Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Prevalence of obesity and trends in body mass index among US children and adolescents, 1999–2010.JAMA. 2012; 307: 483-490
- Dissecting obesogenic environments: the development and application of a framework for identifying and prioritizing environmental interventions for obesity.Prev Med. 1999; 29: 563-570
- A systems-oriented multilevel framework for addressing obesity in the 21st century.Prev Chronic Dis. 2009; 6: A82
- The Power of Positive Deviance: How Unlikely Innovators Solve the World’s Toughest Problems.Harvard Business Press, Boston, Mass2010
- The power of positive deviance.BMJ. 2004; 329: 1177-1179
- A positive deviance–based antenatal nutrition project improves birth-weight in Upper Egypt.J Health Popul Nutr. 2006; 24: 498-507
- Using positive deviance techniques to improve smoking cessation outcomes in New South Wales prison settings.Health Promot Austr. 2008; 19: 72-73
- Research in action: using positive deviance to improve quality of health care.Implement Sci. 2009; 4: 25
- Amount of food group variety consumed in the diet and long-term weight loss maintenance.Obes Res. 2005; 13: 883-890
- Long-term weight loss and breakfast in subjects in the National Weight Control Registry.Obes Res. 2002; 10: 78-82
- Consistent self-monitoring of weight: a key component of successful weight loss maintenance.Obesity. 2007; 15: 3091-3096
- Television viewing and long-term weight maintenance: results from the National Weight Control Registry.Obesity. 2006; 14: 1816-1824
- Using positive deviance for determining successful weight-control practices.Qual Health Res. 2011; 21: 563-579
- Study design in qualitative research—2: sampling and data collection strategies.Educ Health. 2000; 13: 263-271
- 2000 CDC growth charts for the United States: methods and development.Vital Health Stat. 2002; : 1-190
Massachsetts Department of Public Health. The status of childhood weight in Massachusetts, 2011. Available at: http://www.mass.gov/eohhs/docs/dph/com-health/school/status-childhood-obesity-2011.pdf. Accessed February 18, 2014.
- Reducing social disparities in tobacco use: a social-contextual model for reducing tobacco use among blue-collar workers.Am J Public Health. 2004; 94: 230-239
- Immersion/crystallization.in: Crabtree B. Miller W. Doing Qualitative Research. Sage Publications, Thousand Oaks, Calif1999: 179-194
- Crystallization processes at the surface of polylactic acid–bioactive glass composites during immersion in simulated body fluid.J Biomed Mater Res B Appl Biomater. 2011; 99: 412-419
- Maternal perceptions of weight status of children.Pediatrics. 2003; 111: 1226-1231
- Childhood obesity: do parents recognize this health risk?.Obes Res. 2003; 11: 1362-1368
- Use of a pediatrician toolkit to address parental perception of children's weight status, nutrition, and activity behaviors.Acad Pediatr. 2010; 10: 274-281
- Parents' perceptions of their child's weight and health.Pediatrics. 2006; 117: 681-690
- Factors associated with parental recognition of a child's overweight status—a cross sectional study.BMC Public Health. 2011; 11: 665
- Parenting an overweight or obese child: a process of ambivalence.J Child Health Care. 2011; 15: 71-80
- Parental perceptions regarding healthy behaviours for preventing overweight and obesity in young children: a systematic review of qualitative studies.Obes Rev. 2010; 11: 338-353
- A qualitative assessment of barriers and facilitators to achieving behavior goals among obese inner-city adolescents in a weight management program.Diabetes Educ. 2008; 34: 277-284
- Adolescent–parent interactions and communication preferences regarding body weight and weight management: a qualitative study.Int J Behav Nutr Phys Activity. 2010; 7: 16
- Parents' journey through treatment for their child's obesity: a qualitative study.Arch Dis Child. 2008; 93: 35-39
- Why don't low-income mothers worry about their preschoolers being overweight?.Pediatrics. 2001; 107: 1138-1146
- Evaluating parents and adult caregivers as “agents of change” for treating obese children: evidence for parent behavior change strategies and research gaps: a scientific statement from the American Heart Association.Circulation. 2012; 125: 1186-1207
- Association between parenting practices and children’s dietary intake, activity behavior and development of body mass index: the KOALA Birth Cohort Study.Int J Behav Nutr Phys Activity. 2011; 8: 18
United States Census Bureau. State and county quick facts, Massachusetts. Available at: http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/states/25000.html. Accessed July 9, 2014.
- Rising social inequalities in US childhood obesity, 2003–2007.Ann Epidemiol. 2010; 20: 40-52
- Randomized controlled trial to improve primary care to prevent and manage childhood obesity: the High Five for Kids study.Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med. 2011; 165: 714-722
The authors declare that they have no conflict of interest.