Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- What it will take to achieve the as-yet-unfulfilled promises of health information technology.Health Aff (Millwood). 2013; 32: 63-68
- Standards for pediatric immunization practices. Recommended by the National Vaccine Advisory Committee.MMWR Recomm Rep. 1993; 42: 1-10
- Standards for child and adolescent immunization practices.Pediatrics. 2003; 112: 958-963
- National Childhood Vaccine Injury Act: requirements for permanent vaccination records and for reporting of selected events after vaccination.Ohio Med. 1988; 84: 754-756
- Vaccine administration.(Available at:)Accessed February 7, 2013)
- Red Book: Report of the Committee on Infectious Diseases.29th ed. American Academy of Pediatrics, Elk Grove Village, Ill2012
- Frequency and causes of vaccine wastage.Vaccine. 2002; 20: 1148-1156
- Pediatric vaccination errors: application of the “5 rights” framework to a national error reporting database.Vaccine. 2009; 27: 3890-3896
- Evaluating the accuracy of transcribed computer-stored immunization data.Pediatrics. 1994; 94: 902-906
- Progress in immunization information systems—United States, 2011.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2013; 62: 48-51
Deloitte Consulting. 2D vaccine barcode pilot resources. Available at: http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/programs/iis/2d-vaccine-barcodes/downloads/education-forum-report.pdf. Accessed February 7, 2013.
- Sentinel physician networks as a technique for rapid immunization policy surveys.Eval Health Prof. 2008; 31: 43-64
- Internet, Mail and Mixed-Mode Surveys: The Tailored Desgin Method.3rd ed. Wiley, New York, NY2009
- Comparison of e-mail, fax, and postal surveys of pediatricians.Pediatrics. 2003; 111: e299-e303
- Immunization information systems: a decade of progress in law and policy.J Public Health Manag Pract. 2015; 21: 296-303
- Use and characteristics of electronic health record systems among office-based physician practices: United States, 2001–2012.NCHS Data Brief. 2012; : 1-8
- Pediatricians' use of health information technology: a national survey.Pediatrics. 2012; 130: e1441-e1446
- Escaping the EHR trap—the future of health IT.N Engl J Med. 2012; 366: 2240-2242
Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services. 2014 definition stage 1 of meaningful use. Available at: http://www.cms.gov/Regulations-and-Guidance/Legislation/EHRIncentivePrograms/Meaningful_Use.html. Accessed October 6, 2014.
- Guide to community preventive services. Universally recommended vaccinations: immunization information systems.(Available at:)Accessed February 7, 2013)
- The cost of giving childhood vaccinations: differences among provider types.Pediatrics. 2004; 113: 1582-1587
- Meaningful use and immunization information systems.(Available at:)Accessed February 7, 2013)
- Impact of a two-dimensional barcode for vaccine production, clinical documentation, and public health reporting and tracking—final report.(Available at:)Accessed February 17, 2013)
- Prospective cost–benefit analysis of a two-dimensional barcode for vaccine production, clinical documentation, and public health reporting and tracking.Vaccine. 2013; 31: 3179-3186
- EHR-IIS 2D barcode functional capabilities report. Version 1.0.(Available at:)http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/programs/iis/2d-vaccine-barcodes/downloads/barcode-functional-capabilities.pdf(Accessed January 28, 2014)Date: 2013
- GS1 Healthcare US guideline for suppliers. The application of GS1® DataMatrix barcodes to vaccines for point of care.(Available at:)http://www2.aap.org/immunization/pediatricians/pdf/barcoding_guidance_manufacturers_022212.pdf(Accessed January 28, 2014)Date: 2012
The authors declare that they have no conflict of interest.