Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Early evaluations of the medical home: building on a promising start.Am J Manag Care. 2012; 18: 105-116
- Practice redesign and the patient-centered medical home: history, promises, and challenges.Health Aff (Millwood). 2010; 29: 773-778
- History of the medical home concept.Pediatrics. 2004; 113: 1473-1478
- Patient-centered medical home demonstration: a prospective, quasi-experimental, before and after evaluation.Am J Manag Care. 2009; 15: e71-e87
- The Group Health medical home at year two: cost savings, higher patient satisfaction, and less burnout for providers.Health Aff (Millwood). 2010; 29: 835-843
- Relationship of clinical medical home scores to quality and patient experience.J Ambul Care Manage. 2011; 34: 57-66
- Associations between practice-reported medical homeness and health care utilization among publicly insured children.Acad Pediatr. 2015; 15: 267-274
- The post-Katrina conversion of clinics in New Orleans to medical homes shows change is possible, but hard to sustain.Health Aff (Millwood). 2012; 31: 1729-1738
- Joint Principles of the Patient-Centered Medical Home.2007 (Available at:)Accessed March 29, 2013)
Patient-Centered Primary Care Collaborative. The Medical Home: Results and Evidence. Available at: https://www.pcpcc.org/results-evidence. Accessed April 30, 2012.
- Prevalence and characteristics of children with special health care needs.Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med. 2004; 158: 884-890
- Access to medical home: new findings from the 2005-2006 National Survey of Children with Special Needs.Pediatrics. 2009; 123: 996-1004
- A review of the evidence for the medical home for children with special health care needs.Pediatrics. 2008; 122: e922-e937
- Improved outcomes associated with medical home implementation in pediatric primary care.Pediatrics. 2009; 124: 358-364
- Effect of an enhanced medical home on serious illness and cost of care among high-risk children with chronic illness a randomized clinical trial.JAMA. 2014; 312: 2640-2648
NCQA. 2008 Physician Practice Connections Patient-Centered Medical Home (PPC-PCMH) Program. Available at: https://www.ncqa.org/Portals/0/Programs/Recognition/PPC-PCMH%202008%20vs%20PCMH%202011Crosswalk%20FINAL.pdf. Accessed June 25, 2012.
- Reinventing Medicaid: state innovations to qualify and pay for patient-centered medical homes show promising results.Health Aff (Millwood). 2011; 30: 1325-1334
Stewart KA, Zickafoose JS, Wu B, et al. Association Between NCQA Patient-Centered Medical Home Recognition for Primary Care Practices and Quality of Care for Children with Disabilities and Special Health Care Needs (No. 0ba6ce2e27774094b3a5c15564bc03f3). Mathematica Policy Research. Available at: http://aspe.hhs.gov/daltcp/reports/2014/ChildDisV3.pdf. Accessed August 12, 2015.
Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services. Medicaid Analytic eXtract (MAX) General Information. Available at: https://www.cms.gov/research-statistics-data-and-systems/computer-data-and-systems/medicaiddatasourcesgeninfo/maxgeneralinformation.html. Accessed October 14, 2012.
Kronick RG, Bella M, Gilmer TP. The faces of Medicaid III: refining the portrait of people with multiple chronic conditions. Center for Health Care Strategies, Inc, October 2009. Available at: http://www.chcs.org/media/Faces_of_Medicaid_III.pdf. Accessed June 26, 2012.
- Qualitative Evaluation and Research Methods.3rd ed. Sage, Newbury Park, Calif2002
- Checklist for improving rigour in qualitative research: a case of the tail wagging the dog?.Br Med J. 2001; 322: 1115-1117
- The voices of limited English proficiency Latina mothers on pediatric primary care: lessons for the medical home.Matern Child Health J. 2013; 17: 95-109
- Transforming Qualitative Information: Thematic Analysis and Code Development.Sage, Thousand Oaks, Calif1998
- Transforming physician practices to patient-centered medical homes: lessons from the national demonstration project.Health Aff (Millwood). 2011; 30: 439-445
- Enhancing the primary care team to provide redesigned care: the roles of practice facilitators and care managers.Ann Fam Med. 2013; 11: 80-83
- From triple to quadruple aim: care of the patient requires care of the provider.Ann Fam Med. 2014; 12: 573-576
The authors have no conflicts of interest to disclose.
Financial disclosure: This work was supported through a contract (HHSP23320095642WC) from the Assistant Secretary for Planning and Evaluation in the Department of Health and Human Services. The sponsor did not participate in the study design, collection, analysis, interpretation, or writing of the report.