identification and analysis of functional elements in 1% of the human genome by the ENCODE pilot project.Nature. 2007; 447: 799-816
- Non-coding RNAs in human disease.Nat Rev Genet. 2011; 12: 861-874
- MicroRNA and cancer.Mol Oncol. 2012; 6: 590-610
- MicroRNAs in Ewing sarcoma.Front Oncol. 2013; 3: 65
- A large-scale, consortium-based genomewide association study of asthma.N Engl J Med. 2010; 363: 1211-1221
- Genomics and the multifactorial nature of human autoimmune disease.N Engl J Med. 2011; 365: 1612-1623
- Genomics, type 2 diabetes, and obesity.N Engl J Med. 2010; 363: 2339-2350
- Genome-wide SNP and CNV analysis identifies common and low-frequency variants associated with severe early-onset obesity.Nat Genet. 2013; 45: 513-517
- Genome-wide association study identifies six new loci influencing pulse pressure and mean arterial pressure.Nat Genet. 2011; 43: 1005-1011
- Finding the missing heritability of complex diseases.Nature. 2009; 461: 747-753
- Common variants near MBNL1 and NKX2–5 are associated with infantile hypertrophic pyloric stenosis.Nat Genet. 2012; 44: 334-337
- Genome-wide association study identifies NRG1 as a susceptibility locus for Hirschsprung’s disease.Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2009; 106: 2694-2699
- Common vs. rare allele hypotheses for complex diseases.Curr Opin Genet Dev. 2009; 19: 212-219
1000 Genomes. A deep catalog of human genetic variation. Available at: http://www.1000genomes.org/about. Accessed November 30, 2012.
- A map of human genome variation from population-scale sequencing.Nature. 2010; 467: 1061-1073
- An integrated map of genetic variation from 1,092 human genomes.Nature. 2012; 491: 56-65
- Evolution and functional impact of rare coding variation from deep sequencing of human exomes.Science. 2012; 337: 64-69
Phenylalanine hydroxylase deficiency. Available at: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK1504/. Accessed May 6, 2013.
- Epigenetic epidemiology of common complex disease: prospects for prediction, prevention, and treatment.PLoS Med. 2010; 7: e1000356
- Persistent epigenetic differences associated with prenatal exposure to famine in humans.Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 2008; 105: 17046-17049
- Epigenetic reprogramming in cancer.Science. 2013; 339: 1567-1570
Prader-Willi syndrome. Available at: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK1330/. Accessed May 6, 2013.
- Epigenetic therapy: use of agents targeting deacetylation and methylation in cancer management.Onco Targets Ther. 2013; 6: 223-232
- The genetic and epigenetic basis of type 2 diabetes and obesity.Clin Pharmacol Ther. 2012; 92: 707-715
- Epigenetic mechanisms and the development of asthma.J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2012; 130: 1243-1255
- Bisphenol a exposure disrupts genomic imprinting in the mouse.PLoS Genet. 2013; 9: e1003401
- Genome-wide DNA methylation analysis using massively parallel sequencing technologies.Semin Hematol. 2013; 50: 70-77
Thiopurine S-methyltransferase. Available at: http://www.pharmgkb.org/gene/PA356. Accessed May 6, 2013.
US Food and Drug Administration. FDA approves Kalydeco to treat rare form of cystic fibrosis. Available at: http://www.fda.gov/NewsEvents/Newsroom/PressAnnouncements/ucm289633.htm. Accessed May 6, 2013.
- A framework for human microbiome research.Nature. 2012; 486: 215-221
- Structure, function and diversity of the healthy human microbiome.Nature. 2012; 486: 207-214
- The human microbiome and its potential importance to pediatrics.Pediatrics. 2012; 129: 950-960
- Diversity of the human intestinal microbial flora.Science. 2005; 308: 1635-1638
- Redefining the role of intestinal microbes in the pathogenesis of necrotizing enterocolitis.Pediatrics. 2010; 125: 777-785
- The human microbiome: at the interface of health and disease.Nat Rev Genet. 2012; 13: 260-270
- Inflammatory bowel diseases: emerging therapies and promising molecular targets.Front Biosci. 2012; 4: 1172-1189
- Microbial genomics and infectious diseases.N Engl J Med. 2011; 365: 347-357
- The origin of the Haitian cholera outbreak strain.N Engl J Med. 2011; 364: 33-42
- Origins of the E. coli strain causing an outbreak of hemolytic-uremic syndrome in Germany.N Engl J Med. 2011; 365: 709-717
- Tracking a hospital outbreak of carbapenem-resistant Klebsiella pneumoniae with whole-genome sequencing.Sci Transl Med. 2012; 4: 148ra116
- A culture-independent sequence-based metagenomics approach to the investigation of an outbreak of Shiga-toxigenic Escherichia coli O104:H4.JAMA. 2013; 309: 1502-1510
- Rapid whole-genome sequencing for investigation of a neonatal MRSA outbreak.N Engl J Med. 2012; 366: 2267-2275
- Initial impact of the sequencing of the human genome.Nature. 2011; 470: 187-197
- The National Institutes of Health Undiagnosed Diseases Program: insights into rare diseases.Genet Med. 2012; 14: 51-59
- Diagnostic exome sequencing in persons with severe intellectual disability.N Engl J Med. 2012; 367: 1921-1929
- Making a definitive diagnosis: successful clinical application of whole exome sequencing in a child with intractable inflammatory bowel disease.Genet Med. 2011; 13: 255-262
Counsyl. Available at: https://www.counsyl.com/. Accessed November 30, 2012.
- Committee opinion no. 545: noninvasive prenatal testing for fetal aneuploidy.Obstet Gynecol. 2012; 120: 1532-1534
- Genomics and perinatal care.N Engl J Med. 2012; 366: 64-73
Secretary’s Advisory Committee on Heritable Disorders in Newborns and Children. Available at: http://www.hrsa.gov/advisorycommittees/mchbadvisory/heritabledisorders/. Accessed November 30, 2012.
- Rapid whole-genome sequencing for genetic disease diagnosis in neonatal intensive care units.Sci Transl Med. 2012; 4: 154ra135
NIH seeks applications to study genomic sequencing in newborn period. Available at: http://www.genome.gov/27549767. Accessed November 30, 2012.
- Achieving a nationwide learning health system.Sci Transl Med. 2010; 2: 57cm29
- Translational research in cancer genetics: the road less traveled.Public Health Genomics. 2011; 14: 1-8
- Genomics, health care, and society.N Engl J Med. 2011; 365: 1033-1041
Scientific Vision Workshop on Developmental Origins of Health and Disease. Available at: http://www.nichd.nih.gov/vision/vision_themes/developmental_origins/Documents/Vision_DevOrig_WP_04212011.pdf. Accessed November 30, 2012.
Genetics in Primary Care Institute. Available at: http://www.medicalhomeinfo.org/gpci.aspx. Accessed November 30, 2012.
The authors declare that they have no conflict of interest.