Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Report to the Congress on Medicaid and CHIP: June 2014.Medicaid and CHIP Payment and Access Commission, Washington, DC2014
- A new opportunity to define health care reform for children.JAMA Pediatr. 2014; 168: 503-504
- Children's health care and the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act: what's at stake?.JAMA Pediatr. 2014; 168: 505-506
- Children with special health care needs enrolled in the State Children's Health Insurance Program (SCHIP): patient characteristics and health care needs.Pediatrics. 2003; 112: e508
- A new definition of children with special health care needs.Pediatrics. 1998; 102: 137-139
- Identifying children with special health care needs: development and evaluation of a short screening instrument.Ambul Pediatr. 2002; 2: 38-48
- Prevalence and characteristics of children with special health care needs.Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med. 2004; 158: 884-890
- Unmet need for routine and specialty care: data from the National Survey of Children With Special Health Care Needs.Pediatrics. 2004; 113: e109-e115
- Role of insurance for children with special health care needs: a synthesis of the evidence.Pediatrics. 2006; 118: e1027-e1038
- Progress in ensuring adequate health insurance for children with special health care needs.Pediatrics. 2009; 124: 1273-1280
- The future of health insurance for children with special health care needs.Pediatrics. 2009; 123: e940-e947
- Are We Responding to Their Needs? States' Early Experiences Serving Children With Special Health Care Needs under SCHIP.Urban Institute, Washington, DC2001 (Available at:)Accessed January 29, 2015)
- SCHIP's impact in three states: how do the most vulnerable children fare?.Health Aff (Millwood). 2004; 23: 63-75
- Improved health care among children with special health care needs after enrollment into the State Children's Health Insurance Program.Ambul Pediatr. 2007; 7: 10-17
- Improved asthma care after enrollment in the State Children's Health Insurance Program in New York.Pediatrics. 2006; 117: 486-496
- Effects of the State Children's Health Insurance Program expansions on children with chronic health conditions.Pediatrics. 2005; 116: e34-e42
- The Experiences of SCHIP Enrollees and Disenrollees in 10 States: Findings from the Congressionally Mandated SCHIP Evaluation.(Princeton, NJ: Mathematica Policy Research) Urban Institute, Washington, DC2005 (Available at:)Accessed January 29, 2015)
- CHIPRA Mandated Evaluation of the Children's Health Insurance Program: Final Findings.(Report submitted to the Office of the Assistant Secretary for Planning and Evaluation) Mathematica Policy Research, Ann Arbor, Mich2014 (Available at:)Accessed on January 28, 2015)
Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundatation. Number of children ever enrolled in the Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP). Available at: http://kff.org/other/state-indicator/annual-chip-enrollment. Accessed June 3, 2014.
- Methods for the 2012 Survey of Medicaid and CHIP Enrollees and Disenrollees: Report submitted to the US Department of Health and Human Services, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Planning and Evaluation.Mathematica Policy Research, Washington, DC2014
- The Children's Health Insurance Program Reauthorization Act evaluation findings on children's health insurance coverage in an evolving health care landscape.Acad Pediatr. 2015; 15: S1-S6
- Using existing population-based data sets to measure the American Academy of Pediatrics definition of medical home for all children and children with special health care needs.Pediatrics. 2004; 113: 1529-1537
National Center for Health Statistics. National Survey of Children's Health. Available at: http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/slaits/nsch.htm. Accessed June 3, 2014.
National Center for Health Statistics. National Survey of Children with Special Health Care Needs. Available at: http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/slaits/cshcn.htm. Accessed June 3, 2014.
- CHIP—evolving to meet the needs of children.Acad Pediatr. 2015; 15: S19-S27
- Improving coverage for children under health reform will require maintaining current eligibility standards for Medicaid and CHIP.Health Aff (Millwood). 2011; 30: 2371-2381
- A national profile of caregiver challenges among more medically complex children with special health care needs.Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med. 2011; 165: 1020-1026
- Satisfaction with care and ease of using health care services among parents of children with special health care needs: the roles of race/ethnicity, insurance, language, and adequacy of family-centered care.Pediatrics. 2006; 117: 1184-1196
- Understanding factors associated with work loss for families caring for CSHCN.Pediatrics. 2009; 124: S392-S398
- Comparison of Benefits and Cost Sharing in Children's Health Insurance Programs to Qualified Health Plans.Wakely Consulting Group, Englewood, Colo2014
- A Comparative Review of Essential Health Benefits Pertinent to Children in Large Federal, State, and Small Group Health Insurance Plans: Implications for Selecting State Benchmark Plans.American Academy of Pediatrics, Elk Grove Village, Ill2012
- Validity of maternal report of acute health care use for children younger than 3 years.Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med. 2005; 159: 167-172
The authors declare that they have no conflict of interest.