Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Society for Simulation in Healthcare. What is simulation? Available at: http://ssih.org/about-simulation. Accessed May 15, 2013.
- Features and uses of high-fidelity medical simulations that lead to effective learning: a BME systematic review.Med Teach. 2005; 27: 10-28
- The use of simulation for pediatric training and assessment.Curr Opin Pediatr. 2009; 21: 282-287
- Simulation-based medical education: an ethical imperative.Simul Healthc. 2006; 4: 252-256
- Deliberate practice and the acquisition and maintenance of expert performance in medicine and related domains.Acad Med. 2004; 79: 70-81
- Practice makes perfect: risk-free medical training with patient simulators.JAMA. 2002; 288: 2811-2812
- The role of deliberate practice in the acquisition of clinical skills.BMC Med Educ. 2011; 11: 10
- Does simulation-based medical education with deliberate practice yield better results than traditional clinical education? A meta-analytic comparative review of the evidence.Acad Med. 2011; 86: 706-711
- Emergency medicine crisis resource management (EMCRM): a pilot study of a simulation-based crisis management course for emergency medicine.Acad Emerg Med. 2003; 10: 386-389
- A multi-institutional high fidelity simulation “boot camp” orientation and training program for pediatric critical care (PCC) fellows.Crit Care Med. 2006; 34: 121
- Using simulation to instruct emergency medicine residents in cognitive forcing strategies.Acad Med. 2004; 79: 438-446
- Technology-enhanced simulation for health professions education: a systematic review and meta-analysis.JAMA. 2011; 306: 978-988
- A worldwide survey of the use of simulation in anesthesia.Can J Anaesth. 2002; 49: 659-662
- Simulation-based education improves quality of care during cardiac arrest team responses at an academic teaching hospital; a case-control study.Chest. 2008; 133: 56-61
- Mastery learning of advanced cardiac life support skills by internal medicine residents using simulation technology and deliberate practice.J Gen Intern Med. 2006; 21: 251-256
- Enhancing pediatric clinical competency with high-fidelity simulation.J Contin Educ Nurs. 2010; 41: 418-423
- Simulation-based mock codes significantly correlate with improved pediatric patient cardiopulmonary arrest survival rates.Pediatr Crit Care Med. 2011; 12: 33-38
- Characteristics of simulation activities at North American medical schools and teaching hospitals: an AAMC-SSH-ASPE-AACN collaboration.Simul Healthc. 2012; 7: 329-333
- Simulation in medical student education: survey of clerkship directors in emergency medicine.West J Emerg Med. 2011; 12: 455-460
Liason Committee on Medical Education. ED-2. Available at: http://www.lcme.org/connections/connections_2013-2014/ED-2_2013-2014.htm. Accessed January 23, 2014.
- Simulation in the internal medicine clerkship: a national survey of internal medicine clerkship directors.Teach Learn Med. 2011; 23: 215-222
- Multi-institutional development and utilization of a computer-assisted learning program for the pediatrics clerkship: the CLIPP project.Acad Med. 2005; 13: 847-855
- High-fidelity simulation is superior to case-based discussion in teaching the management of shock.Med Teach. 2013; 35: e1003-e1010
- Evaluation of a simulation-based pediatric clinical skills curriculum for medical students.Simul Healthc. 2014; 9: 21-32
- Comparative analysis between objective structured clinical examination (OSCE) and conventional examination (CE) as a formative evaluation tool in pediatrics in semester examination for final MBBS students.Kathmandu Univ Med J. 2012; 10: 62-65
- A national survey of pediatric clerkship directors' approaches to meeting the LCMC ED-2 requirement for quantified patient criteria for medical students.Teach Learn Med. 2007; 19: 352-356
- Interprofessional simulation training improves knowledge and teamwork in nursing and medical students during internal medicine clerkships.J Hosp Med. 2014; 9: 189-192
- The use of simulation and a modified TeamSTEPPS curriculum for medical and nursing student team training.Simul Healthc. 2010; 5: 332-337
- Undergraduate interprofessional education using high-fidelity paediatric simulation.Clin Teach. 2010; 7: 90-96
Association of American Medical Colleges. Core competencies for interprofessional collaborative practice. Available at: https://www.aamc.org/download/186750/data/core_competencies.pdf. Accessed March 25, 2014.
The authors declare that they have no conflict of interest.