Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Entrustability of professional activities and competency-based training.Med Educ. 2005; 39: 1176-1177
- Assessing professional competence: from methods to programmes.Med Educ. 2005; 39: 309-317
- Implicit versus explicit curricular in general pediatrics education: is there a convergence?.Pediatrics. 2009; 124: e347-e354
- The sum of the parts detracts from the intended whole: competencies and in-training assessments.Med Educ. 2009; 43: 741-748
- Nuts and bolts of entrustable professional activities.J Grad Med Educ. 2013; 5: 157-158
- Competency-based postgraduate training: can we bridge the gap between theory and clinical practice?.Acad Med. 2007; 82: 542-547
Hauer KE, ten Cate O, Boscardin C, et al. Understanding trust as an essential element of trainee supervision and learning in the workplace. Adv Health Sci Educ Theory Pract. 2014;19:435-456.
- Competencies, outcomes, and controversy—linking professional activities to competencies to improve resident education and practice.Acad Med. 2011; 86 ([perspective]): 161-165
- When do supervising physicians decide to entrust residents with unsupervised tasks?.Acad Med. 2010; 85: 1408-1417
- Assessment of competence and progressive independence in post graduate clinical training.Med Educ. 2009; 43: 1156-1165
- Bedside teaching in the emergency department.Acad Emerg Med. 2006; 13: 860-866
- Variables associated with medication errors in pediatric emergency medicine.Pediatrics. 2002; 110: 737-742
- Creating effective learning in today's emergency departments: how accomplished teachers get it done.Ann Emerg Med. 2005; 45: 253-261
- The spectrum and frequency of critical procedures performed in a pediatric emergency department: implications of a provider-level view.Ann Emerg Med. 2013; 61: 263-270
- Pediatric emergency medicine experience: requirements versus reality.J Grad Med Educ. 2010; 2: 571-576
- Pediatric residents in the emergency department: what is their experience?.Ann Emerg Med. 1998; 31: 49-53
- Are pediatric interns prepared to perform infant lumbar punctures? A multi-institutional descriptive study.Pediatr Emerg Care. 2013; 29: 453-457
- Interns' success with clinical procedures in infants after simulation training.Pediatrics. 2013; 131: e811-e820
- From Flexner to competencies: reflections on a decade and the journey ahead.Acad Med. 2013; 88: 1067-1073
- Beyond competencies and milestones: adding meaning through context.J Grad Med Educ. 2010; 2: 419-422
- Depth interviewing.in: Crabtree B. Miller W. Doing Qualitative Research. 2nd ed. Sage, Thousand Oaks, Calif1999: 89-107
- Qualitative research methods for medical educators.Acad Pediatr. 2011; 11: 375-386
- Constructing Grounded Theory: A Practical Guide Through Qualitative Analysis.Sage Publications, Newbury Park, Calif2006
- Basics of Qualitative Research: Grounded Theory Procedures and Techniques.Sage Publications, Newbury Park, Calif1990
- Qualitative Data Analysis: An Expanded Sourcebook.Sage Publications, Thousand Oaks, Calif1994
- Point-of-care assessment of medical trainee competence for independent clinical work.Acad Med. 2008; 83: S89-S92
Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education. ACGME program requirements for graduate medical education in pediatrics. Approved September 30, 2012. http://www.acgme.org/acgmeweb/Portals/0/PFAssets/2013-PR-FAQ-PIF/320_pediatrics_07012013.pdf.
- Accuracy of physician self-assessment compared with observed measures of competence: a systematic review.JAMA. 2006; 296: 1094-1102
- Clinical skills in junior medical officers: a comparison of self-reported confidence and observed competence.Med Educ. 2004; 38: 358-367
- Impact of educational intervention on confidence and competence in the performance of a simple surgical task.J Bone Joint Surg Am. 2005; 87: 1031-1037
- A study of pre-registration house officers' clinical skills.Med Educ. 2000; 34: 1007-1012
- Exploring the divergence between self-assessment and self-monitoring.Adv Health Sci Educ Theory Pract. 2011; 16: 311-329
- Self-assessment, self-direction, and the self-regulating professional.Clin Orthop Relat Res. 2006; 449: 34-38
- Level of trainee and tracheal intubation outcomes.Pediatrics. 2013; 131: e821-e828
- Neonatal intubation performance: room for improvement in tertiary neonatal intensive care units.Resuscitation. 2013; 84: 1359-1364
- Local anesthetic and stylet styles: factors associated with resident lumbar puncture success.Pediatrics. 2006; 117: 876-881
The authors declare that they have no conflict of interest.
The authors would like to acknowledge the R Baby Foundation for their financial support related to this project and the transcription of manuscripts.