Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Prevalence of high body mass index in US children and adolescents, 2007–2008.JAMA. 2010; 303: 242-249
- Predicting obesity in young adulthood from childhood and parental obesity.N Engl J Med. 1997; 337: 869-873
- Predicting overweight and obesity in adulthood from body mass index values in childhood and adolescence.Am J Clin Nutr. 2002; 76: 653-658
- Tracking of childhood overweight into adulthood: a systematic review of the literature.Obes Rev. 2008; 9: 474-488
- Risks and consequences of childhood and adolescent obesity.Int J Obes Relat Metab Disord. 1999; 23: S2-S11
- Obesity and risk of type 2 diabetes and cardiovascular disease in children and adolescents.J Clin Endocrinol Metab. 2003; 88: 1417-1427
- Relationship of childhood obesity to coronary heart disease risk factors in adulthood: the Bogalusa Heart Study.Pediatrics. 2001; 108: 712-718
- Long-term morbidity and mortality of overweight adolescents.N Engl J Med. 1992; 327: 1350-1355
- Childhood body-mass index and the risk of coronary heart disease in adulthood.N Engl J Med. 2007; 357: 2329-2337
- A children's health belief model.Med Care. 1990; 28: 69-86
- Personal and parental weight misperception and self-reported attempted weight loss in US children and adolescents, National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey, 2007–2008 and 2009–2010.Prev Chronic Dis. 2014; 11: E132
- Where perception meets reality: self-perception of weight in overweight adolescents.Pediatrics. 2010; 125: e452-e458
- The association between weight perception and BMI among high school students.Obes Res. 2004; 12: 1866-1874
- Accuracy of teen and parental reports of obesity and body mass index.Pediatrics. 2000; 106: 52-58
- Ethnic/racial differences in weight-related concerns and behaviors among adolescent girls and boys: findings from Project EAT.J Psychosomat Res. 2002; 53: 963-974
- Weight misperception and health risk behaviors among early adolescents.Am J Health Behav. 2011; 35: 797-806
- Perception of weight status in US children and adolescents aged 8–15 years, 2005–2012.NCHS Data Brief. 2014; : 1-7
- Early Childhood Longitudinal Study, Kindergarten Class of 1998–99 (ECLS-K): Combined User's Manual for the ECLS-K Eighth-Grade and K–8 Full Sample Data Files and Electronic Codebooks.National Center for Education Statistics; Institute of Education Sciences; US Dept of Education, Washington, DC2009 (Available at:)Accessed June 6, 2015)
- CDC growth charts: United States.Adv Data. 2000; : 1-27
The authors declare that they have no conflict of interest.