Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Handbook of Autism and Pervasive Developmental Disorders.John Wiley, Hoboken, NJ2005
- Television, video game and social media use among children with ASD and typically developing siblings.J Autism Dev Disord. 2013; 43: 1258-1271
- Researches in brief: the management of television and video by parents of children with autism.Autism. 2000; 4: 331-337
- From tarantulas to toilet brushes.Remedial Spec Educ. 2007; 28: 140-152
- Barriers to physical activity in children with autism spectrum disorders: relationship to physical activity and screen time.J Phys Activity Health. 2015; 12: 529-534
- Media use and sleep among boys with autism spectrum disorder, ADHD, or typical development.Pediatrics. 2013; 132: 1081-1089
- A normative study of family media habits.J Appl Dev Psychol. 2002; 23: 157-178
- Demographic predictors of media use among infants, toddlers and preschoolers.Am Behav Sci. 2005; 48: 539-561
- American children's use of electronic media in 1997: a national survey.J Appl Dev Psychol. 2001; 22: 31-47
- Predictors of children's electronic media use: an examination of three ethnic groups.Media Psychol. 2003; 5: 107-137
- Relationship of physical activity and television watching and body weight and level of fatness among children: results from the Third National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey.JAMA. 1998; 279: 938-942
- Media and children.(Available at:)https://www.aap.org/en-us/advocacy-and-policy/aap-health-initiatives/Pages/Media-and-Children.aspx(Accessed March 13, 2015)Date: 2015
- The daily lives of adolescents with an autism spectrum disorder: discretionary time use and activity partners.Autism. 2011; 15: 579-599
- Prevalence and correlates of screen-based media use among youths with autism spectrum disorders.J Autism Dev Disord. 2012; 42: 1757-1767
- Media use among adolescents with autism spectrum disorder.Autism. 2014; 18: 914-923
- Changes in prevalence of parent-reported autism spectrum disorder in school-aged US children: 2007 to 2011–2012.Natl Health Stat Rep. 2013; 65: 1-11
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. State and local area integrated telephone survey: National Survey of Children's Health. Available at: http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/slaits/nsch.htm. Accessed March 13, 2015.
- Design and operation of the National Survey of Children's Health, 2007.Vital Health Stat 1. 2012; 55: 1-149
- Profiles of sedentary behavior in children and adolescents: the US National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey, 2001–2006.Int J Pediatr Obes. 2009; 4: 353-359
The author declares that he has no conflict of interest.