Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Changes in Parent-Reported Prevalence of Autism Spectrum Disorder in School-Aged US Children: 2007 to 2011–12.Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, Atlanta, Ga2013 (Available at:)Accessed January 5, 2014)
- Stability and interpersonal agreement of the interview-based diagnosis of autism.Psychopathology. 2001; 34: 187-191
- American Academy of Pediatrics Council on Children With Disabilities. Identification and evaluation of children with autism spectrum disorders.Pediatrics. 2007; 120: 1183-1215
- Racial/ethnic disparities in the identification of children with autism spectrum disorders.Am J Public Health. 2009; 99: 493-498
- Disparities in diagnoses received prior to a diagnosis of autism spectrum disorder.J Autism Dev Disord. 2007; 37: 1795-1802
- Age of diagnosis for autism: Individual and community factors across 10 birth cohorts.J Epidemiol Community Health. 2011; 65: 503-510
- Age at diagnosis of autism spectrum disorders.J Pediatr. 2012; 161: 554-556
- Race differences in the age at diagnosis among Medicaid-eligible children with autism.J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry. 2002; 41: 1447-1453
- Disparities in diagnosis and access to health services for children with autism: data from the National Survey of Children’s Health.J Dev Behav Pediatr. 2008; 29: 152-160
- Explaining low rates of autism among Hispanic schoolchildren in Texas.Am J Public Health. 2010; 100: 270-272
- The use of the Autism Diagnostic Interview–Revised with a Latino population of adolescents and adults with autism.J Autism Dev Disord. 2013; 43: 1098-1105
- Pediatrician identification of Latino children at risk for autism spectrum disorder.Pediatrics. 2013; 132: 445-453
- Technical report—racial and ethnic disparities in the health and health care of children.Pediatrics. 2010; 125: e979-e1020
- Racial and ethnic differences in subspecialty service use by children with autism.Pediatrics. 2013; 132 (erratum in Pediatrics. 2013;132:780): 94-100
- Disparity of care for children with parent-reported autism spectrum disorders.Acad Pediatr. 2013; 13: 334-339
- “Who is sitting across from me?” Immigrant mothers’ knowledge of parenting and children’s development.Pediatrics. 2004; 114: e557-e564
- Maternal expectations about normal child development in 4 cultural groups.Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med. 1997; 151: 1144-1150
- Ethnic group differences in early Head Start parents’ parenting beliefs and practices and links to children’s early cognitive development.Early Child Res Q. 2009; 24: 381-397
- Qualitative research in health care. Analysing qualitative data.BMJ. 2000; 320: 114-116
- Qualitative Research Design: An Interactive Approach.2nd ed. Sage Publications, Thousand Oaks, Calif2005
Zuckerman KE, Mattox KM, Sinche BK, et al. Racial, ethnic, and language disparities in early childhood developmental/behavioral evaluations: a narrative review. Clin Pediatr (Phila) In press.
- Development of a short acculturation scale for Hispanics.Hispanic Journal of Behavioral Sciences. 1987; 9: 183
- Using thematic analysis in psychology.Qual Res Psychol. 2006; 3: 77-101
- The myth of sameness among Latino men and their machismo.Am J Orthopsychiatry. 2002; 72: 163-181
- Access to diagnosis and treatment services among Latino children with autism spectrum disorders.Intellect Dev Disabil. 2013; 51: 141-153
- An ethnic comparison of parent participation and information needs in Early Intervention.Except Child. 1994; 60: 422
- Knowledge and information about ADHD: evidence of cultural differences among African-American and white parents.Soc Sci Med. 1998; 46: 919-928
- Understanding urban child mental health service use: two studies of child, family, and environmental correlates.J Behav Health Serv Res. 2001; 28: 475-483
- Measuring the quality of preventive and developmental services for young children: national estimates and patterns of clinicians’ performance.Pediatrics. 2004; 113: 1973-1983
- Racial and ethnic disparities in pediatric experiences of family-centered care.Med Care. 2010; 48: 388-393
- Racial and ethnic disparities in medical and dental health, access to care, and use of services in US children.Pediatrics. 2008; 121: e286-e298
- Barriers to specialty care and specialty referral completion in the community health center setting.J Pediatr. 2013; 162: 409-414.e1
- Barriers to evaluation for early intervention services: parent and early intervention employee perspectives.Acad Pediatr. 2012; 12: 551-557
Cooper LA, Powe NR; Commonwealth Fund Report. Disparities in patient experiences, health care processes, and outcomes: the role of patient–provider racial, ethnic, and language concordance. Available at: http://www.commonwealthfund.org/Publications/Fund-Reports/2004/Jul/Disparities-in-Patient-Experiences–Health-Care-Processes–and-Outcomes–The-Role-of-Patient-Provide.aspx. Accessed December 16, 2013.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). Learn the signs. Act early. Available at: http://www.cdc.gov/ncbddd/actearly/index.html. Accessed December 16, 2013.
- Developmental stages of developmental screening: steps to implementation of a successful program.Am J Public Health. 2005; 95: 1928-1932
The authors declare that they have no conflict of interest.