Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Expert committee recommendations regarding the prevention, assessment, and treatment of child and adolescent overweight and obesity: summary report.Pediatrics. 2007; 120: S164-S192
- Parent participation in weight-related health interventions for children and adolescents: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Prev Med. 2012; 55: 3-13
- Parental perspectives regarding primary-care weight-management strategies for school-age children..Matern Child Nutr. 2014 Apr 10; ([Epub ahead of print])https://doi.org/10.1111/mcn.12131
- Parental underestimates of child weight: a meta-analysis.Pediatrics. 2014; 133: e689-e703
- Change in misperception of child's body weight among parents of American preschool children..Child Obes. 2015 Apr 30; ([Epub ahead of print])
- Underestimation of children's weight status: views of parents in an urban community.Clin Pediatr. 2010; 49: 470-476
Children's Medical Center 2011 report. Beyond a, b, c. Available at: http://www.scribd.com/doc/72738921/Children-s-Medical-Center-report. Accessed June 24, 2015.
- Screening for obesity in children and adolescents: US Preventive Services Task Force recommendation statement.Pediatrics. 2010; 125: 361-367
- Health status, emotional/behavioral problems, health care use, and expenditures in overweight/obese US children/adolescents.Acad Pediatr. 2013; 13: 251-258
- Using BMI to determine cardiovascular risk in childhood: how do the BMI cutoffs fare?.Pediatrics. 2009; 124: e905-e912
- The Discovery of Grounded Theory: Strategies for Qualitative Research.Aldine Publishing, New York, NY1967
- Association between multiple cardiovascular risk factors and atherosclerosis in children and young adults.N Engl J Med. 1998; 338: 1650-1656
- Pediatricians' communication about weight with overweight Latino children and their parents.Pediatrics. 2014; 134: 892-899
- Do parents understand growth charts? A national, internet-based survey.Pediatrics. 2009; 124: 1100-1109
- Cardiovascular risk factors and excess adiposity among overweight children and adolescents: the Bogalusa Heart Study.J Pediatr. 2007; 150: 12-17.e2
- Predictors of body mass index and associations with cardiovascular risk factors in Australian children: a prospective cohort study.Int J Obes (Lond). 2005; 29: 15-23
- The utility of body mass index as a measure of body fatness in children and adolescents: differences by race and gender.Pediatrics. 1997; 99: 804-807
- Racial differences in the tracking of childhood BMI to adulthood.Obes Res. 2005; 13: 928-935
- CDC health disparities and inequalities report—United States, 2013.MMWR Surveill Summ. 2013; 62 (Available at:) (Accessed August 27, 2015): 1-186
- Staged treatment of pediatric obesity according to age and BMI percentile.Pediatrics. 2007; 120 (Available at:) (Accessed August 27, 2015): S254-S288
- The obesity epidemic in the United States—gender, age, socioeconomic, racial/ethnic, and geographic characteristics: a systematic review and meta-regression analysis.Epidemiol Rev. 2007; 29: 6-28
- The participation of minorities in published pediatric research.J Natl Med Assoc. 2005; 97: 777-783
The authors declare that they have no conflict of interest.