Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Trends in the prevalence of developmental disabilities in US children, 1997–2008.Pediatrics. 2011; 127: 1034-1042
- Changes in parent-reported prevalence of autism spectrum disorder in school-aged US children: 2007 to 2011–12.National Health Statistics Reports. 2013; 65 (Available at: http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nhsr/nhsr065.pdf. Accessed May 6, 2015)
- Developmental Disabilities Monitoring Network Surveillance Year 2010 Principal Investigators. Prevalence of autism spectrum disorder among children aged 8 years—autism and developmental disabilities monitoring network, 11 sites, United States, 2010.MMWR Surveill Summ. 2014; 63: 1-21
- Intellectual, academic, and behavioral functioning of students with high-incidence disabilities: a cross-categorical meta-analysis.Except Child. 2005; 72: 47-63
- Math growth trajectories of students with disabilities: disability category, racial, and socioeconomic status differences from ages 7 to 17.Remedial Spec Educ. 2013; 34: 154-165
- Growth in reading achievement of students with disabilities, ages 7 to 17.Except Child. 2011; 78: 89-106
- Health care use and functional impact of developmental disabilities among US children, 1997–2005.Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med. 2009; 163: 19-26
- Concurrent medical conditions and health care use and needs among children with learning and behavioral developmental disabilities, National Health Interview Survey, 2006–2010.Res Dev Disabil. 2012; 33: 467-476
- Health care access and treatment for children with co-morbid autism and psychiatric conditions.Soc Psychiatry Pscyhiatr Epidemiol. 2012; 47: 1807-1814
- Implications of childhood autism for parental employment and earnings.Pediatrics. 2012; 129: 617-623
- Do children with developmental disabilities and mental health conditions have greater difficulty using health services than children with physical disorders?.Matern Child Health J. 2011; 15: 634-641
- A national profile of the health care experiences and family impact of autism spectrum disorder among children in the United States, 2005–2006.Pediatrics. 2008; 122: e1149-e1158
- A national and state profile of leading health problems and health care quality for US children: key insurance disparities and across-state variations.Acad Pediatr. 2011; 11: S22-S33
- Family impacts among children with autism spectrum disorder: the role of health care quality.Acad Pediatr. 2014; 14: 398-407
- Does race influence age of diagnosis for children with developmental delay?.Disabil Health J. 2008; 1: 157-162
Individuals With Disabilities Education Act, 20 USC §1400 (2004).
Child Trends. Individualized education plans: indicators on children and youth. September 2012. Available at: http://www.childtrends.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/98_Children_With_an_IEP.pdf. Accessed May 6, 2015.
- The ICD-10 Classification of Mental and Behavioural Disorders: Clinical Descriptions and Diagnostic Guidelines.World Health Organization, Geneva1992
- Disparity of care for children with parent-reported autism spectrum disorders.Acad Pediatr. 2013; 13: 334-339
- Characteristics of school-age children with autism.J Dev Behav Pediatr. 2006; 27: 379-385
- Examining the quality of IEPs for young children with autism.J Autism Dev Disord. 2010; 40: 1459-1470
- The National Survey of Children With Special Health Care Needs Chartbook.US Dept of Health and Human Services, Rockville, Md2009–2010
- The medical home.Pediatrics. 2002; 110: 184
- The pediatrician's role in development and implementation of an individual education plan (IEP) and/or an individual family service plan (IFSP).Pediatrics. 1999; 104: 124
- The Medical Home and Early Intervention: Linking Services for Children With Special Needs.American Academy of Pediatrics, Elk Grove Village, Ill1995
- Pediatricians’ knowledge, attitudes, and practice patterns regarding special education and individualized education programs.Acad Pediatr. 2013; 13: 430-435
- Unmet need and problems accessing core health care services for children with autism spectrum disorder.Matern Child Health J. 2012; 16: 1081-1091
- Health care access for children with special health care needs in California.Matern Child Health J. 2005; 9: S109-S116
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention; National Center for Health Statistics; State and Local Area Integrated Telephone Survey. 2009–2010 National Survey of Children With Special Health Care Needs frequently asked questions. December 2011. Available at: http://www.hrsa.gov/ourstories/schoolhealthcenters/. Accessed May 6, 2015.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention; National Center for Health Statistics; State and Local Area Integrated Telephone Survey. 2011 Survey of Pathways to Diagnosis and Services frequently asked questions. April 2012. Available at: http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/slaits/PathwaysFAQ.pdf. Accessed May 6, 2015.
- A framework for the study of access to medical care.Health Serv Res. 1974; 9: 208-220
- A simple sequentially rejective multiple test procedure.Scand J Stat. 1979; 6: 65-70
- The receipt of special education services following elementary school grade retention.Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med. 2009; 163: 547-553
- Prevalence and characteristics of school services for high school students with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder.School Ment Health. 2014; 1: 264-278
- Long-term effects of prenatal and infancy nurse home visitation on the life course of youth: 19-year follow-up of a randomized trial.Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med. 2010; 164: 9-15
US Department of Health and Human Services; Health Resources and Services Administration; Bureau of Primary Health Care. School-Based Health Centers. Available at: http://www.hrsa.gov/ourstories/schoolhealthcenters/. Accessed May 6, 2015.
The authors declare that they have no conflict of interest.