Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Prevalence of childhood and adult obesity in the United States, 2011–2012.JAMA. 2014; 311: 806-814
- Committee on Nutrition. The role of the pediatrician in primary prevention of obesity.Pediatrics. 2015; 136: e275-e292
- Expert committee recommendations regarding the prevention, assessment, and treatment of child and adolescent overweight and obesity: summary report.Pediatrics. 2007; 120: S164-S192
- Recommendations for prevention of childhood obesity.Pediatrics. 2007; 120: S229-S253
- Assessment of child and adolescent overweight and obesity.Pediatrics. 2007; 120: S193-S228
- Recommendations for treatment of child and adolescent overweight and obesity.Pediatrics. 2007; 120: S254-S288
- Motivational interviewing targeting diet and physical activity improves adherence to paediatric obesity treatment: results from the MI Values randomized controlled trial.Pediatr Obes. 2015; 10: 118-125
- Motivational interviewing for pediatric obesity: conceptual issues and evidence review.J Am Diet Assoc. 2006; 106: 2024-2033
Resnicow K, Bocian A, Harris D, et al. Can brief motivational interviewing in practice reduce child body mass index? Results of a 2-year randomized controlled trial. Paper presented at: Pediatric Academic Societies Meeting; 2014; Vancouver, Canada.
- Office-based motivational interviewing to prevent childhood obesity: a feasibility study.Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med. 2007; 161: 495-501
- Adoption of body mass index guidelines for screening and counseling in pediatric practice.Pediatrics. 2010; 125: 265-272
- Do internists, pediatricians, and psychiatrists feel competent in obesity care? Using a needs assessment to drive curriculum design.J Gen Intern Med. 2008; 23: 1066-1070
- Training in childhood obesity management in the United States: a survey of pediatric, internal medicine-pediatrics and family medicine residency program directors.BMC Med Educ. 2010; 10: 18
- Barriers to obesity training for pediatric residents: a qualitative exploration of residency director perspectives.Teach Learn Med. 2006; 18: 348-355
- Provider communication behaviors that predict motivation to change in black adolescents with obesity.J Dev Behav Pediatr. 2013; 34: 599-608
- Are physicians equipped to address the obesity epidemic? Knowledge and attitudes of internal medicine residents.Prev Med. 2003; 36: 669-675
- Barriers to obesity management: a pilot study of primary care clinicians.BMC Fam Pract. 2006; 7: 35
- Prevention of pediatric overweight and obesity.Pediatrics. 2003; 112: 424-430
- Trends in the diagnosis of overweight and obesity in children and adolescents: 1999–2007.Pediatrics. 2009; 123: e153-e158
- Screening and counseling for childhood obesity: results from a national survey.J Am Board Fam Med. 2010; 23: 334-342
- Majority of pediatricians use body mass index to screen for obesity.AAP News. 2013; 34: 18
- Management of child and adolescent obesity: attitudes, barriers, skills, and training needs among health care professionals.Pediatrics. 2002; 110: 210-214
- Bolstering confidence in obesity prevention and treatment counseling for resident and community pediatricians.Patient Educ Couns. 2008; 73: 179-185
- Domain of competence: patient care.Acad Pediatr. 2014; 14: S13-S35
- ACGME program requirements for graduate medical education in pediatrics.2012 (Available at:)Accessed December 17, 2015)
- The medical visit context of treatment decision-making and the therapeutic relationship.Health Expect. 2000; 3: 17-25
- Response rates and response bias for 50 surveys of pediatricians.Health Serv Res. 2005; 40: 213-226
Conflict of Interest: The authors declare that they have no conflict of interest.