Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Mentoring and role models in recruitment and retention: a study of junior medical faculty perceptions.Med Teach. 2012; 35: e1-e9
- The impact of mentoring during postgraduate training on doctors' career success.Med Educ. 2011; 45: 488-496
- Mentoring, fellowship training and academic careers of women urologists.BJU Int. 2010; 105: 1629-1631
- Program directors' views of the importance and prevalence of mentoring in internal medicine residencies.J Gen Int Med. 2004; 19: 779-782
- Mentorship in postgraduate training programmes: views of Canadian programme directors.Med Educ. 2009; 43: 155-158
Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education. ACGME Program Requirements for Graduate Medical Education in Pediatrics. Available at: http://www.acgme.org/acgmeweb/Portals/0/PFAssets/2013-PR-FAQ-PIF/320_pediatrics_07012013.pdf. Accessed October 16, 2013.
- Defining the roles of advisors and mentors in postgraduate medical education: faculty perceptions, roles, responsibilities, and resource needs.J Grad Med Educ. 2010; 2: 195-200
- Characteristics of successful and failed mentoring relationships: a qualitative study across two academic health centers.Acad Med. 2013; 88: 82-89
- Promoting residents' professional development and academic productivity using a structured faculty mentoring program.Teach Learn Med. 2010; 22: 93-96
- A formal mentoring program in a pediatric residency.Acad Med. 1995; 70: 453-454
- Committee on Pediatric Workforce; American Academy of Pediatrics. Pediatrician workforce policy statement.Pediatrics. 2013; 132: 390-397
- Pediatric resident debt and career intentions.Pediatrics. 2013; 131: 312-318
- Pediatric training and career intentions, 2003-2009.Pediatrics. 2012; 129: 522-528
- Many pediatric residents seek and obtain part-time positions.Pediatrics. 2008; 121: 276-281
- Graduate medical education, 2011-2012.JAMA. 2012; 308: 2264-2279
- Graduate medical education, 2010-2011.JAMA. 2011; 306: 1015-1030
American Board of Pediatrics. Workforce Data 2012-2013. Available at: https://www.abp.org/abpwebsite/stats/wrkfrc/workforcebook.pdf. Accessed January 9, 2013.
- Mentoring matters.J Gen Int Med. 2006; 21: 340-345
- Demographic, educational, and psychosocial factors influencing the choices of primary care and academic medical careers.Acad Med. 1995; 70: 318-320
- Factors influencing choice of academic or practice careers in radiology.Invest Radiol. 1990; 25: 675-677
- Characteristics influencing career decisions of academic and nonacademic emergency physicians.Ann Emerg Med. 1994; 23: 81-87
- Are there predictors for future academic radiologists? A Canadian survey.Can Assoc Radiol J. 1992; 43: 369-373
- The pediatric workforce: an update on general pediatrics and pediatric subspecialties workforce data from the American Board of Pediatrics.J Pediatr. 2011; 159: 1036-1040.e3
Children's Hospital Association. Pediatric specialist physician shortages affect access to care. Available at: http://www.childrenshospitals.net/AM/Template.cfm?Template=/CM/ContentDisplay.cfm&ContentID=63293. Accessed October 16, 2013.
- Factors influencing the interests, career paths, and research activities of recent graduates from an academic, pediatric residency program.Pediatrics. 1993; 92: 436-441
- The development of scientific communication skills: a qualitative study of the perceptions of trainees and their mentors.Acad Med. 2013; 88: 1499-1506
- A proposed model for an optimal mentoring environment for medical residents: a literature review.Acad Med. 2010; 85: 1060-1066
- An initiative in mentoring to promote residents' and faculty members' careers.Acad Med. 2004; 79: 845-850
- Effects of perceptions and mentorship on pursuing a career in academic medicine in obstetrics and gynecology.Acad Med. 2001; 76: 628-634
- Becoming an academic doctor: perceptions of scholarly careers.Med Educ. 2009; 43: 335-341
- Career choice in academic medicine: systematic review.J Gen Int Med. 2006; 21: 1222-1229
American Academy of Pediatrics. Annual survey of graduating residents. Available at: http://www.aap.org/research/graduatingressurvey.htm. Accessed October 16, 2013.
The authors have no conflicts of interest to disclose.