Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Annual incidence of shaken impact syndrome in young children.Lancet. 2000; 356: 1571-1572
- A population-based study of inflicted traumatic brain injury in young children.JAMA. 2003; 290: 621-626
- Nonaccidental head injury in infants—the “shaken-baby syndrome”.N Engl J Med. 1998; 338: 1822-1829
- Risk of child abuse or neglect in a cohort of low-income children.Child Abuse Negl. 1995; 19: 1115-1130
- Understanding the ecology of child maltreatment: a review of the literature and directions for future research.Child Maltreat. 2006; 11: 263-280
- Socioeconomic status, parenting knowledge and behaviors, and perceived maltreatment of young low-birth-weight children.Social Serv Rev. 2005; 97: 237-267
- The Effect of Family Income on Risk of Child Maltreatment.University of Wisconsin–Madison Institute for Research and Policy, Madison, Wisc2010
- Income inequality and child maltreatment in the United States.Pediatrics. 2014; 133: 454-461
- Understanding the relationship between neighborhood poverty and specific types of child maltreatment.Child Abuse Negl. 1996; 20: 1003-1018
- Community level factors and child maltreatment rates.Child Dev. 1995; 66: 1262-1276
- Increased incidence of inflicted traumatic brain injury in children after a natural disaster.Am J Prev Med. 2004; 26: 189-193
- Changes in reports and incidence of child abuse following natural disasters.Child Abuse Negl. 2000; 24: 1151-1162
- US Business Cycle Expansions and Contractions.National Bureau of Economic Research, Cambridge, Mass2014
- The State of the Nation's Housing. Joint Center for Housing Studies of Harvard University, Boston2011
- State of Homelessness in America: A Research Report on Homelessness.National Alliance to End Homelessness and Homelessness Research Institute, Washington, DC2011
- The Impact of the Mortgage Crisis on Children.First Focus, Washington, DC2008
- America's Children: Key National Indicators of Well-being, 2011. Federal Interagency Forum on Child and Family Statistics, Washington, DC2011
- Abusive head trauma during a time of increased unemployment: a multicenter analysis.Pediatrics. 2011; 128: 637-643
- Increased incidence of nonaccidental head trauma in infants associated with the economic recession.J Neurosurg Pediatr. 2011; 8: 171-176
- Paediatric patients with abusive head trauma treated in US emergency departments, 2006–2009.Brain Inj. 2013; 27: 1555-1561
- Impact of the 2008 economic and financial crisis on child health: a systematic review.Int J Environ Res Public Health. 2014; 11: 6528-6546
- Local macroeconomic trends and hospital admissions for child abuse, 2000–2009.Pediatrics. 2012; 130: e358-e364
- Longitudinal association of county-level economic indicators and child maltreatment incidents.Matern Child Health J. 2014; 18: 2202-2208
United States Census Bureau. Intercensal estimates of the resident population by five-year age groups, sex, race, and Hispanic origin for counties: April 1, 2000 to July 1, 2010. Available at: https://www.census.gov/popest/data/intercensal/county/CO-EST00INT-alldata.html. Accessed November 7, 2013.
United States Census Bureau. Annual estimates of the resident population for counties: April 1, 2010 to July 1, 2012. Available at: https://www.census.gov/popest/data/counties/totals/2012/CO-EST2012-01.html. Accessed November 7, 2013.
- Sources of Foreclosure Data. MBA Research DataNotes.Mortgage Bankers Association, Washington, DC2008
- 2009–2011 American Community Survey.US Dept of Commerce, Washington, DC2011
United States Census Bureau. 2010 Census Data. Washington, DC: US Dept of Commerce. Available at: http://factfinder2.census.gov/faces/nav/jsf/pages/index.xhtml. Accessed November 7, 2013.
- Zero-inflated poisson regression, with an application to defects in manufacturing.Technometrics. 1992; 34: 1-14
- The great recession and the risk for child maltreatment.Child Abuse Negl. 2013; 37: 721-729
- Have Sexual Abuse and Physical Abuse Declined Since the 1990s?.Crimes Against Children Research Center, University of New Hampshire, Durham, NH2012
- Are economic trends associated with child maltreatment? Preliminary results from the recent recession using state level data.Child Youth Serv Rev. 2011; 33: 1280-1287
- Differential response to reports of child abuse and neglect.U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, Children's Bureau, Washington, DC2014
- Updated Trends in Child Maltreatment, 2007.Crimes Against Children Research Center, University of New Hampshire, Durham, NH2009
- National, regional, and state abusive head trauma: application of the CDC algorithm.Pediatrics. 2013; 132: e1546-e1553
- How accurate is the reporting of stroke in hospital discharge data? A pilot validation study using a population-based stroke registry as control.J Neurol. 2013; 260: 605-613
- Identification of physical abuse cases in hospitalized children: accuracy of International Classification of Diseases codes.J Pediatr. 2013; 162: 80-85
- Assessing the accuracy of the International Classification of Diseases codes to identify abusive head trauma: a feasibility study.Inj Prev. 2015; 21: e133-e137
Dr Wood's institution has received payment for expert witness court testimony that Dr Wood has provided in cases of suspected child abuse for which she has been subpoenaed to testify. Dr Scribano's institution has received payment for expert witness court testimony he has provided. Dr Feldman and his institution have received payment for child abuse legal consultation he has provided. Dr Letson receives royalty payments from the University of Arizona for creation of an online course on child maltreatment. The authors declare that they have no conflict of interest.