Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Social networks and the practice of medicine: harnessing powerful opportunities.J Pediatr. 2011; 158: 1-2
- Comparison of blogged and written reflections in two medicine clerkships.Med Educ. 2011; 45: 166-175
- Wikis, blogs and podcasts: a new generation of Web-based tools for virtual collaborative clinical practice and education.BMC Med Educ. 2006; 6: 41
- Preparing for the changing role of instructional technologies in medical education.Acad Med. 2011; 86: 435-439
- Web 2.0 and social software: the medical student way of e-learning.Med Teach. 2008; 30: 308-312
Association of American Medical Colleges. AAMC Matriculating Students Questionnaire (MSQ) all schools report. Available at: http://www.aamc.org/download/269322/data/msq2011.pdf.
- Social media use in medical education: a systematic review.Acad Med. 2013; 88: 893-901
Wells R. 41.6% of the US population has a Facebook account. Social Media Today. August 8, 2010. Available at: http://socialmediatoday.com/roywells1/158020/416-us-population-has-facebook-account.
- Qualitative research methods.in: Birtcher K. Introduction to Research and Medical Literature for Health Professionals. Jones & Bartlett Learning, Burlington, Mass2013 (159–166)
- Qualitative research methods for medical educators.Acad Pediatr. 2011; 11: 375-386
- Three-dozen knowledge-sharing barriers managers must consider.J Knowledge Mange. 2005; 9: 18-35
- The Virtual Community: Homesteading on the Electronic Frontier.MIT Press, Cambridge, Mass2000
- Student engagement, motivation, and rapport.Distance Learn. 2009; 6: 90-94
- Professionalism in the digital age.Ann Intern Med. 2011; 154: 560-562
- Report of the AMA Council on Ethical and Judicial Affairs: professionalism in the use of social media.J Clin Ethics. 2011; 22: 165-172
- Online posting of unprofessional content by medical students.JAMA. 2009; 302: 1309-1315
- It's your own risk: medical students' perspectives on online professionalism.Acad Med. 2010; 85: S68-S71
- To friend or not to friend? Social networking and faculty perceptions of online professionalism.Acad Med. 2011; 86: 1545-1550
- Online professionalism and the mirror of social media.J Gen Intern Med. 2010; 25: 1227-1229
- Physician violations of online professionalism and disciplinary actions: a national survey of state medical boards.JAMA. 2012; 307: 1141-1142
- Pediatric clerkship directors' social networking use and perceptions of online professionalism.Acad Pediatr. 2012; 12: 142-148
- The YouTube generation: implications for medical professionalism.Perspect Biol Med. 2008; 51: 517-524
- Developing professionalism through the use of wikis: a study with first-year undergraduate medical students.Med Teach. 2010; 32: 824-829
The authors declare that they have no conflict of interest.