Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Novel nicotine delivery systems and public health: the rise of the “e-cigarette”.Am J Public Health. 2010; 100: 2340-2342
American Academy of Pediatrics Julius B. Richmond Center of Excellence. E-cigarettes. 2014. Available at: http://www2.aap.org/richmondcenter/pdfs/ECigarette_handout.pdf. Accessed December 16, 2014.
- Electronic cigarettes: navigating the vapor.Ann Allergy Asthma Immunol. 2014; 112: 481-483
- E-cigarettes: a scientific review.Circulation. 2014; 129: 1972-1986
- Electronic cigarette use and exposure in the pediatric population.JAMA Pediatr. 2015; 169: 177-182
- Nicotine content of electronic cigarettes, its release in vapour and its consistency across batches: regulatory implications.Addiction. 2014; 109: 500-507
- Awareness and ever-use of electronic cigarettes among US adults, 2010–2011.Nicotine Tob Res. 2013; 15: 1623-1627
- Trends in electronic cigarette use among US adults: use is increasing in both smokers and nonsmokers.Nicotine Tob Res. 2014; 16: 1140-1144
- Electronic nicotine delivery systems: adult use and awareness of the “e-cigarette” in the USA.Tob Control. 2013; 22: 19-23
- Risk factors for exclusive e-cigarette use and dual e-cigarette use and tobacco use in adolescents.Pediatrics. 2015; 135: e43-e51
- Electronic cigarettes and conventional cigarette use among US adolescents: a cross-sectional study.JAMA Pediatr. 2014; 168: 610-617
- Intentions to smoke cigarettes among never-smoking US middle and high school electronic cigarette users, National Youth Tobacco Survey, 2011–2013.Nicotine Tob Res. 2015; 17: 228-235
- Trends in use of electronic nicotine delivery systems by adolescents.Addict Behav. 2014; 39: 338-340
- Multiple tobacco product use among adults in the United States: cigarettes, cigars, electronic cigarettes, hookah, smokeless tobacco, and snus.Prev Med. 2014; 62: 14-19
McArdle M. E-cigarettes: a $1.5 billion industry braces for FDA regulation. 2014. Available at: http://www.bloomberg.com/bw/articles/2014-02-06/e-cigarettes-fda-regulation-looms-for-1-dot-5-billion-industry. Accessed January 6, 2015.
- Electronic cigarettes for smoking cessation and reduction.Cochrane Database Syst Rev. 2014; : CD010216
- Electronic cigarettes for smoking cessation: a randomised controlled trial.Lancet. 2013; 382: 1629-1637
- Electronic nicotine delivery systems: international tobacco control four-country survey.Am J Prev Med. 2013; 44: 207-215
- Aggressive E-cigarette Marketing and Potential Consequences for Youth.American Academy of Pediatrics, Elk Grove Village, Ill2014 (Senate Committee on Commerce, Science and Transportation)
- Flavorings in electronic cigarettes: an unrecognized respiratory health hazard?.JAMA. 2014; 312: 2493-2494
ScienceLab.com. Material safety data sheet. L-Nicotine MSDS. 2013. Available at: http://www.sciencelab.com/msds.php?msdsId=9926222. Accessed February 26, 2015.
Korioth T. Liquid nicotine used in e-cigarettes can kill children. AAP News. December 17, 2014. Available at: http://aapnews.aappublications.org/content/early/2014/12/17/aapnews.20141217-1. Accessed July 14, 2015.
- Notes from the field: calls to poison control centers for exposure to electronic cigarette: United States, September 2010–February 2014.MMWR Morb Mortality Wkly Rep. 2014; 63: 292-293
Fort Plain baby dies after swallowing liquid nicotine. WNYT.com (Albany, NY), December 10, 2014. http://wnyt.com/article/stories/S3645210.shtml. Accessed December 17, 2014.
- The use and perception of electronic cigarettes and snus among the US population.PLoS One. 2013; 8: e79332
- NIH electronic cigarette workshop: developing a research agenda.Nicotine Tob Res. 2015; 17: 259-269
- Electronic cigarettes: effective nicotine delivery after acute administration.Nicotine Tob Res. 2013; 15: 267-270
- Acute electronic cigarette use: nicotine delivery and subjective effects in regular users.Psychopharmacology. 2014; 231: 401-407
- Parental smoking and adolescent smoking initiation: an intergenerational perspective on tobacco control.Pediatrics. 2009; 123: e274-e281
- Primary care interventions to prevent tobacco use in children and adolescents: US Preventive Services Task Force recommendation statement.Ann Intern Med. 2013; 132: 560-565
- Youth tobacco exposure: the pediatrician's role in addressing a persistent problem.Acad Pediatr. 2013; 13: 489-490
- Healthcare providers' beliefs and attitudes about electronic cigarettes and preventive counseling for adolescent patients.J Adolesc Health. 2014; 54: 678-683
- Current cigarette smoking among adults—United States, 2005–2013.MMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep. 2014; 63: 1108-1112
Directive 2014/40/EU of the European Parliament and of the council. 2014. Available at: http://ec.europa.eu/health/tobacco/docs/dir_201440_en.pdf. Accessed June 23, 2015
- Research electronic data capture (REDCap)—a metadata-driven methodology and workflow process for providing translational research informatics support.J Biomed Inform. 2009; 42: 377-381
The authors declare that they have no conflict of interest.