Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
Social Security Act, §1601 et seq., 42 USC §1381 et seq. Available at: http://www.socialsecurity.gov/OP_Home/ssact/title16b/1600.htm.
Social Security Administration. SSI annual statistical report, 2011. Available at: http://www.ssa.gov/policy/docs/statcomps/ssi_asr/2011/ssi_asr11.pdf. Accessed January 12, 2013.
Social Security Administration. 2012 SSI annual report. Available at: http://www.ssa.gov/oact/ssir/SSI12/index.html. Accessed May 14, 2015.
Wen P. The other welfare. Boston Globe. Available at: http://www.boston.com/news/health/specials/New_Welfare/. Accessed April 23, 2014.
Bertone D. Supplemental Security Income: preliminary observations on children with mental impairments. Testimony before the Subcommittee on Human Resources, Committee on Ways and Means, House of Representatives, October 27, 2011. Available at: http://www.gao.gov/assets/590/585946.pdf. Accessed May 24, 2012.
Supplemental Security Income for Children With Disabilities. Report to Congress of the National Commission on Childhood Disability. October 1995. Available at: http://www.ssa.gov/history/reports/SSI/SSIKidsExecutiveSummary.pdf. Accessed September 27, 2014.
US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. NHIS: questionnaires, datasets, and related documentation. Available at: http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nhis/nhis_questionnaires.htm. Accessed March 22, 2012.
- The rise in autism and the role of age at diagnosis.Epidemiology. 2009; 20: 84-90
US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. National Health Interview Survey. Questionnaires, datasets, and related documentation, 1997 to the present. Available at: http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nhis/quest_data_related_1997_forward.htm. Accessed January 22, 2012.
- Performance of a five-item mental health screening test.Med Care. 1991; 29: 169-176
- Screening for mood and anxiety disorders with the five-item, the three-item, and the two-item Mental Health Inventory.Psychiatry Res. 2009; 168: 250-255
- Dynamics of obesity and chronic health conditions among children and youth.JAMA. 2010; 303: 623-630
- Potential savings from redetermining disability among children receiving Supplemental Security Income benefits.Acad Pediatr. 2012; 12: 489-494
US Census Bureau. Historical poverty tables—people: table 3. Available at: http://www.census.gov/hhes/www/poverty/data/historical/hstpov3.xls. Accessed May 24, 2012.
- Changing patterns of conditions among children receiving SSI disability benefits.Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med. 1999; 153: 80-84
- Changing trends of childhood disability, 2001–2011.Pediatrics. 2014; 134: 530-538
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Mental health surveillance among children: United States, 2005–2011.MMWR Surveill Summ. 2013; 62: 1-35
- Measurement of children's health.Ambul Pediatr. 2004; 4: 365-370
- Research Consortium on Children With Chronic Conditions. Disparities in the prevalence of disability between black and white children.Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med. 2003; 157: 244-248
- Parent-reported prevalence of autism spectrum disorders in US born children: an assessment of changes within birth cohorts from the 2003 to the 2007 National Survey of Children's Health.Matern Child Health J. 2012; 16: S151-S157
- What DSM-5 could mean to children with autism and their families.JAMA Pediatr. 2013; 167: 608-613
- Financial burden for families of children with special health care needs.Matern Child Health J. 2005; 9: 207-218
The authors declare that they have no conflict of interest.