- •Communication and clinical care planning among caregivers.
- •Providing a basis for assessing quality of care.2
- •Legal recording for protection of patients, providers, and facilities.
- •Documentation for billing of the services provided.
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Ensuring legibility of patient records (AHIMA Practice Brief).J Am Health Inform Manage Assn. 2003; 74 (64A–D)
- The impact of feedback to medical housestaff on chart documentation and quality of care in the outpatient setting.J Gen Intern Med. 1997; 12: 352-356
- Medical records that guide and teach.N Engl J Med. 1968; 278: 593-600
- Use of a chart audit: teaching well child care to paediatric house officers.Acad Med. 2009; 27: 170-174
- Measuring medical residents' chart documentation practices.J Med Educ. 1988; 63: 859-865
- Hospital Accreditation Standards.Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations, Oakbrook Terrace, Ill2002
- Guidelines for medical record review.in: Standards for the Accreditation of MCOs. National Committee for Quality Assurance, Washington, DC2001
- How valid are medical records and patient questionnaires for physician profiling and health services research? A comparison with direct observation of patients visits.Med Care. 1998; 36: 851-867
- Some unintended consequences of information technology in health care: the nature of patient care information system-related errors.J Am Med Inform Assn. 2004; 11: 104-112
- Off the record: avoiding the pitfalls of going electronic.N Engl J Med. 2008; 358: 1656-1657
- Copying and pasting of examinations within the electronic medical record.Int J Med Inform. 2007; 76: S122-S128
- Mind Over Machine.Free Press, New York, NY1988
- From the educational bench to the clinical bedside: translating the Dreyfus Developmental Model to the learning of clinical skills.Acad Med. 2008; 83: 761-767
- Surpassing Ourselves: An Inquiry Into the Nature and Implications of Expertise.Open Court Publishing Company, Chicago, Ill1993
- A new vocabulary and other innovations for improving descriptive in-training evaluations.Acad Med. 1999; 74: 1151-1157