Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Blue Cross Blue Shield Association. About the Blue Cross Blue Shield Association. Available at: http://www.bcbs.com/about-the-association/. Accessed March 1, 2014.
- The Social Transformation of American Medicine.Basic Books, New York, NY1982
- Directory of Facilities Obligated to Provide Uncompensated Services by State and City as of January 1, 1985.US Dept of Health and Human Services, Public Health Service, Health Resources and Services Administration, Bureau of Health Maintenance Organizations and Resources Development, Office of Health Facilities, Division of Facilities Compliance, Assurances Data and Analysis Branch, Rockville, Md1984
- Medicaid 101: history, challenges, and opportunities.Ethnicity Dis. 2006; 16: 52-53
- Medicare primer.Congressional Research Service, Washington DC2009 (Available at)Accessed March 4, 2014)
- The Heart of Power: Health and Politics in the Oval Office.University of California Press, Berkeley, Calif2009
- The Dance of Legislation.Simon & Schuster, New York, NY1973
- Compilation of Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act: As Amended Through November 1, 2010, Including Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act Health–Related Portions of the Health Care and Education Reconciliation Act of 2010.US Government Printing Office, Washington, DC2010 (Available at)Accessed March 3, 2014)
- Inside National Health Reform.Milbank Memorial Fund, New York, NY2011
- Medicaid, Children’s Health Insurance, and the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act.Nova Science Publishers, New York, NY2011
- Struggles for national health reform in the United States.Am J Public Health. 2003; 93: 86-91
- Selected CBO Publications Related to Health Care Legislation, 2009–2010.Congressional Budget Office, Washington, DC2010
Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services. National health expenditures, 2011 highlights. Available at: http://www.cms.gov/Research-Statistics-Data-and-Systems/Statistics-Trends-and-Reports/NationalHealthExpendData/downloads/highlights.pdf. Accessed March 3, 2013.
- National health spending in 2011: overall growth remains low, but some payers and services show signs of acceleration.Health Aff (Millwood). 2013; 32: 87-99
- Recession led to a decline in out-of-pocket spending for children with special health care needs.Health Aff (Millwood). 2013; 32: 1054-1062
- The future pediatrician: the challenge of chronic illness.J Pediatr. 2007; 151: S6-S10
Commonwealth Fund. EPSDT and children’s coverage costs. 2005. Available at: http://www.commonwealthfund.org/Publications/Data-Briefs/2005/Sep/EPSDT-and-Childrens-Coverage-Costs.aspx. Accessed March 3, 2014.
- Hospital utilization and characteristics of patients experiencing recurrent readmissions within children’s hospitals.JAMA. 2011; 305: 682-690
- The relation between the availability of neonatal intensive care and neonatal mortality.N Engl J Med. 2002; 346: 1538-1544
- Introduction: addressing the millennial morbidity—the context of community pediatrics.Pediatrics. 2005; 115: 1121-1123
- Child health care disparities: findings from the annual report on children’s health care.Acad Pediatr. 2010; 10: 87-88
- National, state, and local disparities in childhood obesity.Health Aff (Millwood). 2010; 29: 347-356
- Serving the family from birth to the medical home. A report from the Newborn Screening Task Force convened in Washington, DC, May 10–11, 1999.Pediatrics. 2000; 106: 383-427
- A history of child health equity legislation in the United States.Pediatrics. 2003; 112: 727-730
- Historical overview of children’s health care coverage.Future Child. 2003; 13: 31-53
- The scientific evidence for child health insurance.Acad Pediatr. 2009; 9: 4-6
Medicaid. Children’s Health Insurance Program. Available at: http://www.medicaid.gov/medicaid-chip-program-information/by-topics/childrens-health-insurance-program-chip/childrens-health-insurance-program-chip.html. Accessed March 4, 2014.
US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. History of the Vaccines for Children Program. Available at: http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/programs/vfc/about/#history. Accessed March 4, 2014.
US Department of Health and Human Services, Administration for Children and Families. The Children's Bureau Legacy: Ensuring the Right to Childhood. Washington: 2012. Available at http://cb100.acf.hhs.gov/CB_ebook. Accessed March 4, 2014.
Commonwealth Fund. EPSDT: an overview. September 22, 2005. Available at: http://www.commonwealthfund.org/Publications/Data-Briefs/2005/Sep/EPSDT-An-Overview.aspx. Accessed March 4, 2014.
- The future of disability in America: review of the Institute of Medicine report.Ambul Pediatr. 2008; 8: 71-72
- Youth and disability in the 21st century: the 2004 George Armstrong lecture of the Ambulatory Pediatric Association.Ambul Pediatr. 2004; 4: 402-406
- SCHIP at a crossroads: experiences to date and challenges ahead.Health Aff (Milwood). 2007; 26: 356-369
- Medicaid at the ten-year anniversary of SCHIP: looking back and moving forward.Health Aff (Millwood). 2007; 26: 370-381
- Identifying children’s health care quality measures for Medicaid and CHIP: an evidence-informed, publicly transparent expert process.Acad Pediatr. 2011; 11: S11-S21
- The Children’s Health Insurance Program Reauthorization Act quality measures initiatives: moving forward to improve measurement, care, and child and adolescent outcomes.Acad Pediatr. 2011; 11: S1-S10
- Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act: promise and peril for primary care.Ann Intern Med. 2010; 152: 742-744
- Reforming the Delivery System.Medpac, Washington, DC2008
Chaikind H. Health reform and the 111th Congress. Congressional Research Service. 2009. Available at: http://digitalcommons.ilr.cornell.edu/key_workplace/679/. Accessed March 4, 2014.
Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundation. A guide to the Supreme Court’s Affordable Care Act decision. July 2012. Available at: http://kff.org/health-reform/issue-brief/a-guide-to-the-supreme-courts-affordable/. Accessed March 4, 2014.
- Health insurance exchanges: implications for public health policy and practice.Public Health Rep. 2011; 126: 597-600
Congressional Budget Office. Updated estimates for the insurance coverage provisions of the Affordable Care Act. 2012. Available at: http://www.cbo.gov/publication/43076. Accessed March 4, 2014.
- The triple aim: care, health, and cost.Health Aff (Millwood). 2008; 27: 759-769
- Healthcare reform: Medicare and Medicaid Innovation Center. CMS provision will test new payment and service delivery models.Healthc Exec. 2010; 25 (60): 58
- The Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute (PCORI) national priorities for research and initial research agenda.JAMA. 2012; 307: 1583-1584
- Creating accountable care organizations: the extended hospital medical staff.Health Aff (Millwood). 2007; 26: w44-w57
- Accountable care at academic medical centers—lessons from Johns Hopkins.N Engl J Med. 2011; 364: e12
- Assessing an ACO prototype—Medicare’s physician group practice demonstration.N Engl J Med. 2011; 364: 198-200
- Public Health, Workforce, Quality, and Related Provisions in the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PL 111-148).CRS, Washington DC2010 (Available at)Accessed March 4, 2014)
- Teaching health centers: a new paradigm in graduate medical education.Acad Med. 2012; 87: 1752-1756
- Financing graduate medical education—mounting pressure for reform.N Engl J Med. 2012; 366: 1562-1563
- Child health services research: challenges and opportunities.JAMA. 1997; 277: 1787-1793
- The family-centered medical home: specific considerations for child health research and policy.Acad Pediatr. 2010; 10: 211-217
- Threading the needle—Medicaid and the 113th Congress.N Engl J Med. 2012; 367: 2368-2369
- Expanding public health insurance to parents: effects on children’s coverage under Medicaid.Health Serv Res. 2003; 38: 1283-1301
- The impact of new health insurance coverage on undocumented and other low-income children: lessons from three California counties.J Health Care Poor Underserved. 2010; 21: 109-124
Catalyst Center. The Affordable Care Act: a side-by-side comparison of major provisions and the implications for children and youth with special health care needs. February 2011. Available at: http://hdwg.org/sites/default/files/ACAsidebyside-catalystctr.pdf. Accessed March 4, 2014.
- The Affordable Care Act has led to significant gains in health insurance and access to care for young adults.Health Aff (Millwood). 2013; 32: 165-174
Committee on Child Health Financing. Children’s Health Insurance Program (CHIP): accomplishments, challenges, and policy recommendations. Pediatrics. In press.
- The patient protection and affordable care act and the future of child health policy.Acad Pediatr. 2012; 12: 363-364
American Academy of Pediatrics Department of Federal Affairs. Health reform and the AAP: what the new law means for children and pediatricians. Available at: http://www.aap.org/en-us/advocacy-and-policy/federal-advocacy/Documents/ACAImplementationFactSheets.pdf. Accessed March 4, 2014.
- In pursuit of a transformed health care system: from patient centered medical homes to accountable care organizations and beyond.Ann Fam Med. 2011; 9: 466-467
- Making good on ACOs’ promise—the final rule for the Medicare shared savings program.N Engl J Med. 2011; 365: 1753-1756
- Kaiser Commission brief describes Medicaid health homes.Psychiatr Serv. 2012; 63: 948-949
- Two-year impact of the alternative quality contract on pediatric health care quality and spending.Pediatrics. 2014; 133: 96-104
- Health reform and child health: progress, cautions, and future directions.Child Dev Perspectives. 2012; 6: 199-205
- Primary care pediatrics and public health: meeting the needs of today’s children.Am J Public Health. 2012; 102: e17-e23
- Home visiting and the family-centered medical home: synergistic services to promote child health.Acad Pediatr. 2013; 13: 3-5
- Cost savings associated with the use of community health centers.J Ambul Care Manage. 2012; 35: 50-59
- Disruptions in insurance coverage: patterns and relationship to health care access, unmet need, and utilization before enrollment in the State Children’s Health Insurance Program.Pediatrics. 2007; 120: e1009-e1016
- Health insurance and children with disabilities.Future Child. 2012; 22: 123-148
Health Care Innovation Award Project profiles. Available at: http://innovation.cms.gov/Files/x/HCIA-Project-Profiles.pdf. Accessed March 4, 2014.
- Will the evaluation of the ACA be health services research’s finest hour?.JAMA Forum. Accessed March 3, 2014; (Available at:)http://newsatjama.jama.com/2013/03/28/jama-forum-will-the-evaluation-of-the-aca-be-health-services-researchs-finest-hour/
- The Supreme Court and the future of Medicaid.N Engl J Med. 2012; 367: 983-985
Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality. CHIPRA measures by CHIPRA categories. Available at: http://www.ahrq.gov/policymakers/chipra/pqmpmeasures.html. Accessed March 4, 2014.
- Disseminating innovations in health care.JAMA. 2003; 289: 1969-1975
- Effectiveness, transportability, and dissemination of interventions: what matters when?.Psychiatr Serv. 2001; 52: 1190-1197
Patient-Centered Outcomes Research Institute. About us. Available at: http://www.pcori.org/about-us. Accessed March 3, 2104.
- A multi-institutional medical educational collaborative: advocacy training in California pediatric residency programs.Acad Med. 2013; 88: 314-321
Thibault G. Moving interprofessional education into the mainstream of health professions education. Health Aff GrantWatch Blog. Available at http://healthaffairs.org/blog/2012/06/15/moving-interprofessional-education-into-the-mainstream-of-health-professions-education/?cat=grantwatch. Accessed March 4, 2014.
- The health of safety net hospitals following Massachusetts health care reform: changes in volume, revenue, costs, and operating margins from 2006 to 2009.Int J Health Serv. 2013; 43: 321-335
- To create a better world for children and families: the case for ending childhood poverty.Acad Pediatr. 2013; 13: 83-90
The authors declare that they have no conflict of interest.