Data Extraction and Synthesis
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Is there an epidemic of child or adolescent depression?.J Child Psychol Psychiatry. 2006; 47: 1263-1271
- The clinical picture of major depression in children and adolescents.Arch Gen Psychiatry. 1987; 44: 854-861
- Childhood and adolescent depression: a review of the past 10 years. Part II.J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry. 1996; 35: 1575-1583
- Depression in children may go unnoticed and untreated.BMJ. 2002; 325: 229-230
- Mental health outcome of long-term and episodic adolescent depression: 15-year follow-up of a community sample.J Affect Disord. 2011; 130: 395-404
- Psychosocial characteristics of adolescents with a past history of dysthymic disorder: comparison with adolescents with past histories of major depressive and non-affective disorders, and never mentally ill controls.J Affect Disord. 1997; 42: 127-135
- Depression in Children and Young People: Identification and Management in Primary, Community and Secondary Care.British Psychological Society and Royal College of Psychiatrists, Leicester, UK2005
- Practice parameters for the assessment and treatment of children and adolescents with depressive disorders.J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry. 2007; 46: 1503-1526
SBU. Treatment of depression. Stockholm: Swedish Council on Health Technology Assessment in Health Care (SBU); 2004. SBU report no 166/1 (in Swedish). Available at: http://www.sbu.se/en/Published/Yellow/Treatment-of-depression. Accessed September 20, 2015.
- Evidence-based psychosocial treatments for child and adolescent depression.J Clin Child Adolesc Psychol. 2008; 37: 62-104
- Effects of psychotherapy for depression in children and adolescents: a meta-analysis.Psychol Bull. 2006; 132: 132-149
- Psychotherapy for depression among children and adolescents: a systematic review.Acta Psychiatr Scand. 2007; 116: 84-95
- Psychosocial treatments for adolescent depression.Clin Psychol Rev. 1999; 21: 385-401
- A novel early intervention for preschool depression: findings from a pilot randomized controlled trial.J Child Psychol Psychiatry. 2012; 53: 313-322
- Comparative efficacy and acceptability of psychotherapies for depression in children and adolescents: a systematic review and network meta-analysis.World Psychiatry. 2015; 14: 207-222
- A rating scale for depression.J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry. 1960; 23: 56-62
- The Children's Depression Inventory (CDI).Psychopharmacol Bull. 1985; 21: 995-998
- Beck Depression Inventory: Manual.Psychological Corporation, San Antonio, Tex1987
Higgins J, Green S. Cochrane handbook for systematic reviews of interventions. Version 5.1.0. Updated March 2011. Available at: http://www.cochrane-handbook.org. Accessed September 21, 2015.
- Bias in meta-analysis detected by a simple, graphical test.BMJ. 1997; 315: 629-634
- A combined cognitive-behavioral family education intervention for depression in children: a treatment development study.Cogn Ther Res. 2002; 26: 221-229
- The effect of two school-based intervention programs on depressive symptoms in preadolescents.Am Educ Res J. 1980; 17: 111-119
- A Cognitive–Behavioral Intervention for Conduct Disordered and Concurrently Conduct Disordered and Depressed Children [dissertation].Adelphi University, Garden City, NY1998
- Treating depressive symptoms in schoolchildren: a pilot study.Eur Child Adolesc Psychiatry. 2004; 13: 105-114
- Cognitive-behaviour therapy with depressed primary school children: a cautionary note.Behav Psychother. 1990; 18: 85-102
- The Prevention of Depressive Symptoms in Adolescents.([dissertation]) University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pa1996
- The prevention of depressive symptoms in rural school children: a randomized controlled trial.J Consult Clin Psychol. 2003; 71: 622-628
- A comparison of the relative efficacy of self-control therapy and a behavioral problem-solving therapy for depression in children.J Abnorm Child Psychol. 1987; 15: 91-113
- Brief treatment of mild-to-moderate child depression using primary and secondary control enhancement training.J Consult Clin Psychol. 1997; 65: 703-707
- CBT for children with depressive symptoms: a meta-analysis.Cogn Behav Ther. 2014; 43: 275-288
- A randomised controlled out-patient trial of cognitive-behavioural treatment for children and adolescents with depression: 9-month follow-up.J Affect Disord. 1996; 40: 105-116
- Impact of multifamily psychoeducational psychotherapy in treating children aged 8 to 12 years with mood disorders.Arch Gen Psychiatry. 2009; 66: 1013-1021
- Is the placebo powerless? An analysis of clinical trials comparing placebo with no treatment.N Engl J Med. 2001; 344: 1594-1602
- Comparative efficacy, acceptability, and safety of medicinal, cognitive-behavioral therapy, and placebo treatments for acute major depressive disorder in children and adolescents: a multiple-treatments meta-analysis.Curr Med Res Opin. 2014; 30: 971-995
- Cognitive behavioral therapy for depression in youth.Child Adolesc Psychiatr Clin N Am. 2006; 15 (ix): 939-957
- Efficacy and tolerability of antidepressants in the treatment of adolescents and young adults with depression and substance use disorders: a systematic review and meta-analysis.Addiction. 2015; 110: 38-48
- Impact of comorbidity on a cognitive-behavioral group treatment for adolescent depression.J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry. 2001; 40: 795-802
- Parental responses to positive and negative emotions in anxious and nonanxious children.J Clin Child Adolesc Psychol. 2008; 37: 303-313
- Cognitive-behavioral psychotherapy for anxiety and depressive disorders in children and adolescents: an evidence-based medicine review.J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry. 2004; 43: 930-959
- How effective are treatments for child and adolescent depression? A meta-analytic review.Clin Psychol Rev. 2002; 22: 247-269
The first 4 authors contributed equally to this article, and all should be considered first author.
Conflict of Interest: The authors declare that they have no conflict of interest.