Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Patient reminder and patient recall systems to improve immunization rates.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2009; : CD003941
- Effectiveness and cost-effectiveness of letters, automated telephone messages, or both for underimmunized children in a health maintenance organization.Pediatrics. 1998; 101: E3
- Effectiveness and net cost of reminder/recall for adolescent immunizations.Pediatrics. 2012; 129: e1437-e1445
- Effectiveness and cost of immunization recall at school-based health centers.Pediatrics. 2012; 129: e1446-e1452
- Getting under the hood: exploring issues that affect provider-based recall using an immunization information system.Acad Pediatr. 2011; 11: 44-49
- Adoption of reminder and recall messages for immunizations by pediatricians and public health clinics.Pediatrics. 2003; 112: 1076-1082
- Effect of telephone reminder/recall on adolescent immunization and preventive visits: results from a randomized clinical trial.Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med. 2006; 160: 157-163
- Barriers to the use of reminder/recall interventions for immunizations: a systematic review.BMC Med Inform Decis Mak. 2012; 12: 145
- Population-based versus practice-based recall for childhood immunizations: A randomized controlled comparative effectiveness trial.Am J Public Health. 2013; 103: 1116-1123
- Effect of a text messaging intervention on influenza vaccination in an urban, low-income pediatric and adolescent population: a randomized controlled trial.JAMA. 2012; 307: 1702-1708
- Parental and provider preferences and concerns regarding text message reminder/recall for early childhood vaccinations.Prev Med. 2013; 57: 75-80
- Parents' experiences with and preferences for immunization reminder/recall technologies.Pediatrics. 2011; 128: e1100-e1105
- Text4Health: a qualitative evaluation of parental readiness for text message immunization reminders.Am J Public Health. 2009; 99: 2176-2178
- Parent opinions about use of text messaging for immunization reminders.J Med Internet Res. 2012; 14: e83
- Mobile phone messaging reminders for attendance at healthcare appointments.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2012; : CD007458
- The use of text messaging to improve attendance in primary care: a randomized controlled trial.Fam Pract. 2006; 23: 699-705
- Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) recommended immunization schedule for persons aged 0 through 18 years—United States, 2013.MMWR Surveill Summ. 2013; 62: 2-8
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Immunization Information System (IIS) functional standards, 2013–2017. Available at: http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/programs/iis/func-stds.pdf. Accessed January 31, 2014.
Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment CIIS. Colorado annual immunization progress report for CY2011, section IX—immunization information systems. 2011.
- Internet, Mail and Mixed-Mode Surveys: The Tailored Desgin Method.3rd ed. Wiley, New York, NY2009
American Association for Public Opinion Research. Standard definitions: final dispositions of case codes and outcome rates for surveys. 4th ed. 2008. Available at: http://www.aapor.org/uploads/Standard_Definitions_07_08_Final.pdf. Accessed October 28, 2013.
- A randomized trial of the effect of centralized reminder/recall on immunizations and preventive care visits for adolescents.Acad Pediatr. 2013; 13: 204-213
- Primary Care and Public Health: Exploring Integration to Improve Population Health.National Academies Press, Washington, DC2012
Cisco. Cisco visual networking index: forecast and methodology, 2011–2016. Available at: http://www.cisco.com/en/US/solutions/collateral/ns341/ns525/ns537/ns705/ns827/white_paper_c11-481360_ns827_Networking_Solutions_White_Paper.html. Accessed May 30, 2013.
eTForecasts. Internet user forecast by country. 2011. Available at: http://www.etforecasts.com/products/ES_intusersv2.htm. Accessed March 28, 2013.
International Data Corporation. Android expected to reach its peak this year as mobile phone shipments slow, according to IDC. June 6, 2012. Available at: http://www.idc.com/getdoc.jsp?containerId=prUS23523812. Accessed March 28, 2013.
Euromonitor International. Mobile phones in the US. Available at: http://www.euromonitor.com/mobile-phones-in-the-us/report#. Accessed March 28, 2013.
US Department of Commerce. Digital nation: expanding Internet usage. Available at: http://www.ntia.doc.gov/files/ntia/publications/ntia_internet_use_report_february_2011.pdf. Accessed March 28, 2013.
US Department of Commerce. Exploring the digital nation: home broadband internet adoption in the United States. Available at: http://www.ntia.doc.gov/files/ntia/publications/esa_ntia_us_broadband_adoption_report_11082010_1.pdf. Accessed March 28, 2013.
- How much does a regional immunization registry increase documented immunization rates at primary care sites in rural Colorado?.Ambul Pediatr. 2001; 1: 213-216
- The impact of immunization record aggregation on up-to-date rates—implications for immunization registries in rural areas.J Rural Health. 2001; 17: 122-126
- Is reimbursement for childhood immunizations adequate? Evidence from two rural areas in Colorado.Public Health Rep. 2001; 116: 219-225
- The cost of giving childhood vaccinations: differences among provider types.Pediatrics. 2004; 113: 1582-1587
- Cost of vaccine administration among pediatric practices.Pediatrics. 2009; 124: S492-S498
- Variation in provider vaccine purchase prices and payer reimbursement.Pediatrics. 2008; 122: 1325-1331
- Primary care physician perspectives on reimbursement for childhood immunizations.Pediatrics. 2008; 122: 1319-1324
- Response rates and responsiveness for surveys, standards, and the Journal.Am J Pharm Educ. 2008; 72: 43
- Demographic Trends in Rural and Small Town America.Carsey Institute, University of New Hampshire, Durham, NH2006 (Available at:)Accessed November 11, 2013)
US Census Bureau. American community survey, 5 year estimates. Available at: http://factfinder2.census.gov. Accessed November 11, 2013.
US Census Bureau. State and county quick facts: Colorado. Available at: http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/states/08000.html. Accessed October 17, 2013.
US Census Bureau. US Bureau of Labor Statistics. The annual social and economic supplement to the current population survey, 2012. Available at: http://www.census.gov/hhes/www/cpstables/032013/health/toc.htm. Accessed November 11, 2013.
US Census Bureau. 2012 American community survey 1 year estimates. Available at: http://factfinder2.census.gov/faces/tableservices/jsf/pages/productview.xhtml?pid=ACS_12_1YR_S0201&prodType=table. Accessed November 11, 2013.
The authors declare that they have no conflict of interest.