Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Community health workers, promotores, and parent mentors: innovative, community-based approaches to improving the health and healthcare of children.in: Shapiro L. Big Ideas 2012: Children in the Southwest. First Focus, Washington, DC2012 (Available at:)http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CB4QFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Ffirstfocus.net%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2012%2F07%2FBig-Ideas-Children-in-the-Southwest-Report.pdf&ei=4EM1VM_OE4WzyASzr4H4Dw&usg=AFQjCNF9wpRk2gYvUSH3Oc5AZhJwLY0-CA&sig2=--BMrapb6g9esYnc5BTE5A(Accessed October 8, 2014)
- Outcomes of community health worker interventions. Evidence Report/Technology Assessment No. 181. Prepared by the RTI International–University of North Carolina Evidence-based Practice Center under contract 290 2007 10056 I. AHRQ Publication 09-E014.Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, Rockville, Md2009 (Available at: http://www.ahrq.gov/research/findings/evidence-based-reports/comhwork-evidence-report.pdf. Accessed October 8, 2014.)
- Lay health workers in primary and community health care for maternal and child health and the management of infectious diseases.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2010; : CD004015
- A randomized, controlled trial of the effectiveness of community-based case management in insuring uninsured Latino children.Pediatrics. 2005; 116: 1433-1441
- Improving asthma outcomes in minority children: a randomized, controlled trial of parent mentors.Pediatrics. 2009; 124: 1522-1532
- How Medicaid and the State Children's Health Insurance Program can do a better job of insuring uninsured children: the perspectives of parents of uninsured Latino children.Ambul Pediatr. 2005; 5: 332-340
Leverenz D, Flores G, Bridon C. Why are so many eligible children still uninsured? The perspectives of parents of uninsured African-American children. Paper presented at the 2010 American Public Health Association meeting. Available at: https://apha.confex.com/apha/138am/webprogram/Paper219447.html. Accessed October 8, 2014.
DeNavas-Walt C, Proctor BD, Smith JC; US Census Bureau. Income, Poverty, and Health Insurance Coverage in the United States, 2012. Washington, DC: US Government Printing Office; 2013. Current Population Report P60-245. Available at: http://www.census.gov/prod/2013pubs/p60-245.pdf. Accessed October 8, 2014.
- Gains for Children: Increased Participation in Medicaid and CHIP in 2009.Urban Institute, Washington, DC2011 (Available at:)Accessed October 8, 2014)
Fish-Parcham C. Navigators need not be licensed as insurance brokers or agents. Families USA Issue Brief, March 2011. Available at: http://familiesusa.org/product/navigators-need-not-be-licensed-insurance-brokers-or-agents. Accessed October 8, 2014.
The authors declare that they have no conflict of interest.