Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- The changing landscape of disability in childhood.Future Child. 2012; 22: 13-42
- Mental health in the United States: health care and well being of children with chronic emotional, behavioral, or developmental problems—United States, 2001.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2005; 54: 985-989
- Chronic mental health issues in children now loom larger than physical problems.JAMA. 2012; 308: 223-225
- Mental health surveillance among children—United States, 2005–2011.MMWR Surveill Summ. 2013; 62: 1-35
- Improving mental health services in primary care: reducing administrative and financial barriers to access and collaboration.Pediatrics. 2009; 123: 1248-1251
- Psychopathology in pediatric primary care: the new hidden morbidity.Pediatrics. 1988; 82: 415-424
- The continuing shortage of child and adolescent psychiatrists.J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry. 2006; 45: 1023-1031
- Primary care pediatricians’ roles and perceived responsibilities in the identification and management of depression in children and adolescents.Ambul Pediatr. 2001; 1: 91-98
- Final report of the FOPE II Education of the Pediatrician Workgroup.Pediatrics. 2000; 106: 1175-1198
- Identification and management of behavioral/mental health problems in primary care pediatrics: perceived strengths, challenges, and new delivery models.Clin Pediatr (Phila). 2012; 51: 978-982
- Do pediatricians think they are responsible for identification and management of child mental health problems? Results of the AAP periodic survey.Ambul Pediatr. 2008; 8: 11-17
- Is developmental and behavioral pediatrics training related to perceived responsibility for treating mental health problems?.Acad Pediatr. 2010; 10: 252-259
- Training gaps for pediatric residents planning a career in primary care: a qualitative and quantitative study.J Grad Med Educ. 2011; 3: 309-314
- Pediatric residency as preparation for primary care practice.Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med. 1997; 151: 78-83
- Research Advisory Committee of the American Board of Pediatrics. Recently trained general pediatricians: perspectives on residency training and scope of practice.Pediatrics. 2009; 123: S38-S43
- Policy statement. The future of pediatrics: mental health competencies for pediatric primary care.Pediatrics. 2009; 124: 410-421
American Academy of Pediatrics. Addressing mental health care in primary care: a clinician’s toolkit. Available at: http://www.aap.org/pcorss/demos/mht.html.
- Reported physician skills in the management of children’s mental health problems following an educational intervention.Acad Pediatr. 2009; 9: 164-171
- Adolescent depression: evaluating pediatric residents’ knowledge, confidence, and interpersonal skills using standardized patients.Acad Psychiatry. 2009; 33: 389-393
- Training pediatric residents and pediatricians about adolescent mental health problems: a proof-of-concept pilot for a proposed national curriculum.Acad Psychiatry. 2008; 32: 429-437
- Use of an electronic record audit to enhance mental health training for pediatric residents.Teach Learn Med. 2007; 19: 357-361
- Educating residents in behavioral health care and collaboration: comparison of conventional and integrated training models.Acad Med. 2011; 86: 174-179
- Integrating mental health services in primary care continuity clinics: a national CORNET study.Acad Pediatr. 2013; 13: 551-557
- Curriculum Development for Medical Education: A Six-Step Approach.2nd ed. Johns Hopkins University Press, Baltimore, MD2009
- Creating Medical Homes: Integrating Behavioral Health Services Into a Residency Training Pediatric Primary Care Clinic.University of Colorado School of Medicine, Denver, Colo2013
- Mental health and psychiatry training in primary care residency programs. Part II. What skills and diagnoses are taught, how adequate, and what affects training directors’ satisfaction?.Gen Hosp Psychiatry. 2006; 28: 195-204
- ADHD: clinical practice guideline for the diagnosis, evaluation, and treatment of attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder in children and adolescents.Pediatrics. 2011; 128: 1007-1022
- Identification and evaluation of children with autism spectrum disorders.Pediatrics. 2007; 120: 1183-1215
- Guidelines for Adolescent Depression in Primary Care (GLAD-PC): I. Identification, assessment, and initial management.Pediatrics. 2007; 120: e1299-e1312
- T-MAY Steering Group. Treatment of maladaptive aggression in youth: CERT guidelines I. Engagement, assessment, and management.Pediatrics. 2012; 129: e1562-e1576
- Treatment of maladaptive aggression in youth: CERT guidelines II. Treatments and ongoing management.Pediatrics. 2012; 129: e1577-e1586
- Educating residents in behavioral health care and collaboration: integrated clinical training of pediatric residents and psychology fellows.Acad Med. 2011; 86: 166-173
- Quality improvement educational practices in pediatric residency programs: survey of pediatric program directors.Acad Pediatr. 2014; 14: 23-28
- Education in professionalism: results from a survey of pediatric residency program directors.J Grad Med Educ. 2012; 4: 101-105
Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education. Common program requirements. Available at: https://www.acgme.org/acgmeweb/tabid/429/ProgramandInstitutionalAccreditation/CommonProgramRequirements.aspx.
The authors declare that they have no conflict of interest.