Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- A consensus statement on health care transitions for young adults with special health care needs.Pediatrics. 2002; 110: 1304-1306
- The increase of childhood chronic conditions in the United States.JAMA. 2007; 297: 2755-2759
- Health care transition: destinations unknown.Pediatrics. 2002; 110: 1307-1314
- Access to care for youth with special health care needs in the transition to adulthood.J Adolesc Health. 2008; 43: 23-29
- Transition planning for youth with special health care needs: results from the National Survey of Children with Special Health Care Needs.Pediatrics. 2005; 115: 1562-1568
- Supporting the health care transition from adolescence to adulthood in the medical home.Pediatrics. 2011; 128: 182-200
- Healthcare transitions for adolescents with chronic life-threatening conditions using a Delphi method to identify research priorities for clinicians and academics in Canada.Child Care Health Dev. 2011; 37: 875-882
US Department of Health and Human Services Health Resources and Services Administration. Recommendations for improving access to pediatric subspecialty care through the medical home. December 2008. Available at: ftp://ftp.hrsa.gov/mchb/FinalRecommendationsWorkGroup.pdf. Accessed August 12, 2012.
- Health care transition: youth, family, and provider perspectives.Pediatrics. 2005; 115: 112-120
- Training gaps for pediatric residents planning a career in primary care: a qualitative and quantitative study.J Grad Med Educ. 2011; 3: 309-314
- Adolescent medicine training in pediatric residency programs.Pediatrics. 2010; 125: 165-172
Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education. Available at: http://www.acgme.org/. Accessed August 12, 2012.
- Physician views on barriers to primary care for young adults with childhood-onset chronic disease.Pediatrics. 2010; 125: e748-e754
- Residency training in transition of youth with childhood-onset chronic disease.Pediatrics. 2010; 126: S190-S193
- Transition from pediatric to adult care: internists’ perspectives.Pediatrics. 2009; 123: 417-423
- Comfort of general internists and general pediatricians in providing care for young adults with chronic illnesses of childhood.J Gen Intern Med. 2008; 23: 1621-1627
- Training experiences of US combined internal medicine and pediatrics residents.Acad Med. 2006; 81: 440-446
- A successful combination.J Natl Med Assoc. 2010; 102: 842-843
- Adolescent Health Services: Missing Opportunities.National Research Council, The National Academies Press, Washington, DC2009
National Center for Health Care Transition. Available at: http://www.gottransition.org/. Accessed July 26, 2013.
- Congenital heart disease in the general population: changing prevalence and age distribution.Circulation. 2007; 115: 163-172
- ACC/AHA 2008 guidelines for the management of adults with congenital heart disease. Executive summary: a report of the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association Task Force on Practice Guidelines (Writing Committee to Develop Guidelines for the Management of Adults With Congenital Heart Disease).Circulation. 2008; 118: 2395-2451
American Board of Pediatrics. Content outline maintenance of certification examination. Available at: https://www.abp.org/abpwebsite/moc/cognitiveexpertisesecureexam/contentandpreparation/gpmoc.pdf. Accessed August 12, 2012.
American Board of Internal Medicine. Maintenance of certification exam blueprint. Available at: http://www.abim.org/pdf/blueprint/im_moc.pdf. Accessed August 12, 2012.
- Facilitating the transition of adolescents with developmental disabilities: nursing practice issues and care.J Pediatr Nurs. 2007; 22: 103-115
- Social workers as transition brokers: facilitating the transition from pediatric to adult medical care.Soc Work Health Care. 2012; 51: 279-295
- The triple aim: care, health, and cost.Health Aff (Millwood). 2008; 27: 759-769
Child and Adolescent Health Measurement Initiative. National survey of children with special health care needs. Available at: http://www.childhealthdata.org/learn/NS-CSHCN. Accessed August 12, 2012.
Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act. Pub L No. 111-148, 124 Stat 119 (2010).
- The Supreme Court and the future of Medicaid.N Engl J Med. 2012; 367: 983-985
Letter from Kathleen Sebelius, Secretary of Health and Human Services. Available at: http://www.scribd.com/doc/99753526/Secretary-Sebelius-Letter-to-the-Governors-071012. Accessed July 26, 2013.
- Making Care Coordination a Critical Component of the Pediatric Health System: A Multidisciplinary Framework.The Commonwealth Fund, New York, NY2009
- Acute care utilization and rehospitalizations for sickle cell disease.JAMA. 2010; 303: 1288-1294
- Health care spending and quality in year 1 of the alternative quality contract.N Engl J Med. 2011; 365: 909-918
Centers for Medicaire and Medicaid Services. Frequently asked questions about billing Medicare for transitional care management services. Available at: http://www.cms.gov/Medicare/Medicare-Fee-for-Service-Payment/PhysicianFeeSched/Downloads/FAQ-tcms.pdf. Accessed November 8, 2013.
Center for Medicare and Medicaid Services. Meaningful use. Available at: http://www.cms.gov/Regulations-and-Guidance/Legislation/EHRIncentivePrograms/Meaningful_Use.html. Accessed June 26, 2013.
- Health care transition for youth with special health care needs.J Adolesc Health. 2012; 51: 213-219
- What factors are associated with state performance on provision of transition services to CSHCN?.Pediatrics. 2009; 124: S375-S383
- Receipt of health care transition counseling in the national survey of adult transition and health.Pediatrics. 2011; 128: e521-e529
- Current status of transition preparation among youth with special needs in the United States.Pediatrics. 2013; 131: 1090-1097
- The transition to adult health care for youth with special health care needs: do racial and ethnic disparities exist?.Pediatrics. 2010; 126: S129-S136
- Transition programs in cystic fibrosis centers: perceptions of team members.Pediatr Pulmonol. 2004; 37: 4-7
- Prevalence and correlates of successful transfer from pediatric to adult health care among a cohort of young adults with complex congenital heart defects.Pediatrics. 2004; 113: e197-e205
- Evaluation of a systems navigator model for transition from pediatric to adult care for young adults with type 1 diabetes.Diabetes Care. 2008; 31: 1529-1530
- Transition from a pediatric HIV intramural clinical research program to adolescent and adult community-based care services:assessing transition readiness.Soc Work Health Care. 2007; 46: 1-19
- Transitions of care from Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services to Adult Mental Health Services (TRACK study): a study of protocols in Greater London.BMC Health Serv Res. 2008; 8: 135
- Preparing for adulthood: health care transition counseling for youth with arthritis.Arthritis Rheum. 2009; 61: 52-57
- What do we really know about the transition to adult-centered health care? A focus on cerebral palsy and spina bifida.Arch Phys Med Rehabil. 2007; 88: 1064-1073
- Transition of adolescents with HIV to adult care: characteristics and current practices of the adolescent trials network for HIV/AIDS interventions.J Assoc Nurses AIDS Care. 2011; 22: 283-294
- Trends in transition from pediatric to adult health care services for young adults with chronic conditions.J Adolesc Health. 1999; 24: 259-264
- Improving transition from pediatric to adult cystic fibrosis care: lessons from a national survey of current practices.Pediatrics. 2008; 121: e1160-e1166
- Health care services and the transition to young adulthood: challenges and opportunities.Acad Pediatr. 2011; 11: 115-122
- Measuring the transition readiness of youth with special healthcare needs: validation of the TRAQ—Transition Readiness Assessment Questionnaire.J Pediatr Psychol. 2011; 36: 160-171
- Dependence on emergency care among young adults in the United States.J Gen Intern Med. 2010; 25: 663-669
- Adults with chronic health conditions originating in childhood: inpatient experience in children’s hospitals.Pediatrics. 2011; 128: 5-13
- Health care transition in patients with type 1 diabetes: young adult experiences and relationship to glycemic control.Diabetes Care. 2012; 35: 1716-1722
- Improving the transition between paediatric and adult healthcare: a systematic review.Arch Dis Child. 2011; 96: 548-553
- Helping high-risk youth move through high-risk periods: personally controlled health records for improving social and health care transitions.J Diabetes Sci Technol. 2011; 5: 47-54
United States medical licensing examination. Available at: http://www.usmle.org/pdfs/step-3/2012content_step3.pdf. Accessed August 12, 2012.
American Board of Family Medicine. Maintenance of certification exam content. Available at: https://www.theabfm.org/moc/examcontents.aspx. Accessed August 12, 2012.
The authors declare that they have no conflict of interest.