Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Early life risk factors for obesity in childhood: cohort study.BMJ. 2005; 330: 1357
- Identifying risk for obesity in early childhood.Pediatrics. 2006; 118: e594-e601
- Prevalence of childhood and adult obesity in the United States, 2011-2012.JAMA. 2014; 311: 806-814
- Institute of Medicine (IOM) early childhood obesity prevention policies.Adv Nutr (Bethesda). 2012; 3: 56-57
- What predicts intent to breastfeed exclusively? Breastfeeding knowledge, attitudes, and beliefs in a diverse urban population.Breastfeed Med. 2011; 6: 413-420
- Factor and subscale structure of a parental health locus of control instrument (parental health beliefs scales) for use in a mainland United States Puerto Rican community.Soc Sci Med. 2000; 50: 715-721
- Fetal health locus of control scale: Development and validation.J Consult Clin Psychol. 1986; 54: 814-819
- Women's behaviour, beliefs and information sources about physical exercise in pregnancy.Midwifery. 2004; 20: 133-141
- Factors associated with health information-seeking in low-income pregnant women.Womens Health. 2010; 50: 426-442
- Intention to breastfeed and other important health-related behaviour and beliefs during pregnancy.Fam Pract. 2003; 20: 528-530
- Socioeconomic differences in attitudes and beliefs about healthy lifestyles.J Epidemiol Community Health. 2003; 57: 440-443
- Psychosocial factors and socioeconomic indicators are associated with household food insecurity among pregnant women.J Nutr. 2006; 136: 177-182
- Health locus of control beliefs and socio-economic differences in self-rated health.Prev Med. 2008; 46: 374-380
- The role of locus of control in daily life.Pers Soc Psychol Bull. 2014; 40: 121-131
- Cumulative hardship and wellness of low-income, young children: multisite surveillance study.Pediatrics. 2010; 125: e1115-e1123
- US housing insecurity and the health of very young children.Am J Public Health. 2011; 101: 1508-1514
- Guide to Measuring Household Food Security, Revised 2000.US Department of Agriculture, Food and Nutrition Service, Alexandria, Va2000
- Survey of Income and Program Participation (SIPP) 1993 Panel, Longitudinal File. ICPSR Version: US Department of Commerce, Bureau of the Census Washington, DC:.1997
- The pregnancy risk assessment monitoring system (PRAMS): Current methods and evaluation of 2001 response rates.Public Health Rep. 2006; 121: 74-83
- Impact of medical specialists' locus of control on communication skills in oncological interviews.Br J Cancer. 2003; 88: 502-509
Lekfuangfu WN, Cornaglia F, Powdthavee N, et al. Locus of control and its intergenerational implications for early childhood skill formation. Institute for the Study of Labor Discussion Paper No. 8487. Available at: http://ftp.iza.org/dp8487.pdf. Accessed December 21, 2015.
- The PHQ-9: validity of a brief depression severity measure.J Gen Intern Med. 2001; 16: 606-613
- Varying body mass index cutoff points to describe overweight prevalence among U.S. adults: NHANES III (1988 to 1994).Obes Res. 1997; 5: 542-548
- Using Multivariate Statistics.5th ed. Allyn and Bacon, Boston, MA2007
- Relationship of childhood abuse and household dysfunction to many of the leading causes of death in adults. The Adverse Childhood Experiences (ACE) study.Am J Prev Med. 1998; 14: 245-258
- The lifelong effects of early childhood adversity and toxic stress.Pediatrics. 2012; 129: e232-e246
- Early childhood poverty, cumulative risk exposure, and body mass index trajectories through young adulthood.Am J Public Health. 2010; 100: 2507-2512
- Food insecurity and obesogenic maternal infant feeding styles and practices in low-income families.Pediatrics. 2012; 130: 254-261
Hilmers A, Cullen K, Moore C, et al. Exploring the association between household food insecurity, parental self-efficacy, and fruit and vegetable parenting practices among parents of 5- to 8-year-old overweight children. Available at: http://digitalcommons.library.tmc.edu/childrenatrisk/vol3/iss1/5. Assessed March 9, 2015.
- Poverty, near-poverty, and hardship around the time of pregnancy.Matern Child Health J. 2010; 14: 20-35
- Food insecurity: special considerations for women.Am J Clin Nutr. 2011; 94: 1740S-1744S
- Adaptation of the US household food security survey module for low-income pregnant Latinas: qualitative phase.J Hunger Environ Nutr. 2009; 4: 62-80
- Attitudes about shared reading among at-risk mothers of newborn babies.Ambul Pediatr. 2007; 7: 45-50
- Maternal intention to breastfeed and breastfeeding outcomes in term and preterm infants: PRAMS 2000–2003.Public Health Nutr. 2012; 15: 702-710
- Impact of mothers' negative affectivity, parental locus of control and child-feeding practices on dietary patterns of 3-year-old children: the MoBa cohort study.Matern Child Nutr. 2012; 8: 103-114
The authors have no conflicts of interest to disclose.