Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Developmental features of sleep.Child Adolesc Psychiatr Clin N Am. 1999; 8: 695-725
- Sleep in infants and young children: part two: common sleep problems.J Pediatr Health Care. 2004; 18: 130-137
- The association between television viewing and irregular sleep schedules among children less than 3 years of age.Pediatrics. 2005; 116: 851-856
- A Clinical Guide to Pediatric Sleep: Diagnosis and Management of Sleep Problems.Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, Philadelphia, PA2010
- Circadian rhythm sleep disorders in childhood. Principles and Practice of Sleep Medicine in the Child.W.B. Saunders, Philadelphia, PA1995: 91-105
- Developmental aspects of sleep hygiene: findings from the 2004 National Sleep Foundation Sleep in America Poll.Sleep Med. 2009; 10: 771-779
- Bright Futures: Guidelines for Health Supervision of Infants, Children, and Adolescents.American Academy of Pediatrics, Elk Grove Village, Ill2008
- Reading grade levels and health behaviors of parents at child clinics.Kans Med. 1995; 96: 127
- Health literacy and child health outcomes: a systematic review of the literature.Pediatrics. 2009; 124: S265-S274
- Health literacy interventions and outcomes: an updated systematic review.Evid Rep Technol Assess (Full Rep). 2011; (Number 199): 1-941
- Online pediatric information seeking among mothers of young children: results from a qualitative study using focus groups.J Med Internet Res. 2004; 6: e7
- Media use by children younger than 2 years.Pediatrics. 2011; 128: 1040-1045
- “Greenlight study”: a controlled trial of low-literacy, early childhood obesity prevention.Pediatrics. 2014; 133: e1724-e1737
- Research electronic data capture (REDCap)-a metadata-driven methodology and workflow process for providing translational research informatics support.J Biomed Inform. 2009; 42: 377-381
- Short sleep duration in infancy and risk of childhood overweight.Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med. 2008; 162: 305-311
- Social and demographic predictors of preschoolers' bedtime routines.J Dev Behav Pediatr. 2009; 30: 394-402
Princeton University. Fragile Families and Child Wellbeing Study. Available at: http://www.fragilefamilies.princeton.edu/documentation.asp. Accessed September 11, 2015.
Woodard EH IV, Gridina N. Media in the home. The Fifth Annual Survey of Parents and Children. 2000. Available at: http://cdn.annenbergpublicpolicycenter.org/wp-content/uploads/survey72.pdf. Accessed September 11, 2015.
National Sleep Foundation. 2004 Children and Sleep. Available at: http://sleepfoundation.org/sleep-polls-data/sleep-in-america-poll/2004-children-and-sleep. Accessed September 11, 2015.
- Development of a brief test to measure functional health literacy.Patient Educ Couns. 1999; 38: 33-42
- Literacy and knowledge, attitudes, and behavior about colorectal cancer screening.J Health Commun. 2005; 10: 651-663
- Caregiver health literacy and adherence to a daily multi-vitamin with iron regimen in infants.Patient Educ Couns. 2009; 75: 376-380
- The CES-D scale A self-report depression scale for research in the general population.Appl Psychol Meas. 1977; 1: 385-401
- Parent health literacy and “obesogenic” feeding and physical activity-related infant care behaviors.J Pediatr. 2014; 164: 577-583.e1
- Racial and ethnic differences associated with feeding- and activity-related behaviors in infants.Pediatrics. 2014; 133: e857-e867
- Television in the Home 1998: The Third Annual National Survey of Parents and Children.Annenberg Public Policy Center, Philadelphia1998
- Television viewing and television in bedroom associated with overweight risk among low-income preschool children.Pediatrics. 2002; 109: 1028-1035
Roberts DF. Kids & [email protected] the New Millennium: A Kaiser Family Foundation Report. A Comprehensive National Analysis of Children's Media Use. Executive Summary. 1999.Available at: https://kaiserfamilyfoundation.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/kids-media-the-new-millennium-report.pdf. Accessed September 11, 2015.
- Sleep duration from infancy to adolescence: reference values and generational trends.Pediatrics. 2003; 111: 302-307
- Sleep and sleep ecology in the first 3 years: a Web-based study.J Sleep Res. 2009; 18: 60-73
- Norms and trends of sleep time among US children and adolescents.JAMA Pediatr. 2013; 167: 55-60
- Concurrent and longitudinal relations between children's sleep and cognitive functioning: the moderating role of parent education.Child Dev. 2009; 80: 875-892
- The practice of pediatric sleep medicine: results of a community survey.Pediatrics. 2001; 108: e51
- Prevalence of diagnosed sleep disorders in pediatric primary care practices.Pediatrics. 2010; 125: e1410-e1418
- Parental understanding of infant health information: health literacy, numeracy, and the Parental Health Literacy Activities Test (PHLAT).Acad Pediatr. 2010; 10: 309-316
The authors have no conflicts of interest to disclose.