Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Changes in prevalence of parent-reported autism spectrum disorder in school-aged US children: 2007 to 2011–2012.Natl Health Stat Report. 2013; 65: 1-7
- Prevalence of autism spectrum disorders—Autism and Developmental Disabilities Monitoring Network, 14 sites, United States, 2008.MMWR Surveillence Summ. 2012; 61: 1-19
- Depression and anxiety among parents and caregivers of autistic spectrum disorder children.Neurosciences (Riyadh). 2013; 18: 58-63
- Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder symptoms, adaptive functioning, and quality of life in children with autism spectrum disorder.Pediatrics. 2012; 130: S91-S97
- Parental report of health conditions and health care use among children with and without autism.Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med. 2006; 160: 825-830
- Comparison of indicators for primary care medical home between children with autism or asthma and other special health care needs.Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med. 2007; 161: 399-405
- The well-being of parental caregivers of children with activity limitations.Matern Child Health J. 2010; 14: 155-163
- Parental employment and health insurance coverage among school-aged children with special health care needs.Am J Public Health. 2000; 90: 1856-1860
- Financial burden for families of children with special health care needs.Matern Child Health J. 2005; 9: 207-218
- Pediatric mental health problems and associated burden on families.Vulnerable Child Youth Stud. 2011; 6: 222-233
- Health-related quality of life in parents of school-age children with Asperger syndrome or high-functioning autism.Health Qual Life Outcomes. 2006; 4: 1
- Mothers supporting children with autistic spectrum disorders: social support, mental health status and satisfaction with services.Autism. 2004; 8: 409-423
- Factors associated with stress in mothers of children with autism.Autism. 2005; 9: 416-427
- A national profile of the health care experiences and family impact of autism spectrum disorder among children in the United States, 2005–2006.Pediatrics. 2008; 122: e1149-e1158
- Child care problems and employment among families with preschool-aged children with autism in the United States.Pediatrics. 2008; 112: e202-e208
- The rise in autism and the role of age at diagnosis.Epidemiology. 2009; 20: 84-90
- The autism epidemic: fact or artifact?.J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry. 2007; 46: 721-730
- The contribution of diagnostic substitution to the growing administrative prevalence of autism in US special education.Pediatrics. 2006; 117: 1028-1037
- Financial and non-financial burden among families of CSHCN: changes between 2001 and 2009/10.Acad Pediatr. 2014; 14: 92-100
- Functional difficulties and health conditions among children with special health needs.Pediatrics. 2012; 129: e714-e722
- Health care use and health and functional impact of developmental disabilities among US children, 1997–2005.Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med. 2009; 163: 19-26
- Insurance for children with special health care needs: patterns of coverage and burden on families to provide adequate insurance.Pediatrics. 2004; 114: 394-403
- Out-of-pocket financial burden for low-income families with children: socioeconomic disparities and effects of insurance.Health Serv Res. 2005; 40: 1722-1736
- Profiling health and health-related services for children with special health care needs with and without disabilities.Acad Pediatr. 2011; 11: 508-516
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention; National Center for Health Statistics; State and Local Area Integrated Telephone Survey. 2009–2010 National Survey of Children With Special Health Care Needs frequently asked questions. December 2011. Available at: http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/slaits/cshcn.htm. Accessed April 15, 2014.
- A new definition of children with special health care needs.Pediatrics. 1998; 102: 137-140
- Identifying children with special health care needs: development and evaluation of a short screening tool.Ambul Pediatr. 2002; 2: 38-48
- Differentiating subgroups of children with special health care needs by health status and complexity of health care needs.Matern Child Health J. 2009; 13: 151-163
United States Department of Health and Human Services; Healthy People 2020. Maternal, infant, and child health: overview. Available at: http://healthypeople.gov/2020/topicsobjectives2020/overview.aspx?topicid=26. Accessed April 13, 2013.
- Predictors of psychiatric symptoms in children with an autism spectrum disorder.J Autism Dev Disord. 2008; 38: 1710-1720
- Factors associated with a patient-centered medical home among children with behavioral health conditions.Matern Child Health J. 2013; 17: 1658-1664
- The medical home for children with autism spectrum disorders: parent and pediatrician perspectives.J Autism Dev Disord. 2009; 40: 317-324
- Access to care for children with autism in the context of state Medicaid reimbursement.Matern Child Health J. 2012; 16: 1636-1644
- Services for children and adolescents with autism spectrum disorders: payment issues.Pediatr Ann. 2009; 38: 57-61
Association of Maternal and Child Health Programs. The Affordable Care Act and children and youth with autism spectrum disorder and other developmental disabilities. Issue brief. May 2012. Available at: http://www.amchp.org/programsandtopics/CYSHCN/resources/Documents/ACA_AutismFactSheet_5-3-12.pdf. Accessed April 15, 2014.
- Employment and post-secondary education activities for young adults with autism spectrum disorders during the transition to adulthood.J Autism Dev Disord. 2011; 41: 566-574
- Nonmedical interventions for children with ASD: recommended guidelines and further research needs.Pediatrics. 2012; 130: S169-S178
- Patient-reported measures of psychosocial issues and health behavior should be added to electronic health records.Health Aff. 2012; 31: 497-504
The authors declare that they have no conflict of interest.