Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Factors that influence receipt of recommended preventive pediatric health and dental care.Pediatrics. 2002; 110: e73
- Utility of a summative scale based on the Children with Special Health Care Needs (CSHCN) Screener to identify CSHCN with special dental care needs.Matern Child Health J. 2012; 16: 1164-1172
- Unmet dental care needs among children with special health care needs: implications for the medical home.Pediatrics. 2005; 116: e426-e431
- Summary health statistics for U.S. children: National Health Interview Survey, 2010.Vital Health Stat 10. 2011 Dec; : 1-80
- Surgeon General. Oral Health in America: A Report of the Surgeon General. United States Dept of Health and Human Services, National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research, National Institutes of Health, Rockville, MD2000
- Improving Access to Oral Health Care for Vulnerable and Underserved Populations.National Academies Press, Washington, DC2011
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Prevalence of the Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASDs) in Multiple Areas of the United States, 2004 and 2006: Community Report from the Autism and Developmental Disabilities Monitoring (ADDM) Network. 2006.
- Prevalence of Autism Spectrum Disorders — Autism and Developmental Disabilities Monitoring Network, 14 Sites, United States, 2008.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2012; 61: 1-19
- Changes in prevalence of parent-reported autism spectrum disorder in school-aged U.S. children: 2007 to 2011–2012.Natl Health Stat Report. 2013; (1 p following 11): 1-11
- Dental needs and status of autistic children: results from the National Survey of Children's Health.Pediatr Dent. Jan-Feb 2008; 30: 54-58
- Dental care and children with special health care needs: a population-based perspective.Acad Pediatr. Nov-Dec 2009; 9: 420-426
- Oral care and sensory over-responsivity in children with autism spectrum disorders.Pediatr Dent. 2013; 35: 230-235
- Oral care experiences and challenges in children with autism spectrum disorders.Pediatr Dent. 2012; 34: 387-391
- Oral care and sensory sensitivities in children with autism spectrum disorders.Spec Care Dentist. 2011; 31: 102-110
- Unmet dental needs and barriers to dental care among children with autism spectrum disorders.J Autism Dev Disord. 2012; 42: 1294-1303
- Barriers to dental care for children in Virginia with autism spectrum disorders.J Dent Child (Chic). 2009; 76: 188-193
- Unmet dental needs and barriers to care for children with significant special health care needs.Pediatr Dent. 2011; 33: 29-36
- The medical home: health care access and impact for children and youth in the United States.Pediatrics. 2011; 127: 604-611
- Medical homes for children with special health care needs: a program evaluation.J Health Care Poor Underserved. 2007; 18: 916-930
- A review of the evidence for the medical home for children with special health care needs.Pediatrics. 2008; 122: e922-e937
Data Resource Center for Child & Adolescent Health. Child and Adolescent Health Measurement Initiative (CAHMI). 2009-2010 NS-CSHCN: SAS Code for Data Users: Child Health Mesasures, Indicator and Subgroups, Version 1. May 2012. Available at: www.childhealthdata.org/learn/methods#Codebooks. Accessed July 27, 2014.
Data Resource Center for Child & Adolescent Health. Child and Adolescent Health Measurement Initiative (CAHMI). National Survey of Children with Special Healthcare Needs (2009/10 NS-CSHCN): Fast Facts. Available at: http://www.childhealthdata.org/docs/default-document-library/ns-cshcn-fast-facts-2009.pdf. Accessed July 1, 2013.
Data Resource Center for Child & Adolescent Health. 2009/10 National Survey of Children with Special Health Care Needs (2009/10 NS-CSHCN). Sampling and Survey Administration Process. Available at: http://childhealthdata.org/docs/default-document-library/2009-nscshcn-survey-sampling-administration.pdf. Accessed November 21, 2013.
- Identifying children with special health care needs: development and evaluation of a short screening instrument.Ambul Pediatr. 2002; 2: 38-48
- A new definition of children with special health care needs.Pediatrics. 1998; 102: 137-140
Data Resource Center for Child & Adolescent Health. Child and Adolescent Health Measurement Initiative (CAHMI). National Survey of Children with Special Health Care Needs (NS-CSHCN), 2009-2010: Guide to Topics & Questions Asked. Available at: www.childhealthdata.org/learn/topics_questions. Accessed July 27, 2014.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD). Data & Statistics. Available at: http://www.cdc.gov/ncbddd/autism/data.html. Accessed May 22, 2014.
- Early preventive dental visits: effects on subsequent utilization and costs.Pediatrics. 2004; 114: e418-e423
Health and Human Services. Visits to a dentist during the past year among those aged 2 years and older. Available at: http://drc.hhs.gov/report/dqs_tables/pdf/4.pdf. Accessed May 28, 2014.
Data Resource Center for Child & Adolescent Health. 2009–2010 National Survey of Children with Special Health Care Needs. Available at: http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/slaits/NS_CSHCN_Questionnaire_09_10.pdf. Accessed May 21, 2014.
- Measuring Medical Home for Children and Youth: Methods and Findings from the National Survey of Children with Special Health Care Needs and the National Survey of Children's Health.Oregon Health Sciences University, 2009
- Policy statement: organizational principles to guide and define the child health care system and/or improve the health of all children.Pediatrics. 2004; 113: 1545-1547
- Policy on the dental home.Pediatr Dent. 2008; 30: 22-23
- Oral health risk assessment timing and establishment of the dental home.Pediatrics. 2003; 111: 1113-1116
- Dental screening and referral of young children by pediatric primary care providers.Pediatrics. 2004; 114: e642-e652
- How a North Carolina program boosted preventive oral health services for low-income children.Health Aff (Millwood). 2010; 29: 2278-2285
Pew Charitable Trusts. Reimbursing Physicians for Fluoride Varnish. Available at: http://www.pewstates.org/research/analysis/reimbursing-physicians-for-fluoride-varnish-85899377335. Accessed February 23, 2014.
- Access and utilization of dental services by Alabama Medicaid-enrolled children: a parent perspective.Pediatr Dent. 2005; 27: 414-421
- Behavioral management for patients with intellectual and developmental disorders.Dent Clin North Am. 2009; 53: 359-373, xi
- Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders.5th ed. American Psychiatric Publishing, Arlington, Va2013
The authors have no conflicts of interest to disclose.