Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Oral Health in America: A Report of the Surgeon General.Health and Human Services; National Institutes of Health; National Institute of Dental and Craniofacial Research, Rockville, Md2000
- Putting teeth in CHIP: 1997–2009 retrospective of congressional action on children's oral health.Acad Pediatr. 2009; 9: 467-475
- Gaps in Prevention and Treatment: Dental Care for Low-Income Children.Urban Institute, Washington, DC2000 (Policy Brief B-15)
- Preventive dental care and unmet dental needs among low-income children.Am J Public Health. 2005; 95: 1360-1366
- Factors that influence receipt of recommended preventive pediatric health and dental care.Pediatrics. 2002; 110: e73
- Variations in children's dental service use based on four national health surveys.Pediatrics. 2012; 130: e1182-e1189
- The Department of Health and Human Services 2013 Annual Report on the Quality of Care for Children in Medicaid and CHIP.US Department of Health and Human Services, Washington, DC2013 (Available at:)http://www.medicaid.gov/Medicaid-CHIP-Program-Information/By-Topics/Quality-of-Care/Downloads/2013-Ann-Sec-Rept.pdf(Accessed March 17, 2015)
- Improving oral health care delivery in Medicaid and CHIP: a toolkit for states.(Available at:)http://www.medicaid.gov/Medicaid-CHIP-Program-Information/By-Topics/Benefits/Downloads/Oral-Health-Quality-Improvement-Toolkit-for-States.pdf(Accessed March 17, 2015)Date: 2014
- CHIPRA 10-State Evaluation: Evaluation Design Report.(Princeton, NJ: Mathematica Policy Research) Urban Institute, Washington, DC2011
Henry J. Kaiser Family Foundatation. Number of children ever enrolled in the Children's Health Insurance Program. Available at: http://kff.org/other/state-indicator/annual-chip-enrollment. Accessed March 17, 2015.
- Methods for the 2012 Survey of Medicaid and CHIP Enrollees and Disenrollees. Report submitted to the US Department of Health and Human Services, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Planning and Evaluation.Mathematica Policy Research, Washington, DC2014
- How well CHIP and Medicaid are addressing health care access and affordability for children.in: Harrington M. Kenney G.M. Smith K. CHIPRA Mandated Evaluation of the Children's Health Insurance Program: Findings from the 2012 Survey of CHIP and Medicaid Enrollees and Disenrollees. Report submitted to the US Department of Health and Human Services, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Planning and Evaluation. Princeton, NJ: Mathematica Policy Research. Urban Institute, Washington, DC2014: 67-82
US Department of Health and Human Services. Healthy People 2020. Available at: http://www.healthypeople.gov/2020/leading-health-indicators/2020-lhi-topics/Oral-Health/data?tab=data#oh-12--2. Accessed March 17, 2015.
- Guideline on Periodicity of Examination, Preventive Dental Services, Anticipatory Guidance/Counseling, and Oral Treatment for infants, Children, and Adolescents.(Available at:)Accessed March 17, 2015)
- A cross sectional study examining social desirability bias in caregiver reporting of children's oral health behaviors.BMC Oral Health. 2013; 13: 24
Clemans-Cope L, Kenney GM, Waidmann T, et al. How well CHIP and Medicaid are addressing health care access and affordability for children. 2014. Memo submitted to the US Department of Health and Human Services, Office of the Assistant Secretary for Planning and Evaluation.
- Urban Institute. National findings on access to health care and service use for children enrolled in Medicaid or CHIP.MACPAC Contractor Report. 2012; 1 (Available at:)
- Symposium on lifetime oral health care for patients with special needs.Pediatr Dent. 2007; 29: 92-152
American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry. Guideline on Management of Dental Patients with Special Health Care Needs. 2012. Reference Manual 35(6). Available at: http://www.aapd.org/media/Policies_Guidelines/G_SHCN.pdf. Accessed March 17, 2015.
- Oral health checkup: progress in tough fiscal times?.NHPF Issue Brief. 2010; : 1-18
- The effect of Medicaid payment rates on access to dental care among children.National Bureau of Economic Research, Cambridge, Mass2013 (NBER Working Paper 19218)
- Validity of self-reported periodontal status in the Florida dental care study.J Periodontol. 2007; 78: 1429-1438
American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry. Guideline on Infant Oral Health Care. Revised 2014. Reference Manual 35(6). Available at: http://www.aapd.org/media/Policies_Guidelines/G_infantOralHealthCare.pdf. Accessed March 17, 2015.
The authors declare that they have no conflict of interest.